Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD v2.16

sheson

Question

DynDOLOD 2.16 condensed update post - See Full update post

Slightly changed update instructions:

Remove DynDOLOD Resources Core Files Textures (or simply all files) if updating Core Files from an older version to a newer DynDOLOD Resources.

All other update instructions are still the same, so please refer to the full update post if updating from older versions.

Changes in generation instructions

Whenever running TexGen.exe it is now recommended to first remove earlier generated LOD textures for best results. TexGen.exe will prompt a self-explanatory message if it finds older files so you I do not accidentally forget.

More Ultra Trees available

There are now additional ultra trees included in DynDOLOD Resources Core Files for Realistic Aspen Trees and Enhanced Landscapes Oaks installation option and Enhanced Landscapes Oaks Standalone courtesy of kojak747. Also check out Enhanced Vanilla Trees from Some_Random_Guy_83  which now has ultra tree support. At lot of work goes into creating ultra trees, but as ultra tree users know, they are totally worth it. So please endorse and let authors know your appreciation if you use their ultra trees.

Refer to ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html for more information

Enderal

Check out some boring screenshots for HQ terrain, low, medium and high settings. The total conversion has much nicer views to offer, but I do not want to spoil your discoveries.

It is highly advised to have installed and successfully used DynDOLOD with Skyrim first, so below instructions can be applied to Enderal without confusion.

While Enderal has its own launcher, it is suggested to use a mod manager with a different profile to be able to setup, generate and use DynDOLOD safely just like you would with Skyrim. As always, instructions are general and the user is expected to apply them to the mod manager of their choice.

Enderal ships with SKSE and PapyrusUtil 2.8. DynDOLOD Papyrus scripts now work with any PapyrusUtil version >= 2.8, so there is no need to update PapyrusUtil.

Generating LOD with low preset could gain some FPS because a good number of Neverfades is converted to static LOD.

See ../DynDOLOD/Docs/DynDOLOD_Manual.html#13c Enderal section for more detailed instruction and a little bit more information.

The quick run down for experienced users:

• Install the DynDOLOD Resources 2.16 Core Files. If desired install Low-Res LOD Textures, Desync Birds of Prey or Giantfires Low from the optionals. Obviously do not install any of the other options intended for Skyrim.
  • install the Enderal LOD tree billboards from TES5LODGen overwriting the vanilla LOD tree billboards of your choice.
  • Install the optional HQ terrain LOD from DynDOLOD Patches. It is not required. It's performance impact should be minimal / non-existent on modern hardware. You should do this before generating LOD with DynDOLOD.
  • Run TexGen.exe and install output as normal.
  • Run DynDOLOD.exe and install output as normal.

Ich rauch' jetzt erstmal eine schöne Pfeife Friedenskraut. Wenn das Zeug nur nicht so teuer wäre.

See Full update post for full changelog, fully detailed update instructions and updated compatibility information for Skyrim mods.

If you are generating ultra trees, then DynDOLOD creates an empty Tamriel.lst to disable all traditional tree LOD. Do not overwrite the *.lst file.

All trees will then be done with static object LOD. You still need to install all billboards as you would for traditional tree LOD.

If the mesh rule is Static LOD4 / Billboard / Billboard, the static object LOD level 8 and 16 will use the installed billboards and automatically create the 2D X that looks and behaves like traditional tree LOD. The billboards will also be used for any trees that have no Static LOD4 hybrid model (unless you set fallback in the ini to use full model)

For vanilla trees, Realistic Aspen Trees and the Enhanced Landscape Oaks / Standalone the Static LOD4 hybrid model are included and should automatically be used.

For EVT you need to install the Static LOD4 hybrid model from its archive matching the full installation option.

When generating LOD, the log will print a message that it falls back to billboard in case it encounters a tree that has no Static LOD4 hybrid model installed.

I see,  but the issue is that, realistic aspen trees files, included with EVT, are neither generating  hybrid models or using billboards lod, but the files are there, but it's like they are ignored.

I just have plain vanilla aspen trees and I don't understand why, but only lod4 ones, lod8 and 16 are fine, may it be TreeFullFallBack=0 or TreeFullFallBack=1 the result is the same.

Well I guess i'll just stay like this :S

If the error is repeatable, look up what nif file the base form id references and make sure the file exits in the load order.

If it is Meshes\lod\mine\minewoodplanks01_lod_0.nif then reinstall DynDOLOD Resources - Core Files.

I fixed it. I was naming DynDOLOD Resources just "DynDOLOD". It didn't know where to look for anything.

I have everything in place and when I run Texgen everything runs through it's paces and the exit/check log/restart sign comes up and I hit exit. The panel said it was successful and the script self terminated but on opening the Dyndolod folder there is never an output folder with the texture folder inside. I have run it 7 or 8 times with the same non results. Any ideas?

