Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I was suggesting running as administrator as a troubleshooting tool, as I have no idea whether or not Gilgamesh has a permissions issue. I'm not telling them to run it that way permanently. I rescind the suggestion.

As fr where MO is installed -- I had gone by GamerPoets and that's wrong, good to know. Can MO be safely moved somehow or would I have to do an entire re-install from scratch?

If you are running MO2 as a portable application (which you are, because Merge Plugins requires it  :;): ), you should be able to move your MO2 directory.  However, I've never tried to move and reuse an entire MO2 directory. ::(:  Maybe Google doing it, or search the MO2 support forum, for answers to your question.  As a precaution, before you try any such move, consider making a zip of your key MO2 directories and put the archive on a different drive.

The path to my MO2 executable is: I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mod Organizer 2 - Lexys LoTD SE\ModOrganizer.exe   , and has been since I started following this Build.

I just moved the entire MO2 directory down a level so that the the path to my MO2 executable was: I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\Mod Organizer 2 - Lexys LoTD SE\ModOrganizer.exe , ran MO2 without a problem.

I then moved the entire MO2 directory back up a level so that the the path to my MO2 executable was (once again): I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mod Organizer 2 - Lexys LoTD SE\ModOrganizer.exe , ran MO2 without a problem.

Tzefira, you should be able to move your MO2 directory anywhere in your system that you want (as long as MO2 is running as a portable application).  If you're  moving it from one folder to another on the same drive (or from one drive to another), open up Windows Explorer twice.  Have the folder that contains your current MO2 directory open in one, and the folder you want to move your MO2 folder to in the other.  This will help minimize problems when actual;ly move the MO2 folder.

I ran MO2 from within the folder.  After such a move, you'll need to change any links you may be using that point to your MO2 executable.  Also, I should point out that I only ran MO2, none of it's executables.  But the executables should also run without issue.  You're not moving the executables, you're moving MO2.

Edited by Decopauge123

The path to my MO2 executable is: I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mod Organizer 2 - Lexys LoTD SE\ModOrganizer.exe   , and has been since I started following this Build.

I just moved the entire MO2 directory down a level so that the the path to my MO2 executable was: I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\Mod Organizer 2 - Lexys LoTD SE\ModOrganizer.exe , ran MO2 without a problem.

I then moved the entire MO2 directory back up a level so that the the path to my MO2 executable was (once again): I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mod Organizer 2 - Lexys LoTD SE\ModOrganizer.exe , ran MO2 without a problem.

Tzefira, you should be able to move your MO2 directory anywhere in your system that you want (as long as MO2 is running as a portable application).  If you're  moving it from one folder to another on the same drive (or from one drive to another), open up Windows Explorer twice.  Have the folder that contains your current MO2 directory open in one, and the folder you want to move your MO2 folder to in the other.  This will help minimize problems when actual;ly move the MO2 folder.

I ran MO2 from within the folder.  After such a move, you'll need to change any links you may be using that point to your MO2 executable.  Also, I should point out that I only ran MO2, none of it's executables.  But the executables should also run without issue.  You're not moving the executables, you're moving MO2.

Nice!  Too late to fuss with it right now, but does indeed sound like tomorrow will be painless. Thanks for testing that, I appreciate it.

I was suggesting running as administrator as a troubleshooting tool, as I have no idea whether or not Gilgamesh has a permissions issue. I'm not telling them to run it that way permanently. I rescind the suggestion.

As fr where MO is installed -- I had gone by GamerPoets and that's wrong, good to know. Can MO be safely moved somehow or would I have to do an entire re-install from scratch?

It's alright @Tzefira, I wasn't having a shot at you, just a friendly reminder to all. STEP appreciates everyone that comes and lends a hand with modding.

Nor was I.

A quick googlin' says it's relatively painless matter of copy and paste MO folder, delete .ini, but we'll find out tomorrow  :;):

And I appreciate STEP, I keep learning every time I check in. You folks rock  :dancingbanana:

I'm glad you found out that it's a relatively process.  ::): :clap: :thumbsup: :celebration: :dance: :dancingbanana: :gnome:

I've never heard of zipping utilities doing that, but then I haven't been everywhere or read everything. :;):   This would only matter if you run TEXGEN to generate the desired textures, and before you run DynDOLOD, run a zipping utility that actually does remove empty folders on the "<DynDOLOD 2.36 Beta 8 Path>\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache" directory.

