Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I've noticed that Ultimate Skyrim devs have partnered up with Automaton for automated installation when the next version gets released. Its presentation sounds awesome, so will it be used in the future for this modpack as well in the future? It would be amazing.

Here is Belmon't presentation of the collaboration, and he says it would be possible to use for other modpacks as well:

I've noticed that Ultimate Skyrim devs have partnered up with Automaton for automated installation when the next version gets released. Its presentation sounds awesome, so will it be used in the future for this modpack as well in the future? It would be amazing.

Here is Belmon't presentation of the collaboration, and he says it would be possible to use for other modpacks as well:

Depends greatly on what mods are available for automation - and as Nexus (AFAIK) has never and will never allow for automated downloading through third party programs... I'm not sure how viable this really is. There are some sites that have sorta-kinda work arounds (STEP has been looking at ModPicker, i think it is, for example) for a while, and I think is intending to use either it or something similar. Possible for Lexy's Guide... but given how much work it is to set up, not sure if it's gonna be a thing here.

The guide has been updated

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (Thank you!)

Depends greatly on what mods are available for automation - and as Nexus (AFAIK) has never and will never allow for automated downloading through third party programs... I'm not sure how viable this really is. There are some sites that have sorta-kinda work arounds (STEP has been looking at ModPicker, i think it is, for example) for a while, and I think is intending to use either it or something similar. Possible for Lexy's Guide... but given how much work it is to set up, not sure if it's gonna be a thing here.

Actually, the Automaton creator cleared out that problem:"To protect the mod authors users will have to download mods in a classical manner, but there will be several features that will make this as easy and quick as possible." and 

"Automaton does not have the ability to host, share or steal anyone else's content. Modpacks are instruction sets, not collections of mod files. There's little to no reason to worry about any legal issues."

Edited by dreamer1986

No issues - I wasn't exactly clear the first time around.

See, I kind of suspected that ELE wasn't what was making things dark - and that's what I said at the time. I was (somewhat forcefully) told otherwise, that ELFX wasn't the culprit and that ELE was. And yet, if ELE Lite is what both setups used, as well as RS, then that has to leave ELFX as the major darkening agent... unless maybe Claralux is doing it somehow, which I'm not sure it is... not if I understand what it does, which I may not.

I feel like I'm going back to an old argument, but simply messing with ENB settings doesn't cut it for how dark these spaces are - to make them playable, the gamma and brightness have to go up so high that the whole screen is essentially gray-screened... certainly not a desired position. I get that some people want it that dark - that's fine, it's to their taste. Heck, some want it even darker (how do you make black blacker?). I simply wonder how the reverse could be done - move back toward the vanilla settings without quite getting to that point - somewhat darker and more atmospheric without having undue influence on the gameplay. If both the NPCs and myself were operating under the same constraints (I can't see them because it's dark, and the reverse as well), then it could be workable. As it is now, I rarely see anything until it's already attacked me and I've turned on Quick Light. Not fun, not easily survivable, and very frustrating.

*sigh* So since this is still ELE Lite, I have to look at ELFX removal as a possibility again, or possibly messing with / removing Claralux (which I don't want to really... the bug effects around the lanterns are pretty sweet.)

I agree! It is really too dark in some dungeons (like Arkngthamz that I was in yesterday) as you can't tell the dimension of some of them... You somehow have to map some dungeons going to edge of pits to have an idea of how big it is... and then you're not sure that you covered everything in it... it would be nice to have just enough light to at least see the dungeon dimension... That's my 2 cents on it. So how can we change that ?

it would be nice to have just enough light to at least see the dungeon dimension

Personally and just my two cents, i have never understood why, if a light source is needed in dark caves....in order to maintain atmosphere, ambiences, realism etc, why not have a mod like Henry's ring of light, that comes with various light radius, brightness, colors, that you can chose for your preference. When equipped in a cave, gives you JUST the right amount of light to see a little better, without removing the game effects.This way the guide standard remains for all, who in turn can customize their game accordingly i.e if people wish to change out a light mod for another or adjust settings of a light mod they can do so, whilst others can have a little extra light if needed(with another mod). For combat lovers, being ambushed in a darken caves my seem like fun or those that love realism, falling down a crevice that was not seen in the dark, may be realistic for them. For me that loves to explore, that little extra light may be the difference of finding a relic or not. And yes, a ring is preferred to a torch as it frees the hands for my bow. PS The above mentioned mod my need to be ported or there may be newer and better mods........the point remains though..without going to great lengths to adapt the various lighting mods, there is enough slots left in the guide to have a simple extra light source(mod) in game. Hey ho just my thoughts!

