Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

If you don't use everything from the NPC Retexture Section you can't use my merged esp. Black face bugs occur for 2 reason:

First: The head parts are being overwritten in the esp (Right Pane).

Second: The facegen data is being overwritten (Left Pane) 

I also have/had black face bugs on some npcs. Some I tracked down to my error when setting up the Loot rules for NPC Retexture Merge SSE - it was loading before specialeditionfollowers.esp. 

Jenassa still has a black face though. Her record definition in NPC Retexture Merge.esp is being overwritten by Lexy's LoTD SE OMEGA - Conflict Resolution.esp, which has the specialeditionfollowers.esp perks, etc. but doesn't have the NPC retextures forwarded. There's a few others, like the DB initiates.

I double checked I downloaded the latest CR (1.02, Oct 4 per Nexus) and the file inside was dated 9/17. 

I also have/had black face bugs on some npcs. Some I tracked down to my error when setting up the Loot rules for NPC Retexture Merge SSE - it was loading before specialeditionfollowers.esp. 

Jenassa still has a black face though. Her record definition in NPC Retexture Merge.esp is being overwritten by Lexy's LoTD SE OMEGA - Conflict Resolution.esp, which has the specialeditionfollowers.esp perks, etc. but doesn't have the NPC retextures forwarded. There's a few others, like the DB initiates.

I double checked I downloaded the latest CR (1.02, Oct 4 per Nexus) and the file inside was dated 9/17. 

And my final dark face bug was tracked down to downloading but not installing NPC Retexture - Conflict Resolution.esp. The CR 'error' above just seemed to egregious for Lexy to have missed, or users to have missed for so long, so I kept looking. I hope my confessions above help someone else ;)

Edited by nickrud

Is there a way to bring back these two dialogues box and change choices afterwards ? I just put something when I loaded my savegame and the MCM menu configuration page was not completed by Lexy... Maybe I made choice that are not compatible with OMEGA as she said there and I just want to make sure...

- Disable "ClassicClasses.esp" (and "SmashPatch.esp")

- Launch Skyrim

- Load and Save you game

- Quit and reactive the 2 esp

- Reload your game et voila

• +1 1

Completely off topic aside: Madbomber, I cannot HELP but notice your avatar, and based on it, have only one question for you...

Report your rate and previous submarine commands, shipmate. STS1/SS (Ret), USS MICHIGAN (SSBN 727 Blue), USS MONTPELIER (SSN 765), USS ALASKA (SSBN 732 Gold), USS ALABAMA (SSBN 731 Gold), and USS TENNESSEE (SSBN 734 Gold).

LoL;

I'm a bit less seaworthy than you shipmate. MM1/SS (Ret)

Historic Ship USS Nautilus (SSN-571), 2007-2008

USS Providences, SSN-719, Sub Base Groton CT. September 2005 to August 2007. 

Moored Training Ship USS Sam Rayburn (SSBN-635), Goose Creek South Carolina, 2001-2005

I'm on the step to edit Extended UI with the CK to convert it to form 44.  I followed these steps from earlier in the guide:

1. Ensure the Overwrite folder is empty.
  2. Run the CK from the executable drop-down menu.
  3. Select the File menu and choose [Data...].
  4. Find the plugin* to be converted, and select [set as Active File]. *(A quick way to do this is to type the first letter of the ESP's name until it appears in the window.)
  5. Note the Parent Masters listed and ensure they are checked (double-click the plugin listing to check it).
  6. Click [OK] and allow the CK to load.
  7. Once complete, save the plug (icon on toolbar or File > Save).

In between 6 and 7 I get numerous error messages.  I can still save the file and the timestamp on the ESP file gets updated but trying to launch the game with Extended UI enabled crashes the game.

On top of that, now when I try to launch CK from inside MO2 it won't even launch anymore.  No idea what would be preventing that from happening.

Janessa does not have a black face for me and I set this guide up yesterday (used all the optional). If you use the NPC retexture merge, none of the NPC mods are optional. 

Black face is almost always a load order issue so either probably a incorrect LOOT rule, incorrect group setup, or a new rule needs to be made somewhere. For the record, I have NPC Retexture Merge SSE loading before specialeditionfollowers.esp, so if you had to move that down to fix certain NPCs black faces chances are the issue is something else.

Edited by tyrindor

I'm on the step to edit Extended UI with the CK to convert it to form 44.  I followed these steps from earlier in the guide:

1. Ensure the Overwrite folder is empty.
  2. Run the CK from the executable drop-down menu.
  3. Select the File menu and choose [Data...].
  4. Find the plugin* to be converted, and select [set as Active File]. *(A quick way to do this is to type the first letter of the ESP's name until it appears in the window.)
  5. Note the Parent Masters listed and ensure they are checked (double-click the plugin listing to check it).
  6. Click [OK] and allow the CK to load.
  7. Once complete, save the plug (icon on toolbar or File > Save).

In between 6 and 7 I get numerous error messages.  I can still save the file and the timestamp on the ESP file gets updated but trying to launch the game with Extended UI enabled crashes the game.

On top of that, now when I try to launch CK from inside MO2 it won't even launch anymore.  No idea what would be preventing that from happening.

all the errors the CK spews out can be ignored. Have you remembered to extract the BSA?

For the record, I have NPC Retexture Merge SSE loading before specialeditionfollowers.esp, so if you had to move that down to fix certain NPCs black faces chances are the issue is something else.

Just a small correction since it won't let me edit anymore. I was mistaken NPC Retexture Merge is loading after specialeditionfollowers.esp for me.

Edited by tyrindor

all the errors the CK spews out can be ignored. Have you remembered to extract the BSA?

I am supposed to extract the Extended UI.bsa file?  If so I guess I missed the part of the guide where it spells out when and how to do that.  All I did was launch the CK and located the Extend UI.esp file.

yes that is why there is a sexy colourful tag

LOL after I asked that question I saw the sexy colorful tag and figured out what I was supposed to do.  Now I need to go back to all the mods I've installed with that tag, delete them, and reinstall with the BSA extractor turned on.   Thanks

• +1 1

LOL after I asked that question I saw the sexy colorful tag and figured out what I was supposed to do.  Now I need to go back to all the mods I've installed with that tag, delete them, and reinstall with the BSA extractor turned on.   Thanks

it easily missed don't forget PheonixSunstar001 is doing a video series of this guide:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCweDeggYz3kt1fvk7NCLQcw

• +1 2

There is a minor bug with duplicate map markers on the map. Pale Pass and the dawnguard entrance that is moved.

Fix: 

Open Map Markers Complete.esp in SSEEdit. Delete references xx009558, xx009559, xx00B076, and xx00B077.

------

Finally, after what seems like 40 hours, my game is ready to play. After such a long and detailed guide it's hard to think there wasn't a single time I missed something though... haha! Thanks again for putting this all together. Too bad even on a 1080Ti I can't run an ENB at 4K, the performance version is 30-40 FPS in forests. 60FPS everywhere without it. 4 times the pixels over 1080p is no joke when it comes to ENBs!

Edited by tyrindor
  • +1 1