If you follow directions for generating TEXGEN and then DynDOLOD output, the "<DynDOLOD 2.36 Beta 8 Path>\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache" directory will be empty for less then 10 minutes:

(1) an average TEXGEN run is (for me) about 5 minutes, and

(2) the time from the end of the TEXGEN run to the start of the DYNDOLOD run should be less then 5 minutes [unless you take a break before running DynDLOD].

What i meant is: when utility is being distributed in a zipped format (i.e. when you download DynDOLOD from internet) , authors create an empty file to ensure directory structure required for tool to function is preserved. Just an old school way, not sure if it's relevant anymore with 7zip and newer zip formats.

A quick googlin' says it's relatively painless matter of copy and paste MO folder, delete .ini, but we'll find out tomorrow  :;):

And I appreciate STEP, I keep learning every time I check in. You folks rock  :dancingbanana:

Nice!  Too late to fuss with it right now, but does indeed sound like tomorrow will be painless. Thanks for testing that, I appreciate it.

I was happy to do it.  :cool:

What i meant is: when utility is being distributed in a zipped format (i.e. when you download DynDOLOD from internet) , authors create an empty file to ensure directory structure required for tool to function is preserved. Just an old school way, not sure if it's relevant anymore with 7zip and newer zip formats.

Ah.  OK.  ::):

Edited by Decopauge123

Gilgamesh2k5 wrote:

Good afternoon averyone. I am trying to run FNIS as an MO2 executable like we have always done years past. 

I am using DarkLexy's STEP guide Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition so I definately have the right skeleton and more than a couple animation mods installed. I went to the data pane in MO2 and right clicked it and added as an executable but 8 times out of 10 MO2 will lock as if it is about to run the executable then it will just unlock, as if it already ran FNIS. So I tried to add an FNIS shortcut to the desktop and set it to  run as an admin and the window will pop up. But it appears as though FNIS is not detecting my skeleton or any other animations. I for sure have the creature pack installed as per the guide. I do note that it seems odd that there are question marks next to my path for Skyrim SE 64. Note: I used a partitioned drive for all bethesda games so I can mod it in an isolated environment. I also set Norton to exclude that drive from all scans, everything.  Through all my years of modding I have never had this issue and I have been browsing the topics and forums to no avail. Everyone else at least gets a warning in the generator of some sort. Mine just doesn't read MO2' virtual mod folder or something. I am using the portable version of MO2 if that helps at all so MO2's folder is located outside the SSE main directory and rather it is in the common folder. This is per DarkLexy's guide, and noone else has had this issue there but me.

This is the generator output I get :

FNIS Behavior V7.2   3/25/2018 13:12:10
Generator: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mod Organiser 2- Lexys LOTD SE\mods\FNIS Behavior SE\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
Skyrim SE 64bit: ??.??.?? - F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ (Steam)
Expected generator path: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 

Reading FNISBase V7.2 ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
Alternate Animation mods: 0 sets: 0 total groups: 0 added file slots: 0 alternate files: 0

Creature Pack not installed

0 animations for 1 mods successfully included (character)

These are the paths in the executable entry in the MO2 when I right click the executable and add it from the data pane (I have even tried to add it as an executable through the cogs menu by just pointing to the binary):

Binary:       F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mod Organiser 2- Lexys LOTD SE\mods\FNIS Behavior SE\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

Start IN:     F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mod Organiser 2- Lexys LOTD SE\mods\FNIS Behavior SE\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users

soooo...anyone have any idea why FNIS is behaving this way? See anything wrong with the generator output above? This is all Fore could give me so I am at  loss

"If you have done it as you describe, then it has to be an MO2 issue, and you should report there. Because the way your output looks it has always been when people have started FNIS from within the MO mod folder, and not from the MO executables list. "

Edited by Gilgamesh2k5

I'm seeing a t lot of discussion about FNIS and MO2 in the MO2 Discord and no one there is having issues, I suggest it is because they do not have MO2 installed into the Steam folder structure.

Move it elsewhere and check how you go from there. MO2 can be installed anywhere else, as long as it isn't in a UAC folder, ie. one under control of Windows.

I'm seeing a t lot of discussion about FNIS and MO2 in the MO2 Discord and no one there is having issues, I suggest it is because they do not have MO2 installed into the Steam folder structure.

Move it elsewhere and check how you go from there. MO2 can be installed anywhere else, as long as it isn't in a UAC folder, ie. one under control of Windows.

