Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I have norton set to exclude the entire partitioned drive I have my installation on. Yes it is checked. It seems all other executables will run just fine from MO2's launcher, but just simply does not open at all anymore when run from the launcher..MO2 just locks for a second and then unlocks..I am at a loss. Can you show me what your output says in the FNIS window when you run it? the question marks next to my Skyrim 64 bit is striking me as odd

Mine doesn't have all the lines yours did, not sure what setting in mine may be different? This is the output in its entirety (I have an additional animation pack for greatswords installed):

FNIS Behavior V7.2   3/25/2018 3:08:58 PM
Skyrim SE 64bit: 1.5.23.0 - C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 

Installing FNIS PCEA2
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V7.0 ...
Reading FNISBase V7.2 ...
Reading FNIS_PCEA2 V7.2  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 557 alternate animations) ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
Alternate Animation mods: 1 sets: 29 total groups: 59 added file slots: 974 alternate files: 557

Create Creature Behaviors ...

557 animations for 3 mods successfully included (character)
Edited by Tzefira

FNIS Behavior V7.2   3/25/2018 3:08:58 PM
Skyrim SE 64bit: 1.5.23.0 - C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)

Installing FNIS PCEA2
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V7.0 ...
Reading FNIS_PCEA2 V7.2  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 557 alternate animations) ...

Alternate Animation mods: 1 sets: 29 total groups: 59 added file slots: 974 alternate files: 557

Create Creature Behaviors ...

557 animations for 3 mods successfully included (character)

hmmm...why do I have question marks in the line for skyrim se 64 bit where there is supposed to be a version number

hmmm...why do I have question marks in the line for skyrim se 64 bit where there is supposed to be a version number

While we're ruminating on it here you might try posting on the FNIS nexus forum too.

Edit after glancing at forum: Unless that's you who posted last night, lol. If not, someone with similar problem did, advice was to check that you've got SE version and not LE. Yours seems to be searching for 64bit properly though.

When you're in MO and in the modify .exe window (the gears) what does FNIS have as paths for Binary and Start In?

Edited by Tzefira

While we're ruminating on it here you might try posting on the FNIS nexus forum too.

Edit after glancing at forum: Unless that's you who posted last night, lol. If not, someone with similar problem did, advice was to check that you've got SE version and not LE. Yours seems to be searching for 64bit properly though.

When you're in MO and in the modify .exe window (the gears) what does FNIS have as paths for Binary and Start In?

This is from adding it as an executable in the data tab in MO2

Binary:       F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mod Organiser 2- Lexys LOTD SE\mods\FNIS Behavior SE\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

Start IN:     F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mod Organiser 2- Lexys LOTD SE\mods\FNIS Behavior SE\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users

Binary:       F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mod Organiser 2- Lexys LOTD SE\mods\FNIS Behavior SE\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

Start IN:     F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mod Organiser 2- Lexys LOTD SE\mods\FNIS Behavior SE\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users

Just wanted to check against mine in case something was detectably funky there but nope, same paths.

Do you happen to have both Skyrim LE and Skyrim SE (base games) installed?

Edited by Tzefira

@sm0kem- thanks for the info, I suspected ICAIO would be a culprit to check but was concerned about some of the other mods. Also means I should be fine with the other couple I want to include. And having looked at your mod list I am really glad you replied 😊

OHHH wait wait hold the phone. We're not the same. You have MO running out of your common folder. 

My binary is: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Mod Organizer 2 (Standalone Version)-6194-2-1-1\mods\Fores New Idles in Skyrim SE - FNIS SE\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

My MO runs within the SSE directory. Maybe that's it.

Problem: Hanging Pheasants don't yield the Crafting Feathers used by Ars Metallica to craft arrows.

Solution:

Lexy's LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp \ Flora \ 00038B0C & 00d8B0D (HangingPheasant01, 02)

PFIG - Ingredient should carry forward ARTHESPheasantLoot from Ars Metallica.

Pheasants will still yield the "Raw Pheasant Breast" from SAFO rather than the vanilla "Pheasant Breast"

Tzefira hi! Interesting that you have MO2 working WITHIN the Skyrim Special Edition folder, as all videos and instructions here, instruct us to install MO2 in the COMMON folder to avoid problems with virtual filing system, AND you have steam folder on your operating C: drive, were they say to install(game) on a separate drive........hmmm i wonder if all this avoidance (c: drive etc) is a bit over the top....Sorry, if, you have your operating drive on another, I'm assuming C: is yours, as most people have it

Tzefira hi! Interesting that you have MO2 working WITHIN the Skyrim Special Edition folder, as all videos and instructions here, instruct us to install MO2 in the COMMON folder to avoid problems with virtual filing system, AND you have steam folder on your operating C: drive, were they say to install(game) on a separate drive........hmmm i wonder if all this avoidance (c: drive etc) is a bit over the top....Sorry, if, you have your operating drive on another, I'm assuming C: is yours, as most people have it

Heya berndaroy. When I first started using MO I followed GamerPoets tutorial, which places MO inside the game folder, and I've been doing it that way ever since. I probably should set up a separate drive one of these days, I just never have.