Hey Sheson,

Since the English version of Enderal is out, I decided to give it a go.

In MO, I installed DynDOLOD Resources, only checking the Desync Birds option. I installed the TES5LODGen Vanilla Billboards and the Enderal billboards. I then installed the DynDOLOD Patch for Enderal.

MO does not have archive management enabled. The Skyrim BSAs are backdated.

[spoiler=Archives List]Skyrim - Misc.bsa
Skyrim - Shaders.bsa
Skyrim - Textures.bsa
Skyrim - Interface.bsa
Skyrim - Animations.bsa
Skyrim - Meshes.bsa
Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
EEN - MeshesLOD.bsa
EEN - Meshes.bsa
EEN - Music.bsa
EEN - Scripts.bsa
EEN - SoundFX.bsa
EEN - SoundVoice.bsa
EEN - SoundExtra.bsa
EEN - Textures1.bsa
EEN - Textures2.bsa
EEN - Textures3.bsa
Skyrim - Voices.bsa
Update.bsa

I ran TexGen...no problem after I realized I needed to replace the MO .ini files with the Enderal generated ones in My Documents so that the Enderal BSAs would be added to the ResourceArchiveLists. I removed the DynDOLOD temp folder from MO overwrite. I then ran DynDOLOD (twice, because I forgot to add the TexGen Output to MO the first time :-P). No obvious errors at the end.

However, I like to look at the logs to see what they say. I noticed that a few resources weren't found, which seemed a little odd, seeing as the only mods I have added for Enderal are the ones listed above for DynDOLOD. What really struck me as odd though, was DynDOLOD occasionally mentioned "No WRLD record. Need help!". It didn't spit out a big error at the end, but it seemed odd enough that I wanted to ask you about it.

See attached.

TES5Edit_log.txt

I see,  but the issue is that, realistic aspen trees files, included with EVT, are neither generating  hybrid models or using billboards lod, but the files are there, but it's like they are ignored.

I just have plain vanilla aspen trees and I don't understand why, but only lod4 ones, lod8 and 16 are fine, may it be TreeFullFallBack=0 or TreeFullFallBack=1 the result is the same.

Well I guess i'll just stay like this :S

Check the log for such messages about not finding a hybrid tree. Most likely the hybrids are not for the full model aspen trees you have installed.

EVT has a small and large installation option for example, so you need to make sure to install the correct LOD resources matching that.

I have everything in place and when I run Texgen everything runs through it's paces and the exit/check log/restart sign comes up and I hit exit. The panel said it was successful and the script self terminated but on opening the Dyndolod folder there is never an output folder with the texture folder inside. I have run it 7 or 8 times with the same non results. Any ideas?

It will generate to the output folder that was in the interface. The end log of the log will have a message saying

"Copy textures from xxx to game directory or to a new mod."

Where xxx is the location of the files it generated.

Edited by sheson

Good evening, 

I'm experiencing an error in unit 'userscript'. For what it's worth, I've successfully used DynDOLOD in the past. I'm experiencing this as part of the Skyrim Revisited guide. If you could help me diagnose, I would be grateful

https://pastebin.com/zU1R2bnP

Looks like the Skyrim.ini is broken and doesn't contain

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

The log doesn't show Skyrim - Textures.bsa is loaded and consequently the tool can not find the source textures. That is why it reports all the file not found errors. Turn off MO archive management.

Hey Sheson,

Since the English version of Enderal is out, I decided to give it a go.

In MO, I installed DynDOLOD Resources, only checking the Desync Birds option. I installed the TES5LODGen Vanilla Billboards and the Enderal billboards. I then installed the DynDOLOD Patch for Enderal.

MO does not have archive management enabled. The Skyrim BSAs are backdated.

[spoiler=Archives List]Skyrim - Misc.bsa

Skyrim - Shaders.bsa

Skyrim - Textures.bsa

Skyrim - Interface.bsa

Skyrim - Animations.bsa

Skyrim - Meshes.bsa

Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

EEN - MeshesLOD.bsa

EEN - Meshes.bsa

EEN - Music.bsa

EEN - Scripts.bsa

EEN - SoundFX.bsa

EEN - SoundVoice.bsa

EEN - SoundExtra.bsa

EEN - Textures1.bsa

EEN - Textures2.bsa

EEN - Textures3.bsa

Skyrim - Voices.bsa

Update.bsa

I ran TexGen...no problem after I realized I needed to replace the MO .ini files with the Enderal generated ones in My Documents so that the Enderal BSAs would be added to the ResourceArchiveLists. I removed the DynDOLOD temp folder from MO overwrite. I then ran DynDOLOD (twice, because I forgot to add the TexGen Output to MO the first time :-P). No obvious errors at the end.

