Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Ok, so I have Skyrim Re-Engaged installed now, manually. I just open up ENB Manager and put that name in the first slot. Then I click remove, and manually install another one, then put that name in the second slot? So what is the config button for? That's what was messing me up, I thought I was supposed to be selecting... something...

BTW, so I'm assuming this is NOT an ENB problem? LOL (That was about halfway between Riverwood and Helgen yesterday.)

https://www.ocdcoder.org/skyrim/carrots.jpg

Definitely not caused by Skyrim Re-Engaged, looks like something planter related but I haven't run into that issue before.

I use Skyrim Re-Engaged (the ENB only version, no reshade), I don't bother with the ENB manager since the install is so easy with the nicely set up folders.

BTW I'm really enjoying the look without TAA or DoF, I let my Nvidia handle the AA itself. I wasn't thrilled with the default lens flare either, it made the "fire pots" (braziers? not sure the spelling, I don't mean to refer to support garments after your previous post) look strange.

Edited by redirishlord

The way I use ENB Manager is to install manually to each slot folder, not to the main game. I copy all binaries and config files to the slot folder as if I were installing to the main game folder, then label the slot in ENB Manager, then click "load" to activate. The buttons are actually confusing. If you click "save" it will open the slot's folder. If you click "load" it will replace whatever you have in your game folder with that slot, if you click remove it will clean the game folder of any ENB/reshade files. It's a really basic tool.

Wow, never saw that one. Are you using a Frozen mod? I think I can see reindeer dribble ;)

Thank you for explaining that. The buttons are confusing, I really keeping wanting to save... SOMETHING. Your way seems to work really well, though. I do keep getting errors about access to files like "configs\Slot Names\slot4nameRECALL.txt" being denied when I'm typing the names (even running in admin mode) but it doesn't seem to be hurting anything. I just keep hitting Continue until I finally get the entire name typed...

Definitely not caused by Skyrim Re-Engaged, looks like something planter related but I haven't run into that issue before.

I use Skyrim Re-Engaged (the ENB only version, no reshade), I don't bother with the ENB manager since the install is so easy with the nicely set up folders.

BTW I'm really enjoying the look without TAA or DoF, I let my Nvidia handle the AA itself. I wasn't thrilled with the default lens flare either, it made the "fire pots" (braziers? not sure the spelling, I don't mean to refer to support garments after your previous post) look strange.

I'd been just using (and enjoying) Re-Engaged, although it was annoying me until I installed Darker Nights and merged it with the ENB stuff. I was tired of it looking like dusk at midnight. I'm just curious and having a tool that makes it as easy as a button click sounds great! Some of these want to install other things in the Skyrim SE directory and I'm trying to keep this as clean as possible. Bad enough I can't seem to quit getting duplicate screenshots, one from Skyrim itself (I assume, or maybe Steam) and one from the enb.

Anyway, no, no Frozen mod, no carrots in my inventory, nowhere near anything Hearthfire related, nowhere near anything really, I think the standing stones were the closest things... They were just... there. I'm going to ask the next bunny I see if its name is "Bugs." LOL

Just to add, so I now have this really easy way to change ENBs, tried a few, like the original Re-Engaged one the best. At least at night, admittedly I only gave them a quick glance and it's night time, but it's the only one that seemed to do anything. (I'll give them a second go when the sun is up.)

And I totally missed the braziers comment the first time. LOL

Just to add, so I now have this really easy way to change ENBs, tried a few, like the original Re-Engaged one the best. At least at night, admittedly I only gave them a quick glance and it's night time, but it's the only one that seemed to do anything. (I'll give them a second go when the sun is up.)

And I totally missed the braziers comment the first time. LOL

Real easy to change brightness for interior & exterior in the in-game ENB menu too, which is nice. Took me a bit of looking around to solve the blue snow thing (rim lighting & sparkles okay, no improved shader, at least BethIni makes tweaking that easy) but I'm loving the look now.

Real easy to change brightness for interior & exterior in the in-game ENB menu too, which is nice. Took me a bit of looking around to solve the blue snow thing (rim lighting & sparkles okay, no improved shader, at least BethIni makes tweaking that easy) but I'm loving the look now.

I'm starting to love the look. It's weird, though, maybe I'm doing something wrong, I know the Re-Engaged ENB was the one chosen for this build, but trying the others, Real Lighting, PhoenixVivid, Ultimate Natural, none of them seemed to make ANY difference. I mentioned that I only gave them a quick glance, but I'm wondering now if there was something else preventing them from working correctly.

What I'm trying to figure out this time, I can hit shift-enter and change settings in the Shader parameters section that seem to change things, but once I apply changes, save the configuration, and close it, when I reopen it, that shader parameters section is empty and it's just showing me settings from the two enb .ini files. (Which I've found I can edit outside of the game and they still take effect (I just have to make sure to copy them back to the ENB Manager slot), without looking around the room and accidentally drawing my weapon and such because the keyboard keys don't seem to work for navigation...)

