Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I closed MO2 and walked away for a couple of hours.  I came back, read the answering post and thought to myself, "great, not only am I asking stupid questions but, even the people helping me now think I'm stupid!"  I opened up MO2 to try again and THERE IT WAS!!!  Honest, when I closed MO2 and walked away, I couldn't get it to recognize those files but, I suppose "turning it off and on again" worked this time!

You could try Natural View Tamriel by the same author who did Skyrim SE Reengaged + Reshade, Phoenix (which Lexy uses) or The Truth (works with Night Eye and is updated to latest enb binaries but is older)

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean a different ENB preset, I meant an alternative to using an ENB period. I was up till 2 am trying to get Skyrim to not black screen/apphang with the dxd11.dll in there, I was not successful so I'd like to find something else that will prettify it. If I can. (And for the record I've never had an issue with Oldrim + ENB, sooo ASCII shrug face)

I'd still like to know if this guide will use a Soul Cairn texture overhaul. There's not one in the guide at all, but Soul Cairn HD and LH's Soul Cairn HD - Complete are both available on the Nexus.

This is a guide LosGrak not a Bible.  You can add to or remove from it as you see fit.  However there are certain mods that if you remove or add that will affect other mods or Lexy's conflict and/or other edits.  You just have to be prepared to correct them.  If you don't know how, any of us can guide you in the right direction.

Both Kal and myself told you that the majority of us are using Soul Cairn HD,  if you like LH's Soul Cairn better then use it.  They are just mesh and texture files (no esp files) but you will have to redo xLODGen (optional) and DynDOLOD if you change one out for the other.

On another note, seems we are getting some girl power in here!  LOL

Edited by Kneph13

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean a different ENB preset, I meant an alternative to using an ENB period. I was up till 2 am trying to get Skyrim to not black screen/apphang with the dxd11.dll in there, I was not successful so I'd like to find something else that will prettify it. If I can. (And for the record I've never had an issue with Oldrim + ENB, sooo ASCII shrug face)

Well, an alternative to ENB would be a Reshade alone, but I am not familiar with them.  You could google Skyrim SE Reshades and see what pops up.  Seriously though, and this is coming from someone who plays with ENB on, you don't really need an ENB at all.  Skyrim SE looks pretty good alone and realistically are only for aesthetics and screen archery (not to mention saving you anywhere from 5-20 fps by not using one).

One alternative I just thought of is Rustic Weathers and Lighting, it is compatible with lighting mods, the Darker Nights, True Storms (with a patch), and Lightning during Thunderstorms (Minty Lightning) mods.  The author recommends two ENB's (not required) and she also provides an optional download that provides four different presets for non-ENB users.  Rustic Weathers is very similar to Vivid Weathers is lighter graphic load wise and imho looks just as good if not better than Vivid Weathers.   Check it out!

Edited by Kneph13

Well, an alternative to ENB would be a Reshade alone, but I am not familiar with them.  You could google Skyrim SE Reshades and see what pops up.  Seriously though, and this is coming from someone who plays with ENB on, you don't really need an ENB at all.  Skyrim SE looks pretty good alone and realistically are only for aesthetics and screen archery (not to mention saving you anywhere from 5-20 fps by not using one).

One alternative I just thought of is Rustic Weathers and Lighting, it is compatible with lighting mods, the Darker Nights, True Storms (with a patch), and Lightning during Thunderstorms (Minty Lightning) mods.  The author recommends two ENB's (not required) and she also provides an optional download that provides four different presets for non-ENB users.  Rustic Weathers is very similar to Vivid Weathers is lighter graphic load wise and imho looks just as good if not better than Vivid Weathers.   Check it out!

I am very happy with my non-ENB setup (never used an ENB or Reshade; EDIT: tested it once, but didn't think that what you get from it is really worth the trouble.). I switched over to NAT and found it is doing it's job pretty good.

Edited by Shabdez

Not related to this guide, but some more info on the Spring Windows 10 Update.  It did not affect my graphics card like it did Kal's (it did corrupt the nVidia driver and I had to reinstall that, but my system performance was gradually deteriorating.  I checked my ssds and hdds and I ran tests on my cpu and gpu.  My cpu failed several test items in Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool.  What I found was that I had to reinstall all of my mobo drivers and in particular the Intel Rapid Storage Driver which turned out to be the real culprit.

Everything is hunky dory now.  Fecin' Micro$oft sucks.

Edited by Kneph13

Not related to this guide, but some more info on the Spring Windows 10 Update.  It did not affect my graphics card like it did Kal's (it did corrupt the nVidia driver and I had to reinstall that, but my system performance was gradually deteriorating.  I checked my ssds and hdds and I ran tests on my cpu and gpu.  My cpu failed several test items in Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool.  What I found was that I had to reinstall all of my mobo drivers and in particular the Intel Rapid Storage Driver which turned out to be the real culprit.

Everything is hunky dory now.  Fecin' Micro$oft sucks.

this is partly the reason i flat refuse to date to Windows 10 cos it is Shite.

Okay, I managed to reach the end of the guide. 

What an amazing guide, I can't even imagine the amount of work that went into making and testing it, thank you very much for making it! Easily the best modded guide I followed ever. 

Now its time to test and hope for the best. 

My cpu failed several test items in Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool.  What I found was that I had to reinstall all of my mobo drivers and in particular the Intel Rapid Storage Driver which turned out to be the real culprit.

I'm glad it worked for you... I'm stuck with version 1709 because I won't be updating drivers while my CPU runs at 92ºC. Seriously, why do they f''k up so badly? I'm sure there will be people with pc's bricked because of a windows feature update. Most users probably won't know what's wrong with their system. I'm happy with windows 10 overall, but I can't stand the policy of a new OS being forced upon us twice a year. Nor the fact that I have to disable windows update altogether and leave my system more vulnerable if I want to postpone an update. They need a class action suit by people that suffered real damage because of their policy.

Edited by godescalcus

Not related to this guide, but some more info on the Spring Windows 10 Update.  It did not affect my graphics card like it did Kal's (it did corrupt the nVidia driver and I had to reinstall that, but my system performance was gradually deteriorating. 

I don't know if there's another Kal or if you're confusing me with someone else, but I've had zero problems with Windows 10 - I think it's the best OS MS have released since DOS 3.3. I also haven't said anything about Soul Cairn texture packs.