Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Fool! You signed up for a never-ending cycle of updates and reinstalls... mouahahahahahaha  :devil:

Guess so  ::D: .

Anyway, I encountered a problem with the updated The Great Equalizer - MLU version. First, I had to rename it to simply The Great Equalizer so that it can be run by SSEdit, and secondly I get an error when I try to run it, saying that the system can't find the path to the The Great Equalizer - Main.pas. That main file is inside another folder with the same name, and I remember in the previous version that you had another file we downloaded separately. What do I have to do? Do I have to copy manually the Main file from inside The Great Equalizer\The Great Equalizer to the main folder?

I don't know if there's another Kal or if you're confusing me with someone else, but I've had zero problems with Windows 10 - I think it's the best OS MS have released since DOS 3.3. I also haven't said anything about Soul Cairn texture packs.

Sorry about that Kal, I believe I was confusing you and godescalcus.  I'm terrible with names, I go with faces and I"ve been seeing yours! ::P:  Deepest apologies to you and forgive me @godescalcus!!!!

this is partly the reason i flat refuse to date to Windows 10 cos it is Shite.

I still have my W7 disk.  I still have in the back of my mind the desire to go back to it!  But all the reloads and stuff "ugh".  Plus I watch my grand daughter all day.  She's in her terrible twos and into every thing, defiant, stubborn and will get her way.

Guess so  ::D: .

Anyway, I encountered a problem with the updated The Great Equalizer - MLU version. First, I had to rename it to simply The Great Equalizer so that it can be run by SSEdit, and secondly I get an error when I try to run it, saying that the system can't find the path to the The Great Equalizer - Main.pas. That main file is inside another folder with the same name, and I remember in the previous version that you had another file we downloaded separately. What do I have to do? Do I have to copy manually the Main file from inside The Great Equalizer\The Great Equalizer to the main folder?

you should just extract the contains on the zip file to SSEdit edit scripts folder.

I still have my W7 disk.  I still have in the back of my mind the desire to go back to it!  But all the reloads and stuff "ugh".  Plus I watch my grand daughter all day.  She's in her terrible twos and into every thing, defiant, stubborn and will get her way.

I feel your pain fin twins will be 2 in August.

you should just extract the contains on the zip file to SSEdit edit scripts folder.

I did that. Here is the error I get: 

Cannot open file "a:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\SSEEdit\Edit Scripts\The Great Equalizer\The Great Equalizer - Main.pas". The system cannot find the path specified

I did that. Here is the error I get: 

Cannot open file "a:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\SSEEdit\Edit Scripts\The Great Equalizer\The Great Equalizer - Main.pas". The system cannot find the path specified

ok let me test I might of forgot something.

no issue my end when you extract the file place into the SSEdit script folder the The Great Equalizer.pas and the The Great Equalizer folder?

Now I understand my mistake. Fixed it: I deleted the old folder, and copied the content of the The great equalizer - MLU folder inside Edit Scripts. My mistake was thinking that I had to move that folder inside edit scripts and rename it, not the content directly. Thank you!

Edited by dreamer1986

I'd like to create more space in my load order to add some new mods. Which mod's on Lexy's guide could be merged without issue?

what mods you adding? cos once you have done all the merges and the Pre SMASH Patch your active esp count should be around the 190ish mark which should goive you plenty room for more?

Hey sorry, stupid question, quite new to modding still. Due to the speed of the updates in the guide, any rule of thumb of under what circumstances should I need to rebuild

The great equalizer.esp

zpatch

Pre smash and smash patch

Xlodgen and dyndolod

For dyndolod, do I have to run texgen again each time I rebuild it?

Thanks again for the beautiful guide

Hey sorry, stupid question, quite new to modding still. Due to the speed of the updates in the guide, any rule of thumb of under what circumstances should I need to rebuild

The great equalizer.esp

zpatch

Pre smash and smash patch

Xlodgen and dyndolod

For dyndolod, do I have to run texgen again each time I rebuild it?

Thanks again for the beautiful guide

rule of thumb The great equalizer.esp, zpatch, Pre smash and smash patch SMASH basically when your Load Order changes remember Treat the Pre SMASH and SMASH patch as you would the Bash Patch.

xLODGEN, TexGEN. DynDOLOD when you add or remove mods that effect LOD's. Usually with xLODGEN, TexGEN. DynDOLOD I try not to update since it take me 2 and half hours to do a complete run now (I run TexGEN and DynDOLOD at 1K that why it takes me so long).

rule of thumb The great equalizer.esp, zpatch, Pre smash and smash patch SMASH basically when your Load Order changes remember Treat the Pre SMASH and SMASH patch as you would the Bash Patch.

xLODGEN, TexGEN. DynDOLOD when you add or remove mods that effect LOD's. Usually with xLODGEN, TexGEN. DynDOLOD I try not to update since it take me 2 and half hours to do a complete run now (I run TexGEN and DynDOLOD at 1K that why it takes me so long).

Lexy thanks for the response. Just to clarify: even if i update mods which the great equalizer, zpatch, presmash and smash enabled as masters, there is generally no need to rebuild them as long as my load order remains the same?