wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

I'd wait till the next version of Diamond City as there seems to a removal of a dependency that was used as a  mesh edit. (Might be what people are posting odd issues about on their forums) But it does look great and will be most likey added to the world space mods.

Yea that look more like my taste in green. I don't want play in a big jungle. The world should look a bit dying but trying to rebuild it self. 

Not sure if its wise to wait with the other interior mod as well, as he hints he/she wants to release a V3 of the mod. Might be interesting to wait until then with it. I bet you have enough on your plate anyway :P 

The way Nature took over Chernobyl in les than 30yrs, I live my Commonwealth green, but dried from still existing radiations
What l00ping suggest in the PRC page is what suits my taste the best

♦ Vivid textures (landscape & trees rocks: best choice version),
♦ Tookie's Textures-Grass and Plants, (let it overwrite)
♦ Grassland healthy performance, (let it overwrite)
♦ Lush landscape Dried version, (overwrite Grassland and load Dried.esp after it)
♦ Commonwealth Conifers Redux. (let overwrite everything)
♦ PRC with Natural and Atmospheric Commonwealth PRC edition

but to each its own Commonwealth ;)

@Gernash
What is tha Diamond City mod you're talking about ?
I use DiamondCityPlus for The City and AWARHERO's Great Green Jewel for its interior cells
No problem so far

There are a few Diamond city overhauls out there I will include them as I go but some of the mods in the Wiki add NPC's so I have to check what their patrol is so they don't turn into potatoes.

Diamond city expansion https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21853/? was the one that was linked. (basically if I do one I'll DL the different ones and have  play)

Has anyone played with alternate start mods?

I'm looking at https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18946/? Start me up anyone have opinions?

Also started Gunner overhauls.

I'm playing with "Start Me Up".  Totally changes the tenor of the game, not being tied up in Nate's parental drama.  I like the one where you play another resident of vault 111 because the normal dialog still makes sense.  The mod author does a good job of remixing the in-game audio to handle things like  Codsworth's initial greeting (Codsworth stays the same but you plainly suspect he's damaged).

Is anyone aware of a FO4 Map with Block and Sub-Block co-ords?

example of issue: entering University point from 1 direction causes CTD but you can exit and there is no issue and from any other direction it's fine. I'd like to have a map grid with the references without having to use the CK and be able to examine the Subblock for any obvious issues.

THE RABBIT HOLE

So, I've been playing a little with the CK. I've asked around the place for a GURU to explain the ways if the force but so far no go. Enter the Chuck Norris approach....

Precombination, Previs and NavMeshes

This is where the Willy Wonka's umpa lumpa live. I've been successful(To an extent) in combining a couple of zones (Combat Zone and Concord) for testing. I've been able to marry up 3+ WorldSpace mods into a single precombined mesh and being able to run ingame without the use of fPlayerDisableSprintingLoadingCellDistance=0 (using default fPlayerDisableSprintingLoadingCellDistance=4096) this seems to have brought my frames up from 12-25 fps in these dead zones to 25-50fps (I've ordered a new motherboard, as I think my Graphics card is to clever for itself and is throttling itself down.)

At this point, I'm assuming, people who don't fps dip at say, the Red Rocket "Should" Keep that frame rate in both test zones. the only problem I have is when a precombined mesh becomes unraveled and you need to use the sprint fix (fPlayerDisableSprintingLoadingCellDistance=0) then the base object in say a building shows through it's texture and causes a flicker. I'm unsure if I'm supposed to Hide the Base object (this does resolve the issue but I'm unsure of any consequence.) This flicker persists when I recombine the nif (unless the base object is hidden). Also I've noticed fps increase if base objects are hidden, I'm assuming at this point the 2x the objects are being rendered via the Previs from the precombined visibility generated from the CK.

I'll play with it for a few more hours and upload an APLHA patch if your willing to try (It has not potato'd my saves in fact I can save in those altered zones as per normal even in Power armor without getting trapped inside.)

This is mostly a ramble for myself but you never know someone might read it and give them a eureka moment.

OK I'm Up Loading MODWiki-Navmesh-Patch v2.2.0 ALPHA TEST

It is not optimized for size sorry 260mb

change to fPlayerDisableSprintingLoadingCellDistance=4096

this is only Concord. The Quarry will CTD

the buildings above concord are included and RR

What I'm looking for:

FPS Feedback

Lighting and sound

Glitches (Flashing texture, artifacting etc)

(I know about the door at the back of the place but that is how that mod is)

Personally I noticed a FPS increase. Lighting and Fog effects working as intended. i.e. church with rain transition space, fog with front of Subway

Also you can shoot through the new buildings now and hit stuff (used to hit an invisible wall)

Please tell me if you spot anything. I'll be working on better process so the patches are smaller

the little bit I edited is here. I used 3 different techniques throughout the area to test how they work and affect the game and worldspace in Fo4Edit

scale_of_edits.jpg

Edited by Gernash

yes, workshop rearranged moves a lot of the objects around the decoration menu into logical folders, are you using an old save? missing folders? then you may need to recover/rebuild your menu.

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Gernash/MODWiki_Settlements

No, I started a new game off of this build out, although I've added a handful of additional mods since then.  Don't think I'm missing folders - I did a re-install of the mod just to be sure.  I have all the esps.  Am I even looking in the right place?  Should it be on the main build menu, at the end?

I'll try that link.

Wait - doesn't this only fix the default categories?  I have all that.  I'm just missing OCDecorator.  At least I think I am.  I can't find it.  And I'm an OCD Decorator, so I need it.

Edited by c0c0c0