Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

"Timing is Everything" Is a mod by kryptopyr, for Oldrim.  It was basically some scrpts and an MCM menu that let you control when things like the DLC quests and major quests level-triggered.  It was great for keeping things from happening all at once in a new game.  I've seen SSE mods that do bits of what this mod did, but not the full thing.

Well, turns out the Oldrim mod works in SSE now that the MCM is fully functional.  The esp probably needs saving in the CK to complete the conversion properly, but even without it, it's been working fine with me on my last run through.   I'd recommend taking a gander at it.  

Edited by Barachiel

"Timing is Everything" Is a mod by kryptopyr, for Oldrim.  It was basically some scrpts and an MCM menu that let you control when things like the DLC quests and major quests level-triggered.  It was great for keeping things from happening all at once in a new game.  I've seen SSE mods that do bits of what this mod did, but not the full thing.

Well, turns out the Oldrim mod works in SSE now that the MCM is fully functional.  The esp probably needs saving in the CK to complete the conversion properly, but even without it, it's been working fine with me on my last run through.   I'd recommend taking a gander at it.  

I am trying to keep "Self-ports" to a minimum on this guide cos of LOTD, so I actually haven't looked at Timing is everything but if it works out of the box and the converting of esp is straight forward I'll take a look at it.

I am trying to keep "Self-ports" to a minimum on this guide cos of LOTD, so I actually haven't looked at Timing is everything but if it works out of the box and the converting of esp is straight forward I'll take a look at it.

I been a long-time user of this mod, and would also like to see it added to this Guide.  I'll self-port it and be testing it.

Edited by Decopauge123

I'm currently installing [A Quality World Map] and converting it's .esp from form #43 to form #44, and I wanted to learn more about these forms.  During my search for more information, I found this Redditt topic (Mod Organizer 2 video on Creation Kit & and cleaning of "FORM 43 mods") which pointed me to this YouTube Video (TUCOGUIDE Addon 3 (REUPLOAD) - Creation Kit & and cleaning FORM 43 mods - with ESMify instructions) and this Nexus Special Edition mod (Check old form version).  The mod is a script to be placed in SSEEDit's 'Edit Scripts' sub-directory and used to check your load order for form #43 mods.

I been a long-time user of this mod, and would also like to see it added to this Guide.  I'll self-port it and be testing it.

DarkladyLexy, I installed 'Timing is Everything' and when I ran the SSEEdit (Check old form version) script against my entire Guide Build (and not just against the TiE mod), the Bashed Patch was tagged as using Form 43.

I did some searching and found this discussion on the Wrye Bash GitHub page: Add Form Version to class ModReader: #342

@DarkladyLexy I'm yearning to play Skyrim again and try this guide out. With my new system I believe it will play well. It'll be a month or two before I can chill out to a game, but I look forward to following your guide. You and your husband put together an amazing pack with SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn. 

I did some searching and found this discussion on the Wrye Bash GitHub page: Add Form Version to class ModReader: #342

I read the discussion and would agree that many of the ports that are currently available on the nexus seem to have either form version 43 or records with older version. Wrye Bash would pop alerts for mods that were showing as form version 44, regarding specific records that were using an old version. So I'd be extra careful about using those ports. Many, I've noticed, are ports from late 2016 and early 2017 and I'd imagine some might have been rushed to be made ready for the new edition. The later ports are usually ok. On those grounds, the only way to be sure of having the mod properly ported is to process it yourself when you see warnings about older versions - resave the esp in the ck, optimizing meshes, using the havok conversion tool on animations, whichever is necessary. Unoptimized meshes don't trigger any alarms and I'm not sure if the HKX test option in FNIS (which I now always use) is working, since it never gave me a positive, so best be sure and process them. I imagine neither the nif optimizer nor the havok converter will break anything if run on already optimized/converted files?

Could you guys try to intercalate the merges in the main guide, instead of having them in a separate page?

The reason I'm asking is two-fold. For one, most merges deal with mods placed more or less closely in the installer order (left pane MO), therefore one can get to the merge sooner than the end of the guide and save those spare slots to keep building and testing. Two, while the guide is WIP we can all stay in tune regarding merges that are stable (and even help testing those that aren't yet). I've been using the classic skyrim guide to sort out the merges, and on all of my recent installs of the classic guide itself, I always kept the merges page open. Having one less tab in the browser, believe it or not, would be a relief :P

Also about merges, do you merge all of the Claralux patches together? Any ideas for bash tags and loot rules? And RS Children: most of the patches save one, I believe it's MaS, get merged into the bashed patch. Any reason to prefer merging them with MP Standalone?

DarkladyLexy, I installed 'Timing is Everything' and when I ran the SSEEdit (Check old form version) script against my entire Guide Build (and not just against the TiE mod), the Bashed Patch was tagged as using Form 43.

attachicon.gifBashedPatchUsingForm43smaller.jpg

I read the discussion and would agree that many of the ports that are currently available on the nexus seem to have either form version 43 or records with older version. Wrye Bash would pop alerts for mods that were showing as form version 44, regarding specific records that were using an old version. So I'd be extra careful about using those ports. Many, I've noticed, are ports from late 2016 and early 2017 and I'd imagine some might have been rushed to be made ready for the new edition. The later ports are usually ok. On those grounds, the only way to be sure of having the mod properly ported is to process it yourself when you see warnings about older versions - resave the esp in the ck, optimizing meshes, using the havok conversion tool on animations, whichever is necessary. Unoptimized meshes don't trigger any alarms and I'm not sure if the HKX test option in FNIS (which I now always use) is working, since it never gave me a positive, so best be sure and process them. I imagine neither the nif optimizer nor the havok converter will break anything if run on already optimized/converted files?

