wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

The Overhaul patch is the "Main: Patch" and it does all the heavy lifting. if your not running that then most things will not work as intended. You will have to manually create a merged patch yourself.

If you install take cover and VAFS it does not mean you have to use them in-game they run in the background and only activate if you use the assigned keys.

No you did not miss any thing. The only released newer patch is MODWiki - Worldspace - 204b Patch and MODWiki - ScrapEverything - Patchv2 to help with CTD with scrapping and worldspace patches.

I have not as yet released new patches for the latest versions of some of the mods (I've included info in those particular mods in the list.) the patches are stable with the versions listed in the wiki.

If you install all the patches/mods to an old save the game should play normally. The only issue is some weapons may become broken because of the INNR naming and Constructed objects may disappear.

Can anybody help me?

I have a perfectly fine setup, but for some reason I can't use the save/load preset from the LooksMenu mod and I can't use the features from Place Everywhere mod. I'm using the guide as per 21/11/2016, haven't updated to the latest yet.

Thank you.

Can anybody help me?

I have a perfectly fine setup, but for some reason I can't use the save/load preset from the LooksMenu mod and I can't use the features from Place Everywhere mod. I'm using the guide as per 21/11/2016, haven't updated to the latest yet.

Thank you.

LooksMenu seems to have issues with ModOrganizer. It didn't work for me until I manually installed it into the Fallout 4 folder. Strangely enough, the presets are still kept in ModOrganizer's Overwrite / F4SE folder.

As for Place Everywhere, I have no idea since I don't use it. You might try installing it manually as well, though. Maybe it has something to do with F4SE + ModOrganizer

@Mr777Nick

Are you starting FO4 with F4SE?

F4_SE.jpg

Does your root F4SE root folder have:

f4se_1_8_7.dll

f4se_loader.exe

f4se_steam_loader.dll
(F4SE cannot be installed via MO2 but manually copied into the folder)

@StratDOS

If you use LooksMenu and it places files in the files into the Overwrite folder(saving presets for later use) then you can just copy them into the LooksMenu mod folder after creation. If you update LooksMenu just use the merge option with the new update.

Edited by Gernash

LooksMenu seems to have issues with ModOrganizer. It didn't work for me until I manually installed it into the Fallout 4 folder. Strangely enough, the presets are still kept in ModOrganizer's Overwrite / F4SE folder.

As for Place Everywhere, I have no idea since I don't use it. You might try installing it manually as well, though. Maybe it has something to do with F4SE + ModOrganizer

The other features of LooksMenu work just fine, it just the preset feature that appears greyed out.

A quick look at LooksMenu comment section said that it is because wrong version (or not detected) installation of F4SE.

I tried a few workaround from the internet like placing a downloaded preset on the game folder (manual install) or/and the overwrite folder on MO. Doesn't work, still greyed out. Might try your suggestion to install it manually.

Place Everywhere's author also said the same thing, probably wrong version of F4SE.

@Mr777Nick

Are you starting FO4 with F4SE?

F4_SE.jpg

Does your root F4SE root folder have:

f4se_1_8_7.dll

f4se_loader.exe

f4se_steam_loader.dll

(F4SE cannot be installed via MO2 but manually copied into the folder)

@StratDOS

If you use LooksMenu and it places files in the files into the Overwrite folder(saving presets for later use) then you can just copy them into the LooksMenu mod folder after creation. If you update LooksMenu just use the merge option with the new update.

Yep, it's all in the game folder. I can't save preset though as it is greyed out.

Any ideas?

You probably already seen this but at least for me when I running Workshop rearranged and Valdacil's Item Sorting only (Tested with both a full mod order and only these two mods with the prerequisites to have these mods working), and have Workshop rearranged be loaded after the sorting esp, it changes the sorting and removes the tags of a lot of items, if not all. Having the Valdacil's Item Sorting Esp after changes this. In your load order you have on the page, workshop rearranged is loaded almost last. So following your load order, my guess is that the tags are not working. Could be wrong though, if your patch is fixing this. 

So my question is really whether Workshop Rearranged shouldn't be loaded higher up on the list or if Valdacil's Item Sorting esp should be lower down in the load order. 

-Edit-

After checked the workshop page on nexus, he writes furthest down in the compatibility list, that the mod overwrites any mod that sorts the junk items, which is the problem I was having. Question remains still. 

Great work on the page, I don't want to be all negative after all. Looking forward to the new patch. Must imagine its a lot of work to get it running, since its a complete rewrite. 

Edited by Marayoor

@Marayoor - Workshop Rearranged - Valdacils Item Sorting Patch takes care of that.  Not sure if Gernash's CR does as I don't use it.

Question for anyone - when I load my plugins in xEdit it tosses me all kinds of errors in 3DNPC - FO4.esp & Atomic Radio.esp;

Tales from the Commonwealth
[00:58] Background Loader: Error: record INFO contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord TPIC 43495054
[00:58] Background Loader: Errors were found in: [iNFO:88035356] ('Jack approached me about a year ago, told me he was my long lost twin brother. It was a surprise to say the least.' in GRUP Topic Children of [DIAL:8803DFE6])
[00:58] Background Loader: Contained subrecords: ENAM TPIC PNAM GNAM TRDA NAM1 NAM2 NAM3 NAM4 NAM9 CTDA CTDA CTDA CTDA NAM0 INAM 

Atomic Radio
[01:01] Background Loader: Error: record INFO contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord TPIC 43495054
[01:01] Background Loader: Errors were found in: [iNFO:A200101C] ('Morning Show 01A Cartoon Cat and Dog' in GRUP Topic Children of [DIAL:A2001021])
[01:01] Background Loader: Contained subrecords: ENAM TPIC PNAM GNAM TRDA NAM1 NAM2 NAM3 NAM4 NAM9 CTDA CIS2 CTDA CTDA ANAM TIQS NAM0 INAM 

I don't believe this is a load order/conflict issue?  But I'm not versed enough with xEdit to know what's going on here.