Ok thank you Grant I will look into how to move the MO directory around. Probably gonna have to be into the Skyrim directory, just long enough to generate the files from Fores New Idles. Then I should be able to move the MO directory back out to the common folder. Are there any resources I can look into as far as moving the whole MO2 directory around?

I appreciate your help! It kinda sucks I had to be the odd man out who just had to have this particular odd issue. If I try what Grant does and move the MO2 folder around and it works..then great, if not then I am truly at a loss. May have to start the game without running fores

MO2 is what is called a "portable executable", ie. it isn't installed by an installer and everything needed to run it is in the one location you installed it.

This means you can simply move the entire MO2 folder to a place somewhere else, I suggest simply putting it off the root of a drive you have: e.g. C:\MO2

There is a folder in %AppData% that houses the settings for your modded games, but as long as you set the settings correctly it will "just work". Those settings are accessed via the settings inside the MO2 UI.

Whilst MO2 is a different tool to MO the main help file, and the wiki housed here on STEP, is still applicable for most things. Check the online help and the FAQ for common things and feel free to ask for anything else. 

Gilgamesh2k5 wrote:

Good afternoon averyone. I am trying to run FNIS as an MO2 executable like we have always done years past. 

I am using DarkLexy's STEP guide Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition so I definately have the right skeleton and more than a couple animation mods installed. I went to the data pane in MO2 and right clicked it and added as an executable but 8 times out of 10 MO2 will lock as if it is about to run the executable then it will just unlock, as if it already ran FNIS. So I tried to add an FNIS shortcut to the desktop and set it to  run as an admin and the window will pop up. But it appears as though FNIS is not detecting my skeleton or any other animations. I for sure have the creature pack installed as per the guide. I do note that it seems odd that there are question marks next to my path for Skyrim SE 64. Note: I used a partitioned drive for all bethesda games so I can mod it in an isolated environment. I also set Norton to exclude that drive from all scans, everything.  Through all my years of modding I have never had this issue and I have been browsing the topics and forums to no avail. Everyone else at least gets a warning in the generator of some sort. Mine just doesn't read MO2' virtual mod folder or something. I am using the portable version of MO2 if that helps at all so MO2's folder is located outside the SSE main directory and rather it is in the common folder. This is per DarkLexy's guide, and noone else has had this issue there but me.

This is the generator output I get :

FNIS Behavior V7.2   3/25/2018 13:12:10
Generator: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mod Organiser 2- Lexys LOTD SE\mods\FNIS Behavior SE\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
Skyrim SE 64bit: ??.??.?? - F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ (Steam)
Expected generator path: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 

Reading FNISBase V7.2 ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
Alternate Animation mods: 0 sets: 0 total groups: 0 added file slots: 0 alternate files: 0

Creature Pack not installed

0 animations for 1 mods successfully included (character)

These are the paths in the executable entry in the MO2 when I right click the executable and add it from the data pane (I have even tried to add it as an executable through the cogs menu by just pointing to the binary):

Binary:       F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mod Organiser 2- Lexys LOTD SE\mods\FNIS Behavior SE\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

Start IN:     F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mod Organiser 2- Lexys LOTD SE\mods\FNIS Behavior SE\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users

soooo...anyone have any idea why FNIS is behaving this way? See anything wrong with the generator output above? This is all Fore could give me so I am at  loss

"If you have done it as you describe, then it has to be an MO2 issue, and you should report there. Because the way your output looks it has always been when people have started FNIS from within the MO mod folder, and not from the MO executables list. "

Clear your "start in" path. If that doesn't help, remove the executable from MO and re-install FNIS keeping "start in" empty.

I'm seeing a t lot of discussion about FNIS and MO2 in the MO2 Discord

With all the drama on Discord and Reddit, FNIS is quickly becoming the next Kardashian isn't it  ::D:

I've made it all the way through main questline, and am at the end of dragonborn (at miraak). Only consistent issue I have noticed is CTD during combat. Not all the time, maybe the more intense fights? Not sure how to specify exactly, but seems much more prevalent when fighting dragons/(and miraak now, 3 ctd in a row before i can finish fight). If anyone else is having/had an issue similar please let me know what to try, thanks.

Sorry mates giving this a bump, hate to be annoying though. Just with a modlist as extensive as this I'm not sure where to start to find the problem. If anyone has some advice I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

From my experience back in LE days, CTDs during combat were sometimes caused by either Deadly Spell Impacts or Enhanced Blood Textures. Since then i always use no-esp version of DSI. EBT seems to be fine now

Not seeing an ESP free version on the SE mod page. There an oldrim version I should try?