Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I'm encountering a weird issue, and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen it.   Every so often acts like it ctd, but if I wait a few seconds it comes right back.   I can usually still hear the sound of the game while this happens.  It's not a game ending crash, but it's weird.

Hi,

I get that too -- graphics freeze and sound continues then back to normal after 2 or 3 seconds -- I have just assumed it was SafeSave doing one of its timed saves....

Or is it something else completely??

dan.

After the update from January 2, I now occasionally get frozen loading screens when moving to a different location (e.g. using the carriage or fast travelling to another city/location etc.)

Any idea what might be causing that issue?

sound like it could be Skyrim Save System Overhaul I actually have mine set so it only saves via a hotkey when I want to no rotating saves no autosaves.

sound like it could be Skyrim Save System Overhaul I actually have mine set so it only saves via a hotkey when I want to no rotating saves no autosaves.

It can't be SSSO cause I don't have it active currently.

The last couple freezes happened when travelling directly to the Dragonborn Gallery.

Since then I fast travelled to the Blue Palace without any hitch so far.

This is my first post on the forum and I wanted to say how much I appreciate your work on this guide. I've used the Skyrim Revisited list for Oldrim and I was glad I saw this when I decided to start playing SE.

I'm working on the install currently and came across the Spell Research mod while on Youtube. I really like the idea behind it and wanted to know if you guys thought it was a good fit for this modlist? It doesn't appear to have any (known) compatibility issues with any of the mods on the list that I can see. The mod looks like something I'd be interested in for sure. Anyone else tried it out?

So... People on Reddit are pestering me about Wet and Cold apparently being a buggy, crashy mess on Special Edition, especially when it's combined with Frostfall.  With how positive people have been about this setup and the total lack of comments on it I doubt it's actually causing many issues.  Thoughts?

So... People on Reddit are pestering me about Wet and Cold apparently being a buggy, crashy mess on Special Edition, especially when it's combined with Frostfall.  With how positive people have been about this setup and the total lack of comments on it I doubt it's actually causing many issues.  Thoughts?

I Have been using wet and cold and frostfall together for ages I don't think it crashy but if you disagree with me by all I leave it out. You need to clean the weather system consistency Patch yourself.

Some weeks later.

In Breezehome, I use the spell conjure skeletons. With one type of skeletons, I've got CTD, so I' don't know the name of the skeletons 'cause CTD.

Someone have the list of skeletons' ID in the game?

Thank you. ;-)

New tests

I can summon one armored skeleton veteran without problems, when I summon a second one who comes with other armor/weapons than the first one, the game CTD. I think the issue is due to an armor/weapon missing file (mesh or texture). Someone get an idea how process to know which files(s) are missing?

Thank you for your help ::):

Edit: Sorry for the double post

Edited by DorisaDarvel

New tests

I can summon one armored skeleton veteran without problems, when I summon a second one who comes with other armor/weapons than the first one, the game CTD. I think the issue is due to an armor/weapon missing file (mesh or texture). Someone get an idea how process to know which files(s) are missing?

sorry, what the spell causing the Crash?

Ok, I'm finally set. After fixing my missing textures and meshes with the merged plugins, I've been going strong with no issues. I want to try and make a little more wiggle room with the plugin count now. I like every single mod you have, so I dont really want to remove anything. I did however, remove Scarcity and all of the follower stuff, I just dont like followers. I rebuilt all of the patches without that stuff and it works well and cleared out some ESPs. Is there anything else I can do to make more room with merges? I know you already included a ton of mergers, but are there other plugins that could be merged together as well?

if you have not done so you can merge all the remaining Consistency Patches (you will have to unflag them as esls but the will reduce overall plugin count by 17) 

Also if you add -PseudoESL to the arguments of xEdit it will show any mod that can be safely esled at starting with [FE] can be flagged as an esl.

Having issues with purple tree trunks on pine tree's, purple crystal like things on the ground in snowy regions and purple rain. I've checked that my SFO is installed correctly. I made sure I didn't accidently rename the treepineforestsnowl03.nif and treepineforestsnowl04.nif which seemed to be an issue for some people. I also double checked that I only installed the needed files for SFO. I went through and made sure the original mod files dealing with tree's and flora was still checked in the left pane, (i.e. Vanilla Enhanced Trees is still checked).

At this point I'm not sure what to do. Help would be greatly appreciated.

So question going threw the guide and reached the weapons and armors retexture portion and was wondering if it would be alright to go with 4k resolution armors when possible. Using a 1080ti so with 11 Gb of VRAM to play with I should be set with 4k armors. The main concern I have though is the museum, as it gets more and more items with all pieces of armor at 4k I wonder how that would bode.

New tests

I remember one of the 'crash fixes' mods for Oldrim -- one of the things it would do after a crash is spit out a list of the last few mesh files that the game tried to access and how many milliseconds before the crash it was used.  It helped me find quite a few corrupted meshes when I was building my mod list.  Does anyone know of such a mod for SSE?  Alternatively can anyone convince one of the Skyrim DLL Wizards to re-make such a plugin?

Regards,

dan.

Having issues with purple tree trunks on pine tree's, purple crystal like things on the ground in snowy regions and purple rain. I've checked that my SFO is installed correctly. I made sure I didn't accidently rename the treepineforestsnowl03.nif and treepineforestsnowl04.nif which seemed to be an issue for some people. I also double checked that I only installed the needed files for SFO. I went through and made sure the original mod files dealing with tree's and flora was still checked in the left pane, (i.e. Vanilla Enhanced Trees is still checked).

At this point I'm not sure what to do. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Figured out the fix for my situation. Will leave this here in case someone did what I did;

I downloaded and installed Skyrim Flora Overhaul SE v2.72a and the Trees Only Version v2.72a and that was the issue. Deactivating and unistalling the normal SFO and leaving trees only version fixed my issues. Cheers to Lexy and all the others for the awesome guide and help given to people!

I remember one of the 'crash fixes' mods for Oldrim -- one of the things it would do after a crash is spit out a list of the last few mesh files that the game tried to access and how many milliseconds before the crash it was used.  It helped me find quite a few corrupted meshes when I was building my mod list.  Does anyone know of such a mod for SSE?  Alternatively can anyone convince one of the Skyrim DLL Wizards to re-make such a plugin?

Regards,

dan.

That tool would be a great assest to SE, bad downloads do happen and can lead to meshes and texture getting corrupted. I would be very interested in such a tool too.