SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Okay, I do actually pay attention to it for my playthrough so is there any harm in not removing it gameplay wise? Or is it one of those you might break something if you don't affair?

well as far a i know if your going to keep the frostfall addon you to stick with SkyUI - show armor slots - updated v2.33 which is in the older versions on the mod page.

and you will need the frostfall patch from my dropbox.

Again, i'm sorry to contradict you, I use crash fixes Beta 4 since many build and it doesn't induce CTD when you use or not use this option.

(As i said before, one of my pc use it, the other one not, and the two use same crash fixes version)

You can contradict me all you like, doesn't change the fact that beta 4/release has a ctd bug in the custom block allocator. It wasn't even me that found it, it was HiShutUp who mentioned it in his "pretty much vanilla skyrim" guide published in the step wiki. However, I'm not doubting that you are not encountering the conditions to trigger it might well be true though.

So... Is the Skyui show armor slots worth it? It appears to be causing more problems than it solves.

How do we check on warmth and coverage without the Frostfall Skyui plugin?

basically you can't the only way is to use version 2.33 of Skyui show armor slots and the Frostfall patch frm my dropbox. No I did not create the patch I cannot update haven't got a Scooby Doo how to do it. So unless someone else does it we're stuck.

As i have said I realized I don't pay attention to the warmth and coverage from Frostfall but the Skyui show armor slots it i think more useful and I pay more attention to them so that is that.

I knew this would cause drama bet you all missed me creating drama with my decisions.

basically you can't the only way is to use version 2.33 of Skyui show armor slots and the Frostfall patch frm my dropbox. No I did not create the patch I cannot update haven't got a Scooby Doo how to do it. So unless someone else does it we're stuck.

As i have said I realized I don't pay attention to the warmth and coverage from Frostfall but the Skyui show armor slots it i think more useful and I pay more attention to them so that is that.

I knew this would cause drama bet you all missed me creating drama with my decisions.

Not drama Lexy, we realize the guide is how you and Darth like to play the game (much like I didn’t like vivid weathers and vividian so I switched to Rudy and Nlva) , I was purely looking for a way to keep the numbers I like to refer to.

You can contradict me all you like, doesn't change the fact that beta 4/release has a ctd bug in the custom block allocator. It wasn't even me that found it, it was HiShutUp who mentioned it in his "pretty much vanilla skyrim" guide published in the step wiki. However, I'm not doubting that you are not encountering the conditions to trigger it might well be true though.

I took a look at that guide :

First, I'm sorry for Hishutup, i respect him and it's work but he is wrong about advising to use a value of 1024 for skse, i will be happy to discuss of it with him if he wants.

About crash fixes, he advises to doesn't use memory management because it may induce memory fragmentation problem. As I understand with my limited english skill, the use of the word "may" induce that it is not an affirmation, only a possibility.

For me, nothing counteract that i said before. I wrote a complete guide especially for users who wants to use Crash fixes memory management.

I've got a significant technical knowledge and I did a lot of research and testing about this.

This problem is very system dependent and can be induced by many apps (OS, anti-virus, third party resident software) which put various craps in virtual address space which induce memory fragmentation , it is not due to crash fixes, this settings only make problems noticeable, it is not the cause.

As example, the use of a value of 1024 with skse and ExpandSystemMemoryX64 set to true(enb setting) can induce exactly the same problem too. That's why Boris and sheson stated that is wrong.

So I ensure you that problem is not caused by crash fixes, it is only a consequence.

I'm really open to suggestions which could bring amelioration to my guide that's why I asked you to discuss about by PM because i don't want to hijack this thread which concerns the guide made by DarkladyLexy and Darth_Matias not mine.

So I stop posting on this thread about this because I thought that you could bring me interesting technical arguments and not an advice from an another guide (which contains an error about how to configure memory management) that i already know furthermore it is off-topic

I will say despite having a very stable setup, after this conversation I’ve had 3 crashes in 2 days, all at the crossroads near whiterun / riverwood, which does indeed feature those BitW / LoS meshes. Now there’s also the waterfall there and I’ve got RW2 with Purity falls over top and have not done any CR as I wasn’t sure what/if anything was necessary as it all looks good and seems to function fine, so there could be an issue I’m unaware of.

Anyway I personally love both Blowing in the Wind and Lanterns of Skyrim, and would be loathe to let either go. It would be great if we could identify the specifics here - whether there is a real problem, what that problem is, and best; if there’s anything ‘we’ can do about it.

I took a look at that guide :

First, I'm sorry for Hishutup, i respect him and it's work but he is wrong about advising to use a value of 1024 for skse, i will be happy to discuss of it with him if he wants.

About crash fixes, he advises to doesn't use memory management because it may induce memory fragmentation problem. As I understand with my limited english skill, the use of the word "may" induce that it is not an affirmation, only a possibility.

