Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

There is an update to YOT - Andromeda that I missed so use that. The STATS tag can actually be found on the latest version of Wrye Bash which you can get off there Discord Server. If a Tag not there don't overstress about it.

Sadly, the merge error still happens with the updated esp too. What is the Wyre Bash discord server? Can't find it anywhere.

Is this a bug? I lose stamina while running and having a bow drawn, but ONLY while in combat. I thought this was normal behavior for this setup.

Ah, ok - is this something new to the guide then? Before the big OMEGA update, I seem to remember that I lost stamina while running whether I was in or out of combat.

Ah, ok - is this something new to the guide then? Before the big OMEGA update, I seem to remember that I lost stamina while running whether I was in or out of combat.

OMEGA adds that and honestly, it's pretty great IMO. Stamina management outside of combat was never fun for me.

Edited by tyrindor

OMEGA adds that and honestly, it's pretty great IMO. Stamina management outside of combat was never fun for me.

Nice! I like the sound of that. At least things aren't as broken as I thought they were - I can live with this weird waterskin issue. Thanks for the clarification.

I love this load order. Makes it so you can't just run through an autopilot. For example, I started with my usual leave Helgen, kill the bandits, get the treasure map, grab my standing stone, empty out Embershard. Except when I got to Embershard, I got promptly killed by the vampire guarding the entrance. Little things like that. Thanks, Lexy, for all the hard work!

I shot myself in the foot and accidentally let Steam update the game. I went ahead and installed SKSE 2.0.9 and started the guide. For the mods that required SKSE I downloaded any that had updates. I know eventually I am going to have problems with a SKSE mod that hasn’t been updated yet. I’ve encountered a problem that I’m not sure if the new SKSE version is what is causing the problems. When I run SKSE executable in MO2, the MO2 pop up window says it’s running steamwebhelper.exe, not SkyrimSE.exe. Nothing happens, the game doesn’t try to launch and then crash, or anything. Any ideas what is going on?

Just started playing on the new updated guide and coming across a bit of an oddity.

When I use the cooking station in the Dragonborn Museum safehouse, as soon as I exit the menu it tells me Waterskin 1/3 (4) has been added to my inventory. I can do this multiple times, getting 4 waterskins every time. Not sure if it does it on any other cooking stations, will report back.

Known bug with CACO/iNeed interactions - there is a fix involving changing one of the scripts, but I don't have that handy at the moment. I think the fix is shown in the BUGS area of the main CACO page on the Nexus... but not quoting me there. Kryptopter is aware of the bug and the fix both - I imagine she'll get it implemented at some point in the immediate future.

Alright thanks, and what about oldrim meshes that aren't labelled as NIF Opt?

Realistic HD Baskets/Food/Mushrooms

Ultimate HD Fire Effects

Alternate Summoning Visuals

aMidianBorn Blade of Woe

Ebony Weapons 2017 Retexture

Enhanced Landscapes - Oak Standalone

Enhance Vanilla Trees + Billboards

Beyond Skyrim Bruma Billboards

I don't think im suppose to run tree meshes through but the others I thought would be needed.

Same logic applies - if it aint mentioned, don't worry about it. I don't think it will hurt to run them through the optimizer, but if there's no need to, why bother? :)

Edited by Shadriss

So about a quarter the way through!
- Has anyone written a brief on a good circle to run the main, DLC and all additional content this guide has in it in a way that meshes well with the story?  My past play through I've just followed the main story and DLC in order; but this has so much more in it.

Sadly, the merge error still happens with the updated esp too. What is the Wyre Bash discord server? Can't find it anywhere.

I had the same issue (andromeda 1.07 and YOT with andromeda hotfix) and I just fixed instead of ignore the YOT andromeda esp in the merge for now (then you can merge) and it worked... I'm sure it will get fixed by mod author at some point...

So about a quarter the way through!

- Has anyone written a brief on a good circle to run the main, DLC and all additional content this guide has in it in a way that meshes well with the story?  My past play through I've just followed the main story and DLC in order; but this has so much more in it.

Treat the museum as your main focus everything else will flow from that. I recommend the arrive in Solitude Dock start you get a letter and yes you have come to visit the museum that will way get you to access the safehouse from the start.

I shot myself in the foot and accidentally let Steam update the game. I went ahead and installed SKSE 2.0.9 and started the guide. For the mods that required SKSE I downloaded any that had updates. I know eventually I am going to have problems with a SKSE mod that hasn’t been updated yet. I’ve encountered a problem that I’m not sure if the new SKSE version is what is causing the problems. When I run SKSE executable in MO2, the MO2 pop up window says it’s running steamwebhelper.exe, not SkyrimSE.exe. Nothing happens, the game doesn’t try to launch and then crash, or anything. Any ideas what is going on?

mmm you need to point MO2 back to SKSE.

