Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

Does anyone know how the BOSS sorting function in 3.0.0 beta works? I go into the Metadata Editor, go into the Load After tab and type in the Filename as the .esp, display name at something recognizable (tried the filename there too), but I have no idea what the Condition tab is supposed to include. I tried leaving it blank, but BOSS doesn't sort them as I want it to. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: What I'm trying to do is load SkyFalls + SkyMills etc etc after the other mod, but it doesn't do it.

If you haven't solved it yet, please post a screensot of your BUM settings for that mod so we can easier determine where things go wrong.

Probably OK to use. You will have to check them in TES5Edit for clashes. (The owner does not have any DLCs so that will probably create a bunch of conflicts you will need to patch.) You will also need to be aware of having too many NPCs running too many scripts. You just need to watch your memory and FPS and see what you can get away with. This could quickly get out of hand if you also crank up your ugrids.

You might want to crank the AI up from 20 (to maybe 30 or so) if you add a lot of NPCs so they don't just sit around. (There are now 2 settings in Wrye Bash that control this.)

I have several other NPC mods so am probably not going to use this. OBIS = more bandits, SIC = more monsters, Immersive Patrols, Inconsequential NPCs, Expanded Encounter Zones Dawn of and Expanded Towns and Cities all mean more NPCs.

I have to be very careful, thanks for the heads up.

Guys, is it safe to follow Neo's Skyrim revisited dated 31st of July 2013? https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited

Although the new Legendary one seems more stable, it has much fewer mods that are present in the original guide :(

Another question please, i have reached this part of the guide "Configure Mod Organizer": "Check the box next to the DLC ESMs in the ESPs tab on the Mod Organizer main window":

So under the Plug-ins tab in the right pane, do i click all? meaning the DLC content (dawnguard.esm, Hearthfire.esm and Dragonborn.esm)? what about the highrestexturepacks esps (nothing is mentioned)? 

Do i check the boxes as well in the Archives tab (the BSAs)?

Kindly advise 

Many thanks

I am at the point where I am using gerneratefnis_for_users.exe. I have it running and I clicked the skeleton arm fix like it says. I clicked update fnis behavior and I am waiting like it says. It has been several minutes and this is all that is on the screen

>>: <<

FNIS Behavior V4.1.1 2/15/2014 6:34:31 AM

Skyrim: ??.?? - f:\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim (Steam)

Generator: E:\download\generate fnis

: "SKELETON Arm Fix"

1 .

I checked the overwrite folder and I don't see the files that are supposed to be installed. Anybody have a problem with this or know what to do

Guys, is it safe to follow Neo's Skyrim revisited dated 31st of July 2013? https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited

Although the new Legendary one seems more stable, it has much fewer mods that are present in the original guide :(

Another question please, i have reached this part of the guide "Configure Mod Organizer": "Check the box next to the DLC ESMs in the ESPs tab on the Mod Organizer main window":

So under the Plug-ins tab in the right pane, do i click all? meaning the DLC content (dawnguard.esm, Hearthfire.esm and Dragonborn.esm)? what about the highrestexturepacks esps (nothing is mentioned)? 

Do i check the boxes as well in the Archives tab (the BSAs)?

Kindly advise 

Many thanks

Don't use the old guide, it is largely outdated by now. Use SRLE exclusively. SRLE has instructions for the esps you mentioned.

I am at the point where I am using gerneratefnis_for_users.exe. I have it running and I clicked the skeleton arm fix like it says. I clicked update fnis behavior and I am waiting like it says. It has been several minutes and this is all that is on the screen

>>: <<

FNIS Behavior V4.1.1 2/15/2014 6:34:31 AM

Skyrim: ??.?? - f:\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim (Steam)

Generator: E:\download\generate fnis

I am not sure, but I believe you must install FNIS as a regular mod in MO. It appears you are running it from a another location (download). 

