Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

I Make the conflict patch myself with the help of the guide so that i see what to change and what not, cause I dont use evry mod on the guide

I haven't started the conflict resolution part yet, but ^this^ sounds like my situation. plus I will have other mods that are not in the guide. my thinking would be that you should make the conflict resolution page into a how-to guide with some examples/pictures/videos, but nothing that you would have to keep up-to-date, therefore freeing up your time for other things.

I haven't started the conflict resolution part yet, but ^this^ sounds like my situation. plus I will have other mods that are not in the guide. my thinking would be that you should make the conflict resolution page into a how-to guide with some examples/pictures/videos, but nothing that you would have to keep up-to-date, therefore freeing up your time for other things.

I agree with Daniel I think a how to guide would actually be more useful, there aren't actually many useful Videos on Conflict resolution

Edited by Darth_mathias

Have had a bit of a think about this:

Yes SR:LE is a setup more catered for those with a bit of modding experience and know their way around the tools somewhat. However, you're still going to get people who are new to it all, and maybe who's enthusiasm and confidence in their own ability exceeds their experience having a shot at it.

For that reason, even though it's a lot more work, I'd suggest leaving the conflict resolution page pretty much as it is. You could, and probably should, make the link to downloading the pre-made a little more obvious maybe. 

It's still a very good way to learn what a conflict is and how it can be resolved in it's current format. I think leaving the info where it can be seen and read would give people who are willing to try it a little bit more confidence than just a video or a basic how to guide would.

Of course it's your guide, Neo, and you do with it what you wish. I'm more trying to pre-empt people showing up with issues that they've not fixed properly while trying to do the conflicts themselves, based on misunderstanding a video etc, even if the video's very good.

Alright, so looks like CR staying is the better option despite the added work. Merging will stay where it is as well, just hope the stream of support requests slows down a bit. :)

As for the comments about PerMa in particular: Still don't think it's ready for prime time in the guide. Its still got many unresolved bugs and the compatibility spider web is seemingly atrocious. Wasn't PaMa supposed to reduce the number of patches required? PCaPP is a good resource but damn...

Really think we should have a vote to add this to SR:LE; link. It may be a game changer and we may have to rename the pack to Skyrim Revisited Again: Even more Legendarier Edition (or SRa:EmLE for short)! Who's with me!!!??

Edited by Jverv

Love when ppl do this. Great poking fun at the modding community! My favorite are the people that end up thinking its real in the posts and totally missing the joke. That has to be by far the funniest part!

Not going to lie, I'm cracking myself up in the forum over there.

Edited by Jverv

I read 'no shields in the game' and closed the page. 

Forgetting of course that it's April 1st... Stooged.

I got to the "no shields" point as well and was like "that's stupid, that's not immersive". but I decided to read further and then realized it was a joke. but it's not the 1st here yet, so I didn't make that connection....