SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

So... How hard would it be to install Morrowloot on top of it? On Dreadflopp's Modular patches page it mentions that it would be better to just use SRLE Extended LoTD and use the supplied Morrowloot patch but i've been incapable of finding such patch.

I don't understand why people insist on running morrowloot and then totally ruining the purpose of it by stacking tons of unbalanced stuff on top...

Edited by jdsmith2816
  • +1 1

Not everyone wants to learn how to make patches and not everyone has the time to learn and rely on guides.

Sure.. i understand that.. then you accept your circumstances and pick things that work well together?  Why would you pick a large gameoverhaul like morrowloot ultimate if you didn't actually want the things it gives you?

Sure.. i understand that.. then you accept your circumstances and pick things that work well together?  Why would you pick a large gameoverhaul like morrowloot ultimate if you didn't actually want the things it gives you?

how is that saying: Ignorance is bliss :D

i guess people don't know this issue. I've been saying a lot here that some things are unbalanced and MLU really can't work for this without some serious patching

Edited by paul666root

So... How hard would it be to install Morrowloot on top of it? On Dreadflopp's Modular patches page it mentions that it would be better to just use SRLE Extended LoTD and use the supplied Morrowloot patch but i've been incapable of finding such patch.

don't use Morrowloot with this guide as it is already included in the mod.

Also Dreadflopps description is out of date as we got rid of Morrowloot ages ago.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Levelling is WAAAY too slow now that I'm level 45. I've just power trained alchemy from 29 to 101 and that wasn't enough to advance one full level. It feels completely wrong, considering that higher level skills shoud give you much more experience than lower levels - I didn't notice any difference between advancing from 29 to 50 or 80 - 101.

I think the custom uncapper is not really well balanced. It does make for a faster start (which is useful with such a hardcore setup) but takes away the fun of building your character as you play when you reach higher levels - and I note that level 45 isn't that high at all. Sometimes I play for a whole day without as much as one level up. Both aspects (faster start + slower mid to end game advance) have drawbacks in my opinion. I'm thinking of tweaking the _uncapper.ini with a different balancing in mind, more vanilla-like - not so fast a start, but keep a good pace later in the game. Will this lead to an overpowered character? I don't want that, so I'll try to keep a target of 120-150 perks possible in a timespan reasonable for a playthrough, like 150 hours or so. With a few added perks coming from the way of the voice, it would allow your character to specialize with about 1/3 of the available perks.

The idea would be to "finish the game" while still having a character advancing. I have the most fun with this game when I'm able to set goals and reach for them, the endgame part doesn't have the same appeal to me. I certainly feel my character is powerful now, but I'm not really after playing like half of the game with a set character, no matter how powerful it is.

Does anybody feel the same way?

(BTW: I'm not using Disparity. Is my problem because the custom .ini is tweaked for that mod?)

Edited by godescalcus

Have you guys tried Rigmor of Bruma with this build? I know it's been briefly referred to way back. I've been playing it along with the rest and it showed no conflicts at all, so far - as long as you load it last. However strange it may be, leaving it where loot puts it leads to ctd on load. The author emphasizes the need to load it last (don't they all?) so I was afraid it would be prone to conflicts but no, it has run perfectly so far with the rest of the '450. You guys would certainly be able to figure out in greater detail if it does conflict and how to fix it. It sets a few global conditions that, while not physically stopping you from doing whatever you want while playing the mod's questline, do force you to adapt things, in a fun way. Example (spoiler ahead):

the Thalmor are always hostile to you till you finish Rigmor's LOOONG questline, and that puts your main quest on hold if you hadn't gone to the Embassy earlier. If you're like me and prefer to avoid fast travel, it'll make you pay more attention to exploring and minor quests that you can still do while playing the mod. At some point, the Empire and all empire-alligned holds are also hostile to you (you're a wanted person). That will eventually revert and the only condition in place will be the Thalmor's hostility, preventing you from advancing the main quest. For me, it's more fun than simply putting a timer to delay things. It does interfere in other ways, for example, if you try to go to Markarth's court you'll be attacked by the two Thalmor guards (but anyone else will just stand by and watch). Ancano in the college of Winterhold, however, is not hostile. I think it's fun and different. There are a lot of battles that prove challenging at lower levels.

Edited by godescalcus

Levelling is WAAAY too slow now that I'm level 45. I've just power trained alchemy from