I accept all responsibility for SNAFUs that arise because of it, but it's worked for me so far.

Heya berndaroy. When I first started using MO I followed GamerPoets tutorial, which places MO inside the game folder, and I've been doing it that way ever since. I probably should set up a separate drive one of these days, I just never have.

I accept all responsibility for SNAFUs that arise because of it, but it's worked for me so far.

wait wtf?

Is yours working?

THIS IS THE RESPONSE FROM FORE ON HIS FORUM FOR FNIS

Gilgamesh2k5 wrote:

Good afternoon averyone. I am trying to run FNIS as an MO2 executable like we have always done years past. 

I am using DarkLexy's STEP guide Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition so I definately have the right skeleton and more than a couple animation mods installed. I went to the data pane in MO2 and right clicked it and added as an executable but 8 times out of 10 MO2 will lock as if it is about to run the executable then it will just unlock, as if it already ran FNIS. So I tried to add an FNIS shortcut to the desktop and set it to  run as an admin and the window will pop up. But it appears as though FNIS is not detecting my skeleton or any other animations. I for sure have the creature pack installed as per the guide. I do note that it seems odd that there are question marks next to my path for Skyrim SE 64. Note: I used a partitioned drive for all bethesda games so I can mod it in an isolated environment. I also set Norton to exclude that drive from all scans, everything.  Through all my years of modding I have never had this issue and I have been browsing the topics and forums to no avail. Everyone else at least gets a warning in the generator of some sort. Mine just doesn't read MO2' virtual mod folder or something. I am using the portable version of MO2 if that helps at all so MO2's folder is located outside the SSE main directory and rather it is in the common folder. This is per DarkLexy's guide, and noone else has had this issue there but me.

This is the generator output I get :

FNIS Behavior V7.2   3/25/2018 13:12:10
Generator: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mod Organiser 2- Lexys LOTD SE\mods\FNIS Behavior SE\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
Skyrim SE 64bit: ??.??.?? - F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ (Steam)
Expected generator path: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)

Alternate Animation mods: 0 sets: 0 total groups: 0 added file slots: 0 alternate files: 0

Creature Pack not installed

0 animations for 1 mods successfully included (character)

These are the paths in the executable entry in the MO2 when I right click the executable and add it from the data pane (I have even tried to add it as an executable through the cogs menu by just pointing to the binary):

Binary:       F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mod Organiser 2- Lexys LOTD SE\mods\FNIS Behavior SE\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

Start IN:     F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mod Organiser 2- Lexys LOTD SE\mods\FNIS Behavior SE\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users

No, you are NOT running FNIS as an MO2 executable. You are running it from a MO mod directory "Mod Organiser 2- Lexys LOTD SE", and that's not how MO works.

Edited by Gilgamesh2k5

wait wtf?

Is yours working?

Apologies but this is how we have always added executables. If I am misunderstanding this, what would the remedy be? If I manually install FNIS into the skyrim directory will it recognize the VFS of MO? as my MO2 location is in the common folder, as per the guides instructions.

Seems I opened a can of worms, lol. But as I said --> GP's tutorial is how I learned it and how (perhaps stubbornly) I've always done it. Not saying I'm right in doing so but I've linked the vid to where it shows his file structure, and that's how mine looks as well. 

I think perhaps what Fore is saying is that FNIS has to be run from within SSE's file structure somewhere (at least, that's how I interpret that response). If literally everyone else using this guide has been putting MO outside of SSE directory and still gotten FNIS to work as an .exe from within MO then I honestly don't know what's wrong.

Oh, wait, Gilg...I think from what you've typed out there: do you have a shortcut to the executable, and you're double-clicking that to run the application? Because that's not how you do it.

You're supposed to add it as an executable in MO2, which you seem to have done, then select it from the dropdown in MO2, and click Run.

Kind of a shot in the dark, but try opening up the NVIDIA Control panel --> Manage 3D settings --> click the 'Program Settings' tabs. Select Elder Scrolls V SE in the dropdown, then in 2. select "High-performance NVIDIA processor" to be sure you're forcing Skyrim to use NVIDIA and not your integrated card (if you have one). Then update your drivers to most recent and see if it still BSODs.

Thanks, Tzefira.  I followed your instructions but at 2. select "high performance NVIDIA processor" I am unable to follow, since my box for 2. options are just settings for the program (ambient occlusion, anisotropic filtering, etc.) and does not contain the option to force the game onto "High performance NVIDIA processor"...