Morroblivion Overhaul

Diana_TES_GotH

Wow Diana_TES_GotH, you're really fast :) At this pace you'll surely finish before Christmas :)

I've noticed another thing - Meteor Smash and Mergre Plugins are meant to be installed in Oblivion\TES4Edit, but TES4Edit itself (and couple other things) is installed in Oblivion\xEdit. These mods are separated on purpose? Thank you for pointing that out. These mods utilities are all part of xEdit. I named my folder TES4Edit, so I'll change the instructions that mention xEdit to say TES4Edit. I always keep the most recent files as opposed to allowing everything to be overwritten. I'll make certain to clarify this in the guide as well.

One thing that's holding me right now is installation of Morroblivion Project Release. I'm following the linked guide: in part 3/section 4 we should pick sub-packages - which ones (if any) should i choose? Some of them (i.e. Voiced Conversations) are later installed as separate mod - hence my confusion. I install all of the sub-packages. I'll take a closer look at these instructions. It may be better that I edit the instructions into the guide myself and not link to the Morroblivion - Detailed Installation Instructions site. I believe the Voiced Conversations we install later are some newer files that will over write the original, but I'll give that a closer loos as well.

Also thank you :)  :drool: 

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

This time - section "Morroblivion with Fixes and Improvements" :)

1) "Esp/m Filter: Uncheck" - I've noticed this section in some mods, for example in "MOB_Lost Magic (OBME-based Addon)". My question - is it safe to not include mentioned .esp file in BAIN-repacked archive? It'll be easier for me than to remeber which mods and ESPs turn off at the end.

2) "MOB_No Havok Clutter" and "MOB_Voice Acted Mod" - these mods contain .bsa file - should I extract them and repack? By the way, what is the benefit of extracting and repacking BSAs?

3) "MOB_VWD" - I assume I should repack all 5 folders. Am I correct?

4) Suggestion from beginners point of view - use as little installation instructions in links as possible. I believe this guide is aiming to be easy and hassle-free, so preferred and short installation instruction is very desirable for me :)

5) Is it possible to combine all BOSS userlist.txt tweaks in one place/file?

1) "Esp/m Filter: Uncheck" - I've noticed this section in some mods, for example in "MOB_Lost Magic (OBME-based Addon)". My question - is it safe to not include mentioned .esp file in BAIN-repacked archive? It'll be easier for me than to remeber which mods and ESPs turn off at the end. It is safe to exclude any plugins that will not be activated. It's even safe to exclude the Docs folder and files, however, I like to keep those for reference and repack my mods in such a way it maintains an organized folder when installing with Wrye Bash.

2) "MOB_No Havok Clutter" and "MOB_Voice Acted Mod" - these mods contain .bsa file - should I extract them and repack? By the way, what is the benefit of extracting and repacking BSAs? Yes, I'll try to get on revising those edits later on this evening. We extract BSAs in order to pack them as loose files. Loose files take priority over BSAs. Also, as I continue with the installations of mods, I may notice that a specific file should be removed entirely if it over rides another. If it is packed as a BSA, you will not be able to remove or modify these files.

Again, this is an optional step. If you prefer leave the BSA in tact that is fine. If it is required to be unpacked for editing purposes, I'll make certain to stress this in the instructions.

3) "MOB_VWD" - I assume I should repack all 5 folders. Am I correct? I don't remember having to repack this file, so I'll take a closer look at this. I just selected each option in my Wrye Bash installers pane.

4) Suggestion from beginners point of view - use as little installation instructions in links as possible. I believe this guide is aiming to be easy and hassle-free, so preferred and short installation instruction is very desirable for me :) I'll do my best. Thanks for the suggestion.

5) Is it possible to combine all BOSS userlist.txt tweaks in one place/file? I make a shortcut to the file on my desktop and perform the edits from the easily accessible shortcut. When the guide is complete, I will also provide my own userlist.txt in the Nexus Morroblivion Overhaul Patch Central. I will only upload those files when I feel they are ready for release.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

I just realized I need to clarify something about the BSA files. If it contains more than the meshes and textures folders, you will need to make certain to keep the original BSA in the mod during installation. We're only concerned with making the meshes and textures as loose files. I need to figure out a better way to explain this in the guide.

Or you can optional extract the BSA entirely and repackage all it's files as loose in an archive such as .zip, .7zip, or .rar When mod organizer users follow the guide and extract BSAs, the BSA is unpacked and deleted from the mod, unless they use the Archive tab to extract these files. 

BSA extraction is still a very controversial topic and why I stress it is Optional unless otherwise instructed.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

Revised BAE instructions to stress the above statement for users.

Revised Morroblivion Installations instructions to include which files should be selected for installation.

Revised MOB_VWD to reflect that selection of Sub-Packages is User Preference.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

2) "MOB_No Havok Clutter" and "MOB_Voice Acted Mod" - these mods contain .bsa file - should I extract them and repack? By the way, what is the benefit of extracting and repacking BSAs? "MOB_No Havok Clutter" contains a meshes folder, so I will add the instructions to extract this file. "MOB_Voice Acted Mod" only contains sound files and will be left in tact.

At the end of the installation of all the mods, we will optimize the meshes and textures for better performance. This is another reason that I am extracting those files from the BSAs.

So are you going to add entirely new sections in your guide? I'm asking mostly about parts 'Foundation Graphics', 'Landscape & Environment'  and others below.

So are you going to add entirely new sections in your guide? I'm asking mostly about parts 'Foundation Graphics', 'Landscape & Environment'  and others below.

Yes, I had them filled with Bevilex's Graphics Modlist back in the summer, but took them out because I realized I will have to create patches to make some mods work with the Morrowind worldspace. All of those sections do have a modlist I intend to edit into the guide. The next section for me to revise is the Overhauls, and then I'll move down the list to fill the rest up with the mods I intend to install.

I've finished 'Morroblivion with Fixes and Improvements' section - in BOSS, WB, TES4LodGen everything's looking fine and green - but when I launch Oblivion, after initial loading screen game crashes when progress bar is filled with red :(

Uninstalling Oblivion Reloaded fixes this issue - maybe this has something to do with ini tweaks - which I can't find in either WB nor BethINI or OblivionReloaded.Weather.esp which is not recognized by BOSS and is loaded last.

Framerate outside first town is much better and acceptable :)

Edited by polik1

I've finished 'Morroblivion with Fixes and Improvements' section - in BOSS, WB, TES4LodGen everything's looking fine and green - but when I launch Oblivion, after initial loading screen game crashes when progress bar is filled with red :( It could be that OblivionReloaded.Weather.esp needs to be sorted properly. Try this: open your userlist.txt and add this edit:

ADD: OblivionReloaded.Weather.esp

AFTER: OblivionReloaded.esp

Uninstalling Oblivion Reloaded fixes this issue - maybe this has something to do with ini tweaks - which I can't find in either WB nor BethINI or OblivionReloaded.Weather.esp which is not recognized by BOSS and is loaded last.

Framerate outside first town is much better and acceptable :)

I'm still working on making certain that I'm not skipping any of the more important mods before I get into the Overhauls section. I'll look into the latest version of Oblivion Reloaded to figure out the ini tweaks and try to get them posted by tomorrow. 

I'm also copying over Mator's Oblivion settings for us to use with Mator Smash. The coding is different than the Skyrim settings so I am having to revise those instructions as well.