Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

This is because during my first "Pre-Aplha test build I had issues with Wrye bash Beta 2. I didn't know about that version so not tried it out yet since i am nowhere near the Bash Patch section sorting out Wrye Bash oddities is the last thing on my mind so you guys go off test it a let me know.

DarkladyLexy, I've been building a Interim Bash Patch as we work our way toward a completed build.  I figured it was better to have that as something holding the loose ends together until we get to the end of the build.  I currently have the Wrye Bash listed in the Prerequisites installed [Wrye Smash 307.201612302300(Standalone)] and wanted to pass on what I discovered about the Bashed Patch produced by it.

Well, no issues whatsoever for me with the latest build 307.201801021732. Beta 2 should be ok too - but I can't test if it works fine with MO because I'm using Wrye Bash alone. I strongly encourage someone who's using MO and wants to get involved to test run the version linked at afkmods, since it's usually a lot of commits ahead of the one on the nexus. Utumno only releases extensively tried and tested versions to nexus but in the mean time a lot of bug corrections and other adjustments are always features of the latest build.

I'll test run the version you mention and report back here.

Edited by Decopauge123

Well, no issues whatsoever for me with the latest build 307.201801021732. Beta 2 should be ok too - but I can't test if it works fine with MO because I'm using Wrye Bash alone. I strongly encourage someone who's using MO and wants to get involved to test run the version linked at afkmods, since it's usually a lot of commits ahead of the one on the nexus. Utumno only releases extensively tried and tested versions to nexus but in the mean time a lot of bug corrections and other adjustments are always features of the latest build.

I'll test run the version you mention and report back here.

I installed the Wrye Smash 307.201801021732 build available at the bottom of the 2nd post in the AFK Mods topic 4966-wrye-bash-all-games , as you suggested, godescalcus.

This version of Wrye Bash expects the use of the   -o   flag, and not the   -g   flag, so I pointed WB to my SSE install directory (-o "I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition").  The execution of WB produced the expected WB window, with a 'Old Plugin Record Warning' popup window telling me that the installed Bashed Patch was using an older form.

I enabled all .ESP files, rebuilt the Bashed Patch, and the resulting file used Form 44, as desired.  A   wxPython   stdout/stderr    message window was displayed during the rebuilding of the Bashed Patch.

[spoiler=wxPython: stdout/stderr]Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp:

Wrye Bash SSE expects a newer format for STAT.DNAM than found.

Load and save Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp with the Skyrim SE CK

STAT.DNAM: Expected size == 12, but got: 8

Error loading 'STAT' record and/or subrecord: 00026FD3

eid = u'NorTmpExtPlatMid01Snow'

subrecord = 'DNAM'

subrecord size = 8

file pos = 471

Error in Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp

Vigilant.esp: SPGD.DATA: Expected size == 48, but got: 96

Error loading 'SPGD' record and/or subrecord: 022DA92E

eid = u'zzzCHSnowParticlesStormHard'

subrecord = 'DATA'

subrecord size = 96

file pos = 1843834

Error in Vigilant.esp

UniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.esp:

Wrye Bash SSE expects a newer format for STAT.DNAM than found.

Load and save UniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.esp with the Skyrim SE CK

STAT.DNAM: Expected size == 12, but got: 8

Error loading 'STAT' record and/or subrecord: 0400656C

eid = u'dnnPalePassRoadSignPostSn'

subrecord = 'DNAM'

subrecord size = 8

file pos = 466

Error in UniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.esp

Comments on doing what is indicated in the stdout/stderr message?

Edited by Decopauge123

I am trying to keep "Self-ports" to a minimum on this guide cos of LOTD, so I actually haven't looked at Timing is everything but if it works out of the box and the converting of esp is straight forward I'll take a look at it.

Oldrim version has some conflicts with Bruma, it turns on dragon spawns If I remember correctly.

Comments on doing what is indicated in the stdout/stderr message?

I resave all the plugins Wrye Bash indicates as having old version records, and also reprocess the meshes and havok animations. That was the subject of the discussion you linked, some plugins are altogether form version 43, some are reportedly form version 44 but have some records in old format. Since you're not sure how the conversion was made (even if by the author) the advise there was to reconvert them just to make it safe. I confirmed that when you run meshed that have already been optimized with nif optimizer, the app will ignore them, so there's no risk there.

BTW, I also got the same error message for those specific plugins you mentioned.

Edited by godescalcus

I resave all the plugins Wrye Bash indicates as having old version records, and also reprocess the meshes and havok animations. That was the subject of the discussion you linked, some plugins are altogether form version 43, some are reportedly form version 44 but have some records in old format. Since you're not sure how the conversion was made (even if by the author) the advise there was to reconvert them just to make it safe. I confirmed that when you run meshed that have already been optimized with nif optimizer, the app will ignore them, so there's no risk there.

BTW, I also got the same error message for those specific plugins you mentioned.

OK, I'll work on that tomorrow.   I't's good to know you saw the same errors for the same plugins.  I was worried that I had seen them due to 'local conditions'.

Do you guys use Geforce Experience to manage GPU drivers, game video capture and the lot? Do you know if it has a footprint on the game's performance at all? If it does, I might uninstall it and maybe the guide should advise the same... Just mentioned because someone pointed out the huge amount of processes it has running in the background.

Edited by godescalcus

Also I thought to mention that for TexGen & DynDOLOD you can create a folder in MO2 and then select to output to that folder.

https://i.imgur.com/UxRF8AM.png

I already know this but thanks for mentioning it.

Do you guys use Geforce Experience to manage GPU drivers, game video capture and the lot? Do you know if it has a footprint on the game's performance at all? If it does, I might uninstall it and maybe the guide should advise the same... Just mentioned because someone pointed out the huge amount of processes it has running in the background.

I do use to let me know if a driver has been updated. I don't use to optimize nor do I use the game capture feature so that is deactivated. I have never notice any impact on performance on any game i play.

I noticed in the instructions for Skyrim Flora Overhaul SE there is a discrepancy between the selected meshes and their corresponding LOD textures. The mesh instructions say to select treepineforestsnowl03.nif (with an L after snow), but the LOD textures say to use TreePineForestDeadSnow03_000EF5A3 (without an L after snow). There are corresponding LOD textures for treepineforestsnowl03 so I wondered if this was intentional or a mistake?

I noticed in the instructions for Skyrim Flora Overhaul SE there is a discrepancy between the selected meshes and their corresponding LOD textures. The mesh instructions say to select treepineforestsnowl03.nif (with an L after snow), but the LOD textures say to use TreePineForestDeadSnow03_000EF5A3 (without an L after snow). There are corresponding LOD textures for treepineforestsnowl03 so I wondered if this was intentional or a mistake?

the 3 meshes you need are:

• treepineforestdead03.nif
  • treepineforestsnowl03.nif
  • treepineforestsnowl04.nif

we are installing SFO as per this

skip to STEP 2 working working with SFO,