SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Small question to Darth, Nozzer, Lexy, Paulroot and JD Smith i.e Wiser heads. For a long time now I have looked at Skybirds to add to game but have always been put off by the "dangerous" mods list as unsafe. However apparently this was faulsely reported and has been removed from the said list. Apart from an issue with ASIs that can be fixed in Asis I.n.i section, do you still think it unwise to add this mod on this setup, due to script possible problems..I don't mean officially but personal build under animal section.....I'm still a little wary, yet it has huge endorsments....I will take wiser council if I may

hey cstarkey42 nice to have you back yeah I know spice of life was re-uploaded via thecaretaker account I decide not reinstall it more because I never overly liked it that much (And VRAM is already quite high). The instructions were left so those that did have it knew they had a little bit for work to do to make it compatible. Also just a heads up suggest not starting a new game just yet there might maybe a change or two on the way that will require a new game :;): it depends on the results of a certain Strawpoll https://www.strawpoll.me/13957399 (last plug promise).

Thanks.  I'm a little concerned about VRAM but with the Windows update just around the corner I'm getting a little reckless, hoping that it bails me out.  Thanks for the heads up on the strawpoll; I've never done undeath before so I'm hoping it stays.

edit:  Hmmm...not sure how I screwed the quote up

Edited by cstarkey42

It doesn't look like Splendor has the DDC3 patch up anymore.

edit:  Sorry, I was doing so well.  No Dragon LODs...we use both the original mod and the LOTD versions?  And in the LOTD version, we use the main and all relevant optionals?  Thanks.

It looks like the Splendor Patch is not needed anymore. As for the LOTD version use this No Dragon LODs - SRLE Extended LOTD It might require updating I'll have to look at the tomorrow. The Nexus page could do with a tidy up lol. Now I must head once more unto the breech to my brightly lit Laboratory to do some very technical sciencey stuff.

Just a comment - on the ELFX - Exterior section, where it mentions manual cleaning...

The part about Riften isn't needed.  I just installed it, and opened it up, and the specified area (ELFX - Worldspace - 00016BB4 Riften World) - the 'Object Bounds - NAM9 - Max - X' was 45 to begin with.

The Solitude thing was needed, but the Riften one looks fine.  Just a heads-up.

(Unless I'm DRASTICALLY misinterpreting things)

Thanks.  I found that one on the Nexus page, I just wasn't sure if I use it plus the original "No Dragon LODs", which is listed before it in the guide, or if it's used in its place.  Also, the LOTD version has separate optional esps, each relating to the different dragon spawning mods, so I wasn't sure if each was needed.  I'll figure it out, no worries.  Have fun with science!

Just a comment - on the ELFX - Exterior section, where it mentions manual cleaning...

The part about Riften isn't needed.  I just installed it, and opened it up, and the specified area (ELFX - Worldspace - 00016BB4 Riften World) - the 'Object Bounds - NAM9 - Max - X' was 45 to begin with.

The Solitude thing was needed, but the Riften one looks fine.  Just a heads-up.

(Unless I'm DRASTICALLY misinterpreting things)

Ok I will let her Ladyship know.

Thanks.  I found that one on the Nexus page, I just wasn't sure if I use it plus the original "No Dragon LODs", which is listed before it in the guide, or if it's used in its place.  Also, the LOTD version has separate optional esps, each relating to the different dragon spawning mods, so I wasn't sure if each was needed.  I'll figure it out, no worries.  Have fun with science!

Yes you need both the original mod plus the one we provide. The Original mod deals with vanilla dragons while our one deals with the modded ones. True we could just provide 1 patch but since they both end up in the bash patch never saw the point.

Edit: Ahh I now understand what you mean use No Dragon LOD - SRLE Extended LOTD.esp the ones in optional folder are for the weird users among us that don't use all the dragon mods.

Edited by Darth_mathias

That's WEIRD.  The "No Snow Under the Roof" mod - the instructions say to remove this:

meshes\prometheus\architecture\statuessnow folder (Better-Shaped Talos Statue with Greatsword and Stunning Statues of Skyrim will provide these meshes.)

But... there isn't one.  All I have is a .bsa and three .esps (two of which are patches).  No folders at all.

Confused.

That'll be cause you didn't extract the bsa. The folder in question is in the bsa. Not weird at all. :)

This is why we suggest you extract at least the BSA's where we ask you to hide/delete things.

EDIT: You don't need to reinstall the mod to fix this. Go to MO, and click the archives tab. Find the bsa in question and right click it. Select extract and let MO do its thing. Then go to the actual mod's folder and delete the bsa from there.in said mod folder you should see the folder structure now you've extracted it all. Remove the relevant folder while you're there. If you haven't turned BSA extraction option on in MO, you'll need to do this for most of the mods in which we ask for things to get removed/hidden. Not all of them as not every mod comes packed in a bsa.

Edited by Nozzer66

Oh.  I haven't been extracting them.  And until that point, it hasn't come up... so if I see a 'remove something' and I can't find it, pull the BSA?

Should I go back and extract most of them?  Or does it _not_ really matter unless I have to excise something packed in?  (Section 27.17 of the guide is the first one where this came up... so I'm pretty far in...)

Edited by Minoke

Oh.  I haven't been extracting them.  And until that point, it hasn't come up... so if I see a 'remove something' and I can't find it, pull the BSA?

Should I go back and extract most of them?  Or does it _not_ really matter unless I have to excise something packed in?  (Section 27.17 of the guide is the first one where this came up... so I'm pretty far in...)

If you haven't been doing it to now, don't worry about it. But you'll need to extract ones we need you to hide things in.