SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

So I have the game running well, but I am playing on a 4k TV (I know, what a waste!) and most of my NPC textures are in 4k.  I am also using BethIni ultra settings.  So as you can imagine, I have some stuttering in crowded areas like Whiterun and Riverwood. My average FPS is 40-45, but during stuttering it is mid 20s to low 30s. Even had the game CTD last night during one of these stuttering episodes.

My GPU is a 1080ti, and I'm using 32 gigs of ram with an SSD.  However, my CPU is an i7 4700 (not the k version).  Could my CPU be bottlenecking my performance? Trying to narrow down if this is a hardware issue or if with the size of the guide that I am just overloading the Skyrim software and need to turn down my ENB/INI settings.  

Edited by bmccarti

So I have the game running well, but I am playing on a 4k TV (I know, what a waste!) and most of my NPC textures are in 4k.  I am also using BethIni ultra settings.  So as you can imagine, I have some stuttering in crowded areas like Whiterun and Riverwood. My average FPS is 40-45, but during stuttering it is mid 20s to low 30s. Even had the game CTD last night during one of these stuttering episodes.

My GPU is a 1080ti, and I'm using 32 gigs of ram with an SSD.  However, my CPU is an i7 4700 (not the k version).  Could my CPU be bottlenecking my performance? Trying to narrow down if this is a hardware issue or if with the size of the guide that I am just overloading the Skyrim software and need to turn down my ENB/INI settings.  

I take you're one Windows 10? cos that will be an issue like we have all said many many many time before.

ah OK Interesting I suggest turning BethINI down to High cause even DoubleYou says Ultra should only be used for screen archers ie screenshots that might help.

I would also grab Skryim Performance Monitor https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6491/? and running that for a bit to see what is going on.

Will do! Thanks again for the help.  BTW, how is the i7 4700? Do you think it's possibly slowing me down?

Wondering if anyone has installed the Win10 Creators Update?  I started it up the other day and now my game is consistently crashing when saving and passing from interior to exterior, seemingly anywhere.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with Crash Fixes / or ENB memory management features, as that has now changed? 

please also note I have had a deeper look and the CACO patches and the Undeath Patches from JD will need updating for Classical Lichdom.

As I am leaning towards dumping Undeath from the guide these probably won't be updated for it.

Edit: You will also need to clean AAE Patches merged and possibly LOTD Patches Merged. Classical Lichdom is proving to be a headace.

You mean the patches from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77331/? ?

Why would Classical Lichdom affect the CACO and Undeath patches?  What do they even do?  I'm looking at the Undeath patch from there and I just see a USLEEP patch, a Falskaar patch, and a flora fix patch... why would Classic Lichdom affect this?