I’ll say that I’m not 100% here, but as far as I understand it, ELE lite is just a cut-down version of ELE (ie only certain modules/features) All the tweaks to lighting should remain the same.

I also used STEP for quite a while and really can’t remember it being brighter in any way than the full SE version.

The big question is; were you using an ENB then Shadriss? Moreso, which ENB?

If you turn ENB off in-game, you will notice that all of that pitch darkness goes away, and you are left with a slightly darker than vanilla lighting. A very light ENB preset might look more like that than the darkness you’re talking about.

The guide has been updated

Just a quick (possibly dumb) question involving the update schedule; Should I wait to reinstall stuff, or are there more updates that are incoming quickly? Also there was some talk about replacing ELFX and ELE with something else, was that still in the works or not?

did you happen to do your own Merge and Conflict Resolution or are you using the one I provide? normally that bugs means you are missing the facegen meshes if it helps Camilla should be coming from Bijin Wives

Hey there, as per requested I've included the screenshot via imgur showing the facemorphs not being present in the zPatch.  Since it's the last patch, it overrides what is prior to it. Sorry for the delay:eB3ijH3https://imgur.com/eB3ijH3

To the question regarding Merge and Conflict Resolution I used your conflict resolution and then created the conflict resolution merge patch as per the directions, here's a link to load order and MO2 let me know if anything stands out: https://imgur.com/5U5G2Oz

Thanks!

LOOT suggests to clean these esps:

convenient horses.esp

imp_helm_legend.esp

MajesticMountains_Moss.esp

MoonAndStar_MAS.esp

is it safe to clean them ?  I read that it is unsafe to clean the horses esp. So I am unsure !

As a general statement, unless you are told to clean them, don't - some mods do this deliberately.

Personally and just my two cents, i have never understood why, if a light source is needed in dark caves....in order to maintain atmosphere, ambiences, realism etc, why not have a mod like Henry's ring of light, that comes with various light radius, brightness, colors, that you can chose for your preference. When equipped in a cave, gives you JUST the right amount of light to see a little better, without removing the game effects.This way the guide standard remains for all, who in turn can customize their game accordingly i.e if people wish to change out a light mod for another or adjust settings of a light mod they can do so, whilst others can have a little extra light if needed(with another mod). For combat lovers, being ambushed in a darken caves my seem like fun or those that love realism, falling down a crevice that was not seen in the dark, may be realistic for them. For me that loves to explore, that little extra light may be the difference of finding a relic or not. And yes, a ring is preferred to a torch as it frees the hands for my bow. PS The above mentioned mod my need to be ported or there may be newer and better mods........the point remains though..without going to great lengths to adapt the various lighting mods, there is enough slots left in the guide to have a simple extra light source(mod) in game. Hey ho just my thoughts!

The problem with adding a mod like you suggest early in your post is that A) We already have one that does this (Quick Light), and B) That light is visible to other entities in the area... in essence, I have to give up all aspects of stealth if I want to see. If Nighteye worked with ENBs well (it's better, but still not working well) then there might be an argument to be made there, but as things stand, the entire concept of my usual build (stealth archer) is obviated by the inability to see. I like realism in my games, but not at the expense of gameplay - if the NPCs were restricted the same way I am, that's fine. In this case, they aren't, and this darkness is debilitiating ourselves for the sake of realism.

I’ll say that I’m not 100% here, but as far as I understand it, ELE lite is just a cut-down version of ELE (ie only certain modules/features) All the tweaks to lighting should remain the same.

I also used STEP for quite a while and really can’t remember it being brighter in any way than the full SE version.

The big question is; were you using an ENB then Shadriss? Moreso, which ENB?

If you turn ENB off in-game, you will notice that all of that pitch darkness goes away, and you are left with a slightly darker than vanilla lighting. A very light ENB preset might look more like that than the darkness you’re talking about.

I was using Vividian at the time, so yes. The only times I ever saw interiors this dark was when messing with ELFX, and as much as I liked some of it's effects, I always ended up removing them for the same reasons I just mentioned. At least in my STEP setup, even with all the additional mods I added in to the main lineup, it was all somewhat brighter. I'm happy that someone mentioned Arkenthang(?), as that is one of MANY areas that have that issue.

Again, I like atmosphere and effects - but not at the expense of being almost unable to play as I wish to. Monitor and lighting set-ups vary from person to person, and I get that... and as last time this came up, if it means I deviate from the guide to find a custom solution to this, I will... it'll be my first time removing masters from the CRs, so hopefully I don't mess that up too much, but that's on me, not Lexy or anyone else. I just want to make sure, before I start messing with things, that I am messing with the right things.