I've also found I can change things by editing stuff in the Vivid Weathers MCM. And I realized yesterday that there are a TON of things you get special powers to edit, and that entire CLARALUX house in Riverwood that I haven't visited yet. I was overwhelmed enough going through the settings in the MCM part of this guide, it sounds like there's still a whole lot I haven't even begin to set up that I'm either going to have to figure out or wait for a section on that in the guide (she says hopefully... :wacko:).

Oh, speaking of, anyone who, like me, was waiting anxiously for Campfire and Frostfall, they, and Wearable Lanterns, DO work, kind of. They have MCM menus full of garbage, but you can configure them via powers. I should add the disclaimer that I haven't built a campfire yet, but I did appropriately almost freeze to death a couple times last night. LOL

Oh, random, since we were discussing braziers, ahem, the latest in Draugr women's wear (not really SFW but it came from this build, so....):

https://www.ocdcoder.org/skyrim/draugr-fashion_front.jpg

https://www.ocdcoder.org/skyrim/draugr-fashion_back.jpg

Not sure what it looks like on the guys, but I'm with Faendal right now and don't really want to know. LOL

Oh wait, I can make that on-topic. :-p The first thing I usually do out of habit in Photoshop is auto-balance the light and colors (well, depending on what I'm doing), and doing that made me remember the complaint I had about how orange everything was indoors, ESPECIALLY before I had the ENB working. I undid the changes on those images and just uploaded them as they were, but here's what the auto-correct gave me:

https://www.ocdcoder.org/skyrim/draugr-fashion_front-corrected.jpg

I should add that when I do that to daytime outdoor shots, it doesn't change anything. But you can see the dramatic indoor changes, and Faendal's fire just isn't that big. I'm trying to figure out what setting causes that, somewhere in between would be nice. Vivid weathers has a saturation setting, but that affects everything. And IDK if it's related, but the reds and oranges on some of the load screens are WAY oversaturated as well.

Oh, crap, I just realized! Someone needs to warn Gopher, those most definitely aren't pants!

I think you'd better stop going on those drinking binges with Sam Guevenne!  LoL

LOL, I never could have strung them up that neatly. But I definitely made sure to have screencap proof that I wasn't hallucinating! (I sold all that Skooma I found to the caravan, I swear!) I'm just glad to have Jaxonz Positioner back in my life. Playing SLE on the PS3 recently made me realize how IMPOSSIBLE decorating is. Even with SLE, I accidentally knocked over a cauldron in Arcadia's and had to use that to get it upright again, and then safely locked into place. (I've gone into places a couple of times in the past and locked everything in the entire room in place, stupid Skyrim physics.)

I'm starting to love the look. It's weird, though, maybe I'm doing something wrong, I know the Re-Engaged ENB was the one chosen for this build, but trying the others, Real Lighting, PhoenixVivid, Ultimate Natural, none of them seemed to make ANY difference. I mentioned that I only gave them a quick glance, but I'm wondering now if there was something else preventing them from working correctly.

...What I'm trying to figure out this time, I can hit shift-enter and change settings in the Shader parameters section that seem to change things, but once I apply changes, save the configuration, and close it, when I reopen it, that shader parameters section is empty and it's just showing me settings from the two enb .ini files. (Which I've found I can edit outside of the game and they still take effect (I just have to make sure to copy them back to the ENB Manager slot), without looking around the room and accidentally drawing my weapon and such because the keyboard keys don't seem to work for navigation...)...

... I was overwhelmed enough going through the settings in the MCM part of this guide...

...Oh, speaking of, anyone who, like me, was waiting anxiously for Campfire and Frostfall, they, and Wearable Lanterns, DO work, kind of. They have MCM menus full of garbage, but you can configure them via powers. I should add the disclaimer that I haven't built a campfire yet, but I did appropriately almost freeze to death a couple times last night...

...Not sure what it looks like on the guys, but I'm with Faendal right now and don't really want to know...

...Oh, crap, I just realized! Someone needs to warn Gopher, those most definitely aren't pants!

In order;

Figuring out it was TAA (default choice with BethIni Ultra preset) that gave a "dirty lens" softening (technical term right? ) to everything, like too strong a DoF. I like a very sharp AA effect.

I haven't had any issues with the ENB menu (but I just installed files to the root, no manager if that matters), but I do punch plenty of stuff when making adjustments.

Thank goodness for FISS saving settings between new games.

Did you find Dracotorre's tutorial for getting working MCM for Chesko's mods. Works great, loving a mostly proper Campfire (at least until Chesko updates & I install that).

Thanks, I already found Faendal a bit creepy.

Personally, I would go with something that offers more protection (or in my case dignity).

My $0.02 anyway. I didn't follow the guide very close, I just come here to sponge up knowledge.

