wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

fPlayerDisableSprintingLoadingCellDistance=0 fixes sprint bug i.e. you can't run in some places also if you run around scrapped areas the terrain vanishes

I have used spring cleaning have it at the very very top above everything else

if you delete a vanilla building the original 'ground' navmesh remains the visability i.e what you see lighting and weather effects are generated off this mesh so you get oddities not ctd.

navmesh issues are when you have a mod like 3Dnpc + BTI in the same area and cell 1 from BTI thinks vanilla mesh is in cell 2 but 3DNPC is there and then you CTD when stepping over this "edge"

Adding objects in settlements the Navmeshes "weld" together they are special zones

precombined:

you have object 1+2+3+4+5= Precombined 1

you scrap object 3 say a rock then run through that area the game renders the precombined and you step on the scraped "rock" you will either be standing in mid air or in the place where the rock was.

If you save the game inside this "rock' and try to load the game it will CTD as it cannot workout how you are inside the terrain as the game still sees the precombined 1st not your save.

IF you scrap too much the game get's unstable and saving inside vaults or instances seems to be the only reliable way to keep a save.

Scrap mods remove the precombined objects from the worldspace in some areas so you can remove stuff (this causes performance issues) as the game is continously rendering on the fly so much so that it can just CTD due to Pre vis being rendered from defunct navmeshes from scrapped objects.

FO4 game engine (in my limited understanding) when you have a broken area goes into failsafe mode. this then calculates everything from scratch (60fps down to 20fps) if it encounters an error you will see it in the papyrus logs if the error is critical then CTD with no warning.

Most Scrap mods rely on the FO4 Failsafe to function and in most cases (Not All) scrapping large objects causes cell reset as well. You will read around they Cell reset has been "fixed" a few patches ago that is only the Failsafe rendering is more hard core nothing has been fixed in my understanding just better sticky tape and glue.

Oh disable Fallout 4 HD Reworked Project Revised

it's method of applying objects may/will be causing you issues (deletes all precombines in a zone where there is an object it replaces.)

I've been using it to try and break the game so I can fix navmesh issues as I go.

IF you use BTI and 3DNpc just go to university point I have not uploaded the fix for that yet you will see navmesh CTD there you can exit the zone but not enter it from the west entrance also to the south there are floaty/invisible objects

I run spring cleaning, and the compat patch at the top of my load order along with Quest mods, I was and still might be getting 5-15minute crashes in game, most of them happen in city areas which makes sense as there is more spawns and objects happening I suppose.

I have combinedobjects=1 in my INI file because that is meant to help with performance. Its a on going process for me solving CTD issues, lately MO2 has been falling over in the background causing the game to crash itself, then other times I will scratch my head with these random CTD issues.

As for your question, again try the spring cleaning compat patch as he removes the combined objects for build areas, however I don't know how stable it is, still forever testing...

What I'm getting from this is that I can, in fact, have my cake and eat it, too.  I just have to make trade-offs.

So, I should probably delete 3dNPC, plus any Worldspace mods not on your list.  I should load Spring Cleaning high (like right after the unofficial patch?), and then think twice before I use to remove anything large.  Doing so will result in culling issues.  And think twice before removing anything that might affect pathing, because it will eventually result in a bad save.  And do not remove anything in a settlement that Spring Cleaning decided not to make scrappable.  There was probably a reason for that.

And do more saves outside my settlements, or in instances, because they are more likely to not be corrupted.

And, finally, accept that crashes are going to happen, and the more things I scrap, the more often they'll happen.  That sound about right?

Thanks for all the info, Gernash.

As for your question, again try the spring cleaning compat patch as he removes the combined objects for build areas, however I don't know how stable it is, still forever testing...

I'll give that a shot.  Should at least take care of the culling issues in settlements.

bUseCombinedObjects=0 is what you need that makes 3rd party mods meshes work in game it's REQUIRED so is 

fPlayerDisableSprintingLoadingCellDistance=0 this only activates in broken areas it's a ingame bug fix

removing 3dNPC will resolve some of the issues (Mainly navmesh CTD) only if it crosses paths with other mods. If I new what mods you were using I could make a mashup for them.

Spring cleaning AT the very very top the 1st mod 

anything that overwrites it is a good thing. DO not patch for it.

if you want 99% stability use bPreCulledObjectsEnabled=0 BUTBUTBUTBUT you will have micro loads ALLLLL the time and it will make you HULK levels of mad.

@c0c0c0 yes your procedure is correct if you want to do massive settlement work. also run from settlement and save do not fast travel as that can cause CTD on 1st save.

• +1 1

Cake mmm I like cake.

My intent, in the future, is to have many more world space mods mashed together but I have not "reviewd" many. My be all end all resolution is to regenerate the World with the mods added the "patch" will be 10-20Gb in size and will function seamlessly.

I'll also add a vial scrapping patch for settlements.

To do this I've had to update the puter as it take alot to generate the information.

So that will be happening today/tomorrow then I'll be searching for cool stuff to include as adding 1 extra mods = 2-4hrs of rendering if in multiple zones.

So it will be more of a cake bath of chocolaty goodness but will be unusable for anyone adding more worldspace mods to it.

What will happen is the world space section with just be BTI and there will be an addon section for World space overhauls for each Zone i.e.

Worldspace

Diamond city

Goodfellow

etc

Genie Limitations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB1oTrDyu-c

Edited by Gernash

removing 3dNPC will resolve some of the issues (Mainly navmesh CTD) only if it crosses paths with other mods. If I new what mods you were using I could make a mashup for them.

Errr....Both the Navmesh patch AND the CORE patch require 3DNPC_FO4. 

Here's my current mod list.  Still working on the order.

https://pastebin.com/NAZniteY

Edited by c0c0c0

Yep I know.

The World space section was initially created when when I was full of hopes and dreams now that i'm more jaded I'll be culling that section so there are less issues/work for me.

So the next Wiki update will be a cut down of the world space in that section and I'll do Diamond City to start I think (problem is there are heaps of mods they are just starting out so I can't go to crazy.)

You can patch it out yourself of just wait (I'll have it out over the week end I think, unless IRL happens)

you shouldn't need ssex if you do put it at the top of the settlement mods and let everything overwrite it.

hangmansalleypatch.esp above WIKI Patches but Below 3DNPC

Not sure about the scrap mod patch at the bottom can you link the mod itself

I'd say you will need to have it before worldspace as it will overwrite the NO PRE VIS in the patch for combined objects for BTI and other Worldspace mods

The WIKI world space PAtch removes small precombined but leaved the large meshes and Animation in place. so it's similar to a Scrap patch. You will just not be able to delete large objects that cause issues.

only 1 of these below the other ones 

1. NAC-PRC Nucleartime.esp
  2. NAC-PRC Summertime.esp
  3. NAC-PRC Wintertime.esp
Edited by Gernash

Not sure about the scrap mod patch at the bottom can you link the mod itself

That's actually part of Spring Cleaning, itself.  I drug it up top with its parent.

only 1 of these below the other ones 

Good catch!

Thanks for the review.