HD Enhanced Terrain (by Hritik Vaishnav)

Neovalen

Discussion thread:
HD Enhanced Terrain by Hritik Vaishnav
Wiki Link

- This mod gives a more detailed "grass-like" effect to terrain at long-distance (hence the increased noise) and contains higher-resolution detail.
- Texture size is double that of OpticShooter's original terrain enhancement at 2048x2048 pixels.
- Adds a more rugged-look to Skyrim's vistas.
- No noticeable hit to performance or frame-rate drop.
- Simply install as you would any other texture replacement.

I haven't taken detailed screenshots but there are multiple video's, etc on the authors page. This one looks pretty good I have to say... EDT is a little "flat", this one adds some noise so you can imagine grass being there.
_____
Testing thread

This mod is already in STEP and has a thread in section G of Mod Anthology. The purpose of this testing is to determine whether STEP should use the older version of the texture from this mod, currently in STEP, or use the texture from one of the two newer versions (a Blended version and a Lush version). The newer versions have been preferred over the older version in the posts on the Nexus page for this mod.

As mentioned in the Mod Anthology thread, the "noise" texture in this mod (the mod provides a single texture) gives a more detailed "grass-like" effect to terrain at long-distance (hence the increased noise) and contains higher-resolution detail.

To do the selection we will need comparison screenshots at some representative locations in Skyrim.
Re-assessment of Options for STEP
(fGrassStartFadeDistance =25000.0000)

HDET Pro Blended HDET Pro Lush HDET v8 (previous version)
HDET%20Pro%20blended.jpgHDET%20Pro%20Lush.jpgHDET%20v8.jpg

EDT - Earth (current STEP)
EDT%20Earth.jpg

More info about lower settings on this post

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by the videos that's quite an improvement. The landscape LODs have always been rather lacking, especially compared to the awesome work in all the various texture mods for objects and other stuff viewed up close. These look a lot more natural and not just painted grass color.

Hodilton also does a very good job with those comparison videos, we should recruit him to make some for STEP v2.2.1 :D

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

New version is up.

Posted Image

(caps are from the author...)

-THE NEW VERSION "PRO" IS MADE TO PROVIDE THE BEST QUALITY AND MORE DETAIL .

-THE TEXTURES ARE 2K , AND I WILL ALSO RECOMMENDED THE 2K TEXTURES ONLY AS THEY WILL GIVE YOU BEST QUALITY AND BETTER DETAIL

-I HAD PROVIDED ONLY 2K TEXTURES BECAUSE BOTH 1K AND 2K TEXTURES ARE GIVING NO PERFORMANCE LOSS , BUT 1K TEXTURES WILL DEGRADE THE QUALITY

-I HOPE THE NEW VERSION WILL REPLACE THE PREVIOUS VERSION FROM YOUR NMM

-INSTALLATION IS SIMPLE AS PREVIOUS (USE NMM)

-THEIR IS NO NEED OF ANY OTHER MOD

-AS I HAD SAID ABOVE THEIR IS NO PERFORMANCE LOSS (EVEN NOT ON GRAPHIC CARD LIKE 8400 GS)

ABOUT THE TWO VERSIONS-

--BLENDED VERSION- THIS VERSION WILL GIVE YOU THE BEST QUALITY AND DETAIL AT MAXIMUM BLENDING

--LUSH VERSION- THIS VERSION WILL GIVE YOU THE MAXIMUM EFFECT WITH A BIT LESS BLENDING (NOT EASILY NOTICEABLE) .

ALSO HAVE A LOOK ON MY RECENT TOP IMAGE-MIGRATION

**FURTHER NEW VERSION IS IN MAKING WHICH WILL MAKE THE DISTANT TERRAIN COMPLETELY AWESOME WITH DISTANT LANDSCAPE TEXTURE BEING REPLACED.....ENJOY SKYRIM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Also, STEP has both this mod ánd 'Enhanced Distant Terrain' https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1598/? marked as STEP:CORE. However, both mods provide the same texture and therefore the other mod becomes redundant. 

The map snow that used to be included has been moved to https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29877//?. Recommend we do an additional compare of EDT vs new version. SR has been updated to use "Blended" PRO and "Type 2" map snow.

I didn't know it had moved to there and I already had gone back to installing the old enahnced terrain and map snow before I saw this. Thank you for that link. 

Yeah, I agree with Z that the new Enhanced Terrain v2 looks really good. The lush version is a bit more extravagant than the blended, but the former still looks very natural - especially when combined with SFO 1.87 (1.85 looks better with the blended version imo).