My question was "Do I convert the Bashed Patch to Form 44?"  Shouldn't Wrye Bash be creating it as a Form 44, and not a Form 43, .esp?

My question was "Do I convert the Bashed Patch to Form 44?"  Shouldn't Wrye Bash be creating it as a Form 44, and not a Form 43, .esp?

I didn't have that problem but I'm using the latest dev wrye bash from Utumno's branch. Checked the guide and the version of WB mentioned in the pre-requisites is 3.07beta1 (from Dec.2016), yet there's already a beta2 on the same nexus page from late Dec.2017. Are you using any of the latest versions? I'd say the latest beta2 from nexus is preferable as WB has been hugely developed over the last year. But even better to stay on top of the latest developments would be to link this page instead. The links at the end of the second post of the thread are always up to date with the latest versions. The thread itself contains a lot of what's going on of late with wrye bash for all games.

I was going to make a small edit to the wiki so that it mentioned beta2 from nexus but I noticed the text specifically referred the old files beta1, why? Anyway, pointing to afkmods instead would be my first choice.

Edited by godescalcus

Version 3.07beta1 is likely the cause of the bashed patch being in form version 43. I've heard about conflicts with MO2 but I've actually used the latest bleeding edge python code with MO2 and it worked flawlessly.

Again, pointing to afkmods instead would be my first choice. The link for the standalone is at the bottom of the second post of that thread and it's frequently updated. Current version is 307.201801021732 (updated less than two weeks ago).

Edited by godescalcus

I was going to make a small edit to the wiki so that it mentioned beta2 from nexus but I noticed the text specifically referred the old files beta1, why?

This is because during my first "Pre-Aplha test build I had issues with Wrye bash Beta 2. I didn't know about that version so not tried it out yet since i am nowhere near the Bash Patch section sorting out Wrye Bash oddities is the last thing on my mind so you guys go off test it a let me know.

This is because during my first "Pre-Aplha test build I had issues with Wrye bash Beta 2. I didn't know about that version so not tried it out yet since i am nowhere near the Bash Patch section sorting out Wrye Bash oddities is the last thing on my mind so you guys go off test it a let me know.

Well, no issues whatsoever for me with the latest build 307.201801021732. Beta 2 should be ok too - but I can't test if it works fine with MO because I'm using Wrye Bash alone. I strongly encourage someone who's using MO and wants to get involved to test run the version linked at afkmods, since it's usually a lot of commits ahead of the one on the nexus. Utumno only releases extensively tried and tested versions to nexus but in the mean time a lot of bug corrections and other adjustments are always features of the latest build.

on my side, i have a one hour play test with a character with section Skin and body included without ctd. I walk a lot around whiterun, riverwood, and all around these places.

Actually still under form 43 as i need to understand why for the 2-3 mods that needs CK, i have so many errors when loading the forms. But this is not a problem for a test play

i'm a player since so many years and i must admit that i have been surprised by the quality of the choosen mods in your guide when mixed all together.

i think there are in a section one or two immersive mods missing (especially one with Fallen tree over rivers, sorry i don't have the name in memory) that add a little bit of chaos in the environment. but really a nice choice done.

in the flora section, later, i'll perhaps do some change as i want to preserve performance

i would also prefere for myself old version of vivid weather, the new one is too bright when compared. or obsidian

i'll also try a small modification for the fun with no ENB, just relighting and a part of elfx (again performance test). On  that section, it could be a good idea to propose two ways, one with ENB another without.

But these points are personal taste related of course.

will add the animation section now and temporary compile FNIS to test with it

Thanks

Edited by Mandalay

on my side, i have a one hour play test with a character with section Skin and body included without ctd. I walk a lot around whiterun, riverwood, and all around these places.

Actually still under form 43 as i need to understand why for the 2-3 mods that needs CK, i have so many errors when loading the forms. But this is not a problem for a test play

i'm a player since so many years and i must admit that i have been surprised by the quality of the choosen mods in your guide when mixed all together.

i think there are in a section one or two immersive mods missing (especially one with Fallen tree over rivers, sorry i don't have the name in memory) that add a little bit of chaos in the environment. but really a nice choice done.

in the flora section, later, i'll perhaps do some change as i want to preserve performance

i would also prefere for myself old version of vivid weather, the new one is too bright when compared. or obsidian

i'll also try a small modification for the fun with no ENB, just relighting and a part of elfx (again performance test). On  that section, it could be a good idea to propose two ways, one with ENB another without.

But these points are personal taste related of course.

will add the animation section now and temporary compile FNIS to test with it

Thanks

I agree with the ENB and no ENB option, although implementing it would require some attention to several sections of the guide - Bethini and ini setup, GPU tweaks and several mods, of which SMIM and RW2 are two that come to mind. Just for fun, as you say, I'd challenge Nvidia users to fiddle with the new Nvidia Freestyle, an experimental post-processing overlay that can add from about a dozen shaders with sliders for easy adjustment of settings. I don't mean it's as complete as Reshade but it can do tricks and maybe with a lower framerate footprint. It's also completely independent from the game, can be used or not, toggled on and of at any time, no game executable hacks and no files to copy anywhere.

For my part I'll stick with ENB for the water ripple effects only. When I tried playing without it the drag ripples were a basic v-shape following my character that didn't even bend when I changed direction, instead they'd "magically" follow me allways as a straight V, completely irrealistic, unimmersive... Ugly :P