• +1 1

Known bug with CACO/iNeed interactions - there is a fix involving changing one of the scripts, but I don't have that handy at the moment. I think the fix is shown in the BUGS area of the main CACO page on the Nexus... but not quoting me there. Kryptopter is aware of the bug and the fix both - I imagine she'll get it implemented at some point in the immediate future.

Thanks for the help. As you note, there is indeed a fix involving changing a script on the CACO Nexus Bug page. I had a go at making the amendment but struggled to compile the script - that's a bit beyond my Skyrim Kung-Fu at the moment! I'll wait until Kryptopyr gets around to fixing it.

Thanks for the help. As you note, there is indeed a fix involving changing a script on the CACO Nexus Bug page. I had a go at making the amendment but struggled to compile the script - that's a bit beyond my Skyrim Kung-Fu at the moment! I'll wait until Kryptopyr gets around to fixing it.

I'm testing a patch that Lexy's group put together on the Discord - we may have a solution sooner than Krypt does. If it works out, I'm sure Lexy will make it available to everyone.

@MadBomber - ignoring my question, shipmate? :) You can't just throw around an avatar with Pride Runs Deep and a pair of SSNs on it without garning a BIT of attention.

Edited by Shadriss

Alright i've done everything to the book with no alterations, finally got the game launched and started testing. Nearly there. A few questions and concerns.

YOT - Andromeda.esp still giving me errors when trying to merge, updated version or not. I just told it to ignore them but I'd like to be sure....

- When I run Wyre Bash, I don't see any mods that state [NoMerge], so I just click OK. Is that normal? After running Wyre Bash MO2 unchecks 20-30 mods. Do I leave these unchecked forever?

- If I view Lexy's load order it is very different than my own even though I have all the LOOT rules in place. Should I go through and match her load order exactly?

- TMB Vanilla is causing nipples to show on certain NPCs while clothed. For example, Jenassa and Toccata follower in Whiterun both have nipples showing. It's kinda immersion breaking... Is this normal?

- Anyone have link to Wyre Bash discord server so I can get the version that allows the "stats" bash tag or am I safe to skip that for the CACO merge?

- Is there a setting somewhere that will brighten interiors a bit?

- When I update a mod or change something for personal taste, should I do the entire bash/smash/zpatch/relinker/xlodgen/texgen/dyndolod process all over again?

Thanks!

Edited by tyrindor

Alright i've done everything to the book with no alterations, finally got the game launched and started testing. Nearly there. A few questions and concerns.

- When I run Wyre Bash, I don't see any mods that state [NoMerge], so I just click OK. Is that normal? After running Wyre Bash MO2 unchecks 20-30 mods. Do I leave these unchecked forever?

- If I view Lexy's load order it is very different than my own even though I have all the LOOT rules in place. Should I go through and match her load order exactly?

- Is there a setting somewhere that will brighten interiors a bit?

Thanks!

- Wyre Bash: I also didn't have any with the [NoMerge] tag so yes you are good there.  And yes you leave them unchecked because they are now part of your bashed patch.

-Lexy's load order: The last time I looked that load order was several months old.  I would not rely on it for comparison.  You can see the date on that page.

- Interiors: Quick light (hold down "e" while not trying to interact with anything) can help out a bit.  I went as far as to set it to "Wide" in the MCM because I can barely see anything. 

It always bothers me that people in places of work and Inns don't have more light sources.  I don't think some of these "lighting" mods take into account reflected light.  Regardless, people would have more light sources if it was that dark in places that they were trying to work or eat.  I know most fans of the Dark and or lighting mods in general are against any source of ambient lighting which is the only way to approximate reflected light in game that I know of.  Well at least until all of us are running RTX cards and ray tracing is available in games.

Speaking of Quick Light, Does anyone know if there is a way to remap the default key to something else?  I hate dismounting everytime I want a little extra light while riding at night.

Edited by Oremonger

I just checked and the load order on ModWatch was updated on the 2nd of October.  Yours should look like hers as far as I know.  Have you added mods that are not in the guide? Did you forgot to disable mods that you have merged?

Looks like she does use empty Mods to help categorize her load order. Those are marked with ++++Name++++ if you are looking at the Modlist and have inactive checked. It also looks like she has a few that are not included in the guide that are inactive if you are looking at the Modlist and have inactive checked.