However, I like to look at the logs to see what they say. I noticed that a few resources weren't found, which seemed a little odd, seeing as the only mods I have added for Enderal are the ones listed above for DynDOLOD. What really struck me as odd though, was DynDOLOD occasionally mentioned "No WRLD record. Need help!". It didn't spit out a big error at the end, but it seemed odd enough that I wanted to ask you about it.

See attached.

That is a really old safety message. Thanks for letting me know. I am still downloading and will check myself.

The result should be fine for now and fully usable.

I carefuly chose every option for large rat 3d folders and such.

Welp can't be helped I guess..

Last question, I don't wanna 3d aspen trees but only for others.

I manually added rules for

1. aspentrees01.nif 
  2. aspentrees02.nif
  3. ...
  4. aspentrees06.nif                            

on top of "trees" rule while selecting billboard for each lod, is it the proper way ?

the order is like MO from bottom to top it won't get overwritten by trees rule ? Thanks.

I carefuly chose every option for large rat 3d folders and such.

Welp can't be helped I guess..

Last question, I don't wanna 3d aspen trees but only for others.

I manually added rules for

1. aspentrees01.nif 
  2. aspentrees02.nif
  3. ...
  4. aspentrees06.nif                            

on top of "trees" rule while selecting billboard for each lod, is it the proper way ?

the order is like MO from bottom to top it won't get overwritten by trees rule ? Thanks.

Rules are processed top to bottom, so "aspentrees" rule above will take precedence over "trees" rule below.

AFAIK the LOD archive of EVT has hybrids for all its full model trees from the main download. I suggest to investigate/fix the installation problem instead.

Edit: I tested a couple different installation EVT options and installed content from Billboard archive as well and so far the included RAT aspen trees always had nice hybrid tree LODs. So I am not sure how you end up without them.

Edited by sheson

Check the log for such messages about not finding a hybrid tree. Most likely the hybrids are not for the full model aspen trees you have installed.

EVT has a small and large installation option for example, so you need to make sure to install the correct LOD resources matching that.

It will generate to the output folder that was in the interface. The end log of the log will have a message saying

"Copy textures from xxx to game directory or to a new mod."

Where xxx is the location of the files it generated.

I removed everything and put it back again,stopping the video every few moments  to assure the new method (I've used Dyndolod for some time in its xedit lifeform) of installation was correct. Ran TexGen.....again no output folder is created in the archive. Twice more and still no output.  It says it does and successfully so. I have my game in programs 86, I've never had an admin problem with Dyndolod before and no objection is made by Windows. NMM names the 2.161 resource as 2.15 for some reason. I don't know what I have missed...........

I removed everything and put it back again,stopping the video every few moments  to assure the new method (I've used Dyndolod for some time in its xedit lifeform) of installation was correct. Ran TexGen.....again no output folder is created in the archive. Twice more and still no output.  It says it does and successfully so. I have my game in programs 86, I've never had an admin problem with Dyndolod before and no objection is made by Windows. NMM names the 2.161 resource as 2.15 for some reason. I don't know what I have missed...........

I have no idea what you mean by ... "created in the archive". TexGen does not create or updates an archive. It creates files in the chosen output path.

Make sure not to install DynDOLOD into programs folder.

Other users had lots of trouble with the game in the programs folder too. It is recommended not to have the game installed in the programs folder.

Try running the tools as administrator.

TexGen log tells you the output path where it creates the files. Twice:

[00:00:03.602]    DynDOLOD TexGen 2.15 (1) by Sheson, starting...

[00:00:03.615]    

[00:00:00.001]    Output path XXX

00:01:28.843]    Copy textures from XXX to game directory or to a new mod.

If it finished without error ("Completed successfully" at the end of the log), go to the output path XXX and to find the textures TexGen.exe generated.

Hello i have a problem with the TexGen.exe

it don´t find my texture files

but i tried to install it after the GamerPoets viedeo so i unselect the archive from mo and started the texgen from mo but i get the message:

Exception in unit  line -1: Error in unit 'userscript' on line 608 : Record, object or class type required

https://pastebin.com/Js4WeGNe

i like to have help for the error

Edited by Dragot

Hello i have a problem with the TexGen.exe

it don´t find my texture files

but i tried to install it after the GamerPoets viedeo so i unselect the archive from mo and started the texgen from mo but i get the message:

Exception in unit  line -1: Error in unit 'userscript' on line 608 : Record, object or class type required

https://pastebin.com/Js4WeGNe

i like to have help for the error

Check this answer a couple posts up

Why do so many people have a broken Skyrim.ini missing the [Archive] entry?

Edited by sheson