I sounds like you are not running FNIS through Mod Organizer. What you should have done is install FNIS just like any other mod you installed through MO. Then in the right pane of MO select the data tab. Find 'tools' folder near the bottom of the data tab, expand tools, expand GenerateFNIS_for_Users folder, right click GenerateFNISforUsers.exe and select add as executable. FNIS will now be part of your executable menu on the top right side. Select FNIS and run. If done correctly file will appear in your overwrite folder.

Hey Nearox,

"Don't use the old guide, it is largely outdated by now. Use SRLE exclusively. SRLE has instructions for the esps you mentioned."

Actually im following the Legendary Edition for startup, and i see no detailed instruction as to which esp/esm/bsa to enable... I am at the "Configure Mod Organizer" part: "Check the box next to the DLC ESMs in the ESPs tab on the Mod Organizer main window".... Can you please expand/explain what to check?

I wanna follow all of the Legendary's guide, but as i said too many mods are missing compared to the old one... I am worried the final product won't look as good, but still i wanna stick to your advice... i'm kinda confused now...

SRLE looks much betetr than original SR. Gameplay-wise you are not missing out on anything. The amount of mods says little about it. FOr instance, Vivid Landscapes is actually 7 mods in one. 

DLC esms = dawnguard.esm, hearthifres.esm, dragonborn.esm.

In MO, you dont need to check the BSA (just dont touch that window at all).

Hello everyone,

after ignoring Unreal ENB in my last SR builds because of its high requirements I am trying to use it now - it looks just to good. I tried to tweak it a little bit and got 20 FPS more up to the ~50-60 FPS I desire. But I hope somebody can help out with two problems:

1. I have a big frame drop in interiors with sometimes only 30 FPS (which is not enough for me). I narrowed this problem down to ELFX and its strain on shadows: The difference to vanilla is 20 FPS with the ENB (~39 to 58 FPS in Breezehome) and 60 FPS (!) (~140 to 74)  without it. Now I am unsure about the shadow settings in the skyrimprefs.ini that I should change because of the ENB postprocessing. What could save FPS inside and isn't really visible ingame because of the ENB?

2. The dark dungeons of Unreal ENB don't cater to sneak characters because of the great difference in game lighting and what you see - I am lost in the dark while it is actually pretty bright and the NPCs recognize my character without problems. Is there an easy way of changing the ENB settings for interiors or copying certain settings from other presets?

Thanks for any help and the great SR project in general!

SRLE looks much betetr than original SR. Gameplay-wise you are not missing out on anything. The amount of mods says little about it. FOr instance, Vivid Landscapes is actually 7 mods in one. 

Thanks for the swift reply Nearox :) much appreciated.

What about the official high res textures (these are ESP ones) in the plugins tab? do I check them or leave them unchecked?

Thanks for the swift reply Nearox :) much appreciated.

What about the official high res textures (these are ESP ones) in the plugins tab? do I check them or leave them unchecked?

You can find the answer to that in the SRLE guide, in the optimzing bethesda textures section.

If you are running on an SSD and wish to conserve drive space, you may delete HighResTexturePack01.bsa/.esp, HighResTexturePack02.bsa/esp, and HighResTexturePack03.bsa/.esp. To reacquire them at any time use the [Verify integrity of game cache] function from the Steam library options.

You should seriously consider to start over and do the SRLE guide from the very beginning. Follow it to the letter unless you are an advanced user. There are a lot of details which need to match in order to get a well running game.

Also, if you are not running a high-end system, you could choose to put UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true in enblocal.ini and to not install the files under the sectin "ENB Preset Data Files". 

Finally, once you are done with SRLE and verified ingame that everything is working as intended, then you can in almost any case add the mods from the original SR guide if you still wish to do so.

Good luck :)

I sounds like you are not running FNIS through Mod Organizer. What you should have done is install FNIS just like any other mod you installed through MO. Then in the right pane of MO select the data tab. Find 'tools' folder near the bottom of the data tab, expand tools, expand GenerateFNIS_for_Users folder, right click GenerateFNISforUsers.exe and select add as executable. FNIS will now be part of your executable menu on the top right side. Select FNIS and run. If done correctly file will appear in your overwrite folder.
Thank you after following this it works