Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Looking over the Integrated Mods list for LotD:

https://legacy-of-the-dragonborn.wikia.com/wiki/Integrated_Mods

Moonpath to Elsweyr is included. I don't know how up to date that makes it but Is there a reason to install it separately in the guide?

That Wiki is actually written around the Classic Version LOTD; Moonpath to Elsweyr was actually taken out of LOTD SE as a integrated mod but still has support in the Museum that why. It all detailed on the LOTD SSE Page:

Moonpath to Elsweyr removed

In Skyrim Classic, an optimised version of Moonpath to Esweyr by MuppetPuppet was included as part of the main Museum Questline. In SSE there is a new version of Moonpath to Elsweyr being maintained by Illiani which includes improvements that differ from Legacy's original build. To save there being two different versions of the mod in the wild, Moonpath was removed from Legacy SSE but remains a mod with integrated support. If you start your game with both mods installed it'll play through almost exactly as it did in Classic. If not, an alternate quest for the relics found there has been created.

Lexy, how do you guys manage leveled lists in the merged plugins section? For example, weapons and armors merge. If I'm not mistaken, merge plugins standalone doesn't handle leveled lists, so only the last plugin in the merge gets its leveled lists carried? After all the merges are done Wrye Bash does handle merging the leveled lists, but those that don't make it through merge plugins standalone are gone, unless you make a patch to go with the merge manually copying all records into the leveled lists?...

Personally, I always edit my merges in xEdit after to ensure the records I want forwarded are ending up in the merge correctly.

• +1 1

Personally, I always edit my merges in xEdit after to ensure the records I want forwarded are ending up in the merge correctly.

Thanks, I asked this because I'm trying to make an aggressive weapons and armors merge, to reduce esp count and I plan to include the Legacy supported weapons and armors (HA, RA, IW, IA etc...) and the respective patches for Legacy. So before I merge them I wanted to have a look at the leveled lists and make a patch to include last in the merge, adding all relevant records to the leveled lists. After the merge is done I'd let wrye bash do its stuff. I'd only leave out

- Thane Weapons Reborn

- Artifacts of Skyrim

- Aetherium Weapons and Armor

because they have built-in support and if I understand it, the esp needs to be active in your load order when starting a new game for Legacy to add them (I can't use relinker). By the way, if I use a ported version of CCOR and don't use the Cloaks of Skyrim esp, do I lose DBM support for those in the current version of Legacy?

Edited by godescalcus

I asked this because I'm trying to make an aggressive weapons and armors merge, to reduce esp count and I plan to include the Legacy supported weapons and armors (HA, RA, IW, IA etc...) and the respective patches for Legacy. So before I merge them I wanted to have a look at the leveled lists and make a patch to include last in the merge, adding all relevant records to the leveled lists. After the merge is done I'd let wrye bash do its stuff.

Why not merging all the legacy patches together and weapons and armors mods separately as in oldrim's guide? https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn_Merges_Page

Why not merging all the legacy patches together and weapons and armors mods separately as in oldrim's guide? https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn_Merges_Page

As I wrote above, I'm going for an agressive weapons and armors merge, that means I'm trying to include esp's that were not included in the old guide's patch because they were masters of DBM patches. Such as Immersive Weapons, Immersive Armors, Heavy and Royal Armory etc. The caveat is that I have to include the legacy patches for those mods in the weapons merge, not in the separate LOTD patches merge.

Hey guys before you start yelling at me that all NPCs and you are in T-pose I know this is because  Massive NPC Facelift Overhaul SE needs FNIS (don't ask me why an NPC Retexture mod requires FNIS to be run but it does). So if you already have FNIS installed run it and it should be good again.

Also the shiny new NPC Retexture Merge SSE is now available on the nexus page also take note of the LOOT Rule

As I wrote above, I'm going for an agressive weapons and armors merge, that means I'm trying to include esp's that were not included in the old guide's patch because they were masters of DBM patches. Such as Immersive Weapons, Immersive Armors, Heavy and Royal Armory etc. The caveat is that I have to include the legacy patches for those mods in the weapons merge, not in the separate LOTD patches merge.

I see..I've done something similar with weapons and armors..but I merged all legacy patches together (pointing IW,IA,HA,RA, etc to the new Weapons n Armors merge.esp) since I didn't wanted anything to get screwy..(I use MLU, ZiA, etc..)

Hey guys before you start yelling at me that all NPCs and you are in T-pose I know this is because  Massive NPC Facelift Overhaul SE needs FNIS (don't ask me why an NPC Retexture mod requires FNIS to be run but it does). So if you already have FNIS installed run it and it should be good again.

Also the shiny new NPC Retexture Merge SSE is now available on the nexus page also take note of the LOOT Rule

Maybe try this? I used it with WICO..but you can use it with any NPC retexture mod.

Edited by mavanaic

I see..I've done something similar with weapons and armors..but I merged all legacy patches together (pointing IW,IA,HA,RA, etc to the new Weapons n Armors merge.esp) since I didn't wanted anything to get screwy..(I use MLU, ZiA, etc..)

How did you point to the new merge, did you go through the records one by one or is there a script to automate the process?

DarkladyLexy, I was wondering why the FOMOD instructions for [blowing in the Wind] in the main Guide don't include Compatibility Patches for 'Books of Skyrim', 'Expanded Cities and Towns', 'Provincial Courier Service' and 'SMIM-Merged-ALL'.

According to the Mod's Description page and change log:

• The 'Books of Skyrim' patch doesn't need to be converted, since it's only meshes.
  • The 'Expanded Cities and Towns' patch hasn't been converted yet.
  • 'Provincial Courier Service' is not mentioned.
  • The 'SMIM-Merged-ALL' patch has been converted to SSE.
Edited by Decopauge123