Sign in to follow this  
Firebolt7

4GB Patch crashes, but NVSE loads fine

Question

I got to the part of the guide where Vault Boy suggests testing the mods (before Gopher's Recon Section) so I did, but the patched FalloutNV.exe crashes after I launch it. I tried loading NVSE to see if that worked, and it did, but no matter how I start FalloutNV.exe it just crashes. Any ideas? And yes, I am calling it in MO, and I've even tried starting through the launcher, and in file explorer, but still nothing.

5 answers to this question

Did you run the patcher as admin as instructed in that mod's description?

No I hadn't, so I just went and fixed it, now it'll launch through file explorer but still crashes when it launches through MO. I even tried going to a vanilla profile to try it there, but it still crashes. It seems to only crash when I launch through MO

Edited by Firebolt7

Be sure to run the game from MO by launching the actual game, FalloutNV, not the NVSE or the game launcher.

EDIT:

Check the install directory of FNV to see if any *.dmp files are created or any other diagnostic files are available, logs or such.

I am launcing FalloutNV.exe from MO, not the launcher or anything else, and there are no diagnostic files of any kind that I can see

Try adding MO to your AV software exclusions list. Assuming the patch was successful and you can call tools like xEdit from MO then I would surmise that your AV is overly cautious about the modified FalloutNV called from MO.