For me, nothing counteract that i said before. I wrote a complete guide especially for users who wants to use Crash fixes memory management.

I've got a significant technical knowledge and I did a lot of research and testing about this.

This problem is very system dependent and can be induced by many apps (OS, anti-virus, third party resident software) which put various craps in virtual address space which induce memory fragmentation , it is not due to crash fixes, this settings only make problems noticeable, it is not the cause.

As example, the use of a value of 1024 with skse and ExpandSystemMemoryX64 set to true(enb setting) can induce exactly the same problem too. That's why Boris and sheson stated that is wrong.

So I ensure you that problem is not caused by crash fixes, it is only a consequence.

I'm really open to suggestions which could bring amelioration to my guide that's why I asked you to discuss about by PM because i don't want to hijack this thread which concerns the guide made by DarkladyLexy and Darth_Matias not mine.

So I stop posting on this thread about this because I thought that you could bring me interesting technical arguments and not an advice from an another guide (which contains an error about how to configure memory management) that i already know furthermore it is off-topic

You are correct in your understanding of "may". OSAllocators=1 might cause RAM fragmentation leading to "out of memory" errors when there are no free contiguous blocks of RAM to meet allocation requests. However the same is also true of the block allocator the Skyrim uses by default and the custom block allocator that meh implemented in CrashFixes to slow fragmentation rate. Crash Fixes has a fixed size block allocator that when full will fallback on standard malloc allocation. That argument is therefore irrelevant.

Third party software is the cause of most problems. However most people when told to not run said applications will respond with "well I don't have any issues", so leave them to it. They can suffer in the slower, crashy world if they're not prepared to listen to well founded advice.

SKSE block size should be 1024 and ExpandSystemMemoryx64 should be false for the most stable Skyrim session if you don't want to set osallocators=1 in Crashfixes. The SKSE values are irrelevant if using OSAllocators=1 and ExpandMemoryX64 should still be false.

The only time ExpandSystemMemoryX64 should be true is if you're not using SKSE at all in which case you failed Skryim modding 101.

If you trust neither the people here in the STEP forums or over on r/skyrimmods with their advice there's nothing more I can do for you.

I will say despite having a very stable setup, after this conversation I’ve had 3 crashes in 2 days, all at the crossroads near whiterun / riverwood, which does indeed feature those BitW / LoS meshes. Now there’s also the waterfall there and I’ve got RW2 with Purity falls over top and have not done any CR as I wasn’t sure what/if anything was necessary as it all looks good and seems to function fine, so there could be an issue I’m unaware of.

Anyway I personally love both Blowing in the Wind and Lanterns of Skyrim, and would be loathe to let either go. It would be great if we could identify the specifics here - whether there is a real problem, what that problem is, and best; if there’s anything ‘we’ can do about it.

At this point I'm going to say LoS is probably fine and that Blowing in the Wind is the problem. I tust Zilav knows what he's doing and his tool only reports a limited subset of NIF errors that can make the game unstable/crash. I might test more myself but I'm not in a hurry to do so.

Seems that the latest version of Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul conflicts with Better Fast Travel - Carriages and Ships - Overhauled.

There is no list of places to catch a carriage to, the only driver that has is the one in Riverwood, and he only lists Whiterun.

When I move Better Fast Travel - Carriages and Ships - Overhauled to be below Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul, all places are available.

Has anyone else found this?

I updated Classical Lichdom to 4.65, which is the latest balance patch.

This should be the last round of nerfs; I think I finally nailed the sweet spot of balance where endgame lichdom is overpowered but not to the point of becoming boring.

Mannimarco's Will and Scroll Of Eldritch Knowledge durations have been nerfed from 12 hours to 8 hours. Infernal Potency was not touched as that effect requires you to travel to your phylactery to activate it, while the other two are scrolls that can be crafted in batches and cast at any time. Also, Infernal Potency is less powerful than the other two.

The lich is still a walking god once you obtain those final perks. The changes just mean that you actually have to spend effort accumulating black soul gems if you wish to maintain those effects all the time. I feel that this makes gameplay more interesting : you can sustain your immense power, but only if you can keep up with the high blacksoulgem expenditure.

Conversely, Mind Flay has been buffed so it works on dragons. Even once you max everything out, liches are just too weak against dragons due to the insane 100% fire weakness, inability to use potions and lack of good healing. With this change, dragons should be a lot more manageable once you invest enough in magicka and illusion.

Btw DarkSexyLady the latest version of Classical Lichdom has its own ordinator patch. The Immersive Lichdom patch linked in the guide wont work as version 4.0+ reworks the perk tree, adding 7 new perks and reshuffling everything. 

The new ordinator patch esp has a different filename from the old UIL/UCL patch, so the guide would have to be updated to say as such. The old UIL patch can be disabled with no ill effects, since the esp only has one record (which modifies avconjuration)

Edited by ConnerRia