In order;

Figuring out it was TAA (default choice with BethIni Ultra preset) that gave a "dirty lens" softening (technical term right? ) to everything, like too strong a DoF. I like a very sharp AA effect.

I haven't had any issues with the ENB menu (but I just installed files to the root, no manager if that matters), but I do punch plenty of stuff when making adjustments.

Thank goodness for FISS saving settings between new games.

Did you find Dracotorre's tutorial for getting working MCM for Chesko's mods. Works great, loving a mostly proper Campfire (at least until Chesko updates & I install that).

Thanks, I already found Faendal a bit creepy.

Personally, I would go with something that offers more protection (or in my case dignity).

My $0.02 anyway. I didn't follow the guide very close, I just come here to sponge up knowledge.

Also in order:

You mean that blurry thing? It's weird, I don't mind distant objects being blurry (so the time I did disable DOF, I turned it back on), but when I'm walking to a door and go from sharp to blurry to sharp in a few steps, yeah, I need to turn that off. (I still need to remember what I adjusted in SLE to make the load screen "sparkles" go away. It was something with the sharpening I seem to remember. Or some FXAA setting? IDK, I work with graphics as part of what I do for a limit, but as far as making adjustments for games...)

My main issue with the in-game menu is that I have to at least mouseover anything before I can use the enter key to expand it and the arrow keys or others to adjust the values. Hitting up and down doesn't work. And the problem with mousing-over is that occasionally I forget I don't have to click, then suddenly my character is attacking things...

And no, I hadn't seen that tutorial! Thank you!!! I'm honestly not sure why he left the menus in there in that condition, but there's a lot of things I don't know about converting to SSE, like how easy those are to disable, my mods never included menus. But even some that seem more "done" still have things in the mouseover text like "[variablename] description." I'd probably never finish getting a mod like that converted, I earn the OCD in my username, especially when it comes to coding!

As for Faendal, I never found him creepy, but he is a bit of a jerk until you sell out Sven, then I'd always find him pleasant. But I really like what the dialogue overhauls are doing this time around, he's doing things like giving me advice about using my bow, stuff like that. Last time around, can't remember which one I used, but he kept bragging about himself and I couldn't wait to get rid of him. As for physically, I'd never realized how old he looks, especially being a Bosmer, I'd love to know! I haven't run into Stenvar yet, but I saw a video with one of the overhauls and never realized how much older he looked. First time I ever played, my character married him, I had no idea he was old enough to be her father! (Although common back then, granted.) And god, Stenvar's husband dialogue, just... blech.

Anyway, she's only wearing it tonight because right now she REALLY needed to get out of her armor and wash the Draugr off her (and those rags), her stuff is scattered between her pack, Alvor and Sigrid's house (where her one dress is - I guess the scarcity mod, which I ended up going down to the 2x version, includes scarcity of clothing?), and the little treehouse mod I found that seems intended to replace the hunter's treehouse. Snapneck Shack, be careful, it earns its name! (Cool activators for what it is, though!)

I am following the guide, although I've since taken things out here and there. I mostly came here to ask dumb questions... (Or occasionally talk about Draugr fashion and hovering carrots.)

Maybe they'd look good on Inigo!

LMAO!!! Wow, I SO don't want to think about that! (I always thought he looked good in (sleeved) fur armor, although I kept wondering if that would be a little like me walking around in leather made from people. (It puts the lotion on its skin...))

after 2 weeks i finally made it to the Merging page of the guide. but i got stuck on the first section. i cant seem to find the mod(s) that have these files.

• kye_skytest_patch.esp - (KYE Patches)
  • kye_sic_patch.esp - (KYE Patches)

there are so many patches and i couldn't find them on the guide. im hoping i am just blind. but could someone point me towards them?

after 2 weeks i finally made it to the Merging page of the guide. but i got stuck on the first section. i cant seem to find the mod(s) that have these files.

there are so many patches and i couldn't find them on the guide. im hoping i am just blind. but could someone point me towards them?

Go down to the KYE Patches Merged section of the merge page. There you will create a folder name KYE Patches and put 8 files in it. Two of those files are kye_skytest_patch.esp and kye_sic_patch.esp. When you create the KYE Patches Merged patch, those files will NOT be in it.

They are in the main archive of the Know your Enemy mod.

Go down to the KYE Patches Merged section of the merge page. There you will create a folder name KYE Patches and put 8 files in it. Two of those files are kye_skytest_patch.esp and kye_sic_patch.esp. When you create the KYE Patches Merged patch, those files will NOT be in it.

Obviously it breaks the alphabetisation, but I can't help but think it might make more sense to have the KYE merge listed before the Animals merge for this reason - or possibly move the creation of the KYE Patches "mod" out from the KYE Merge section and up to the top. Or maybe even move it to the main page as part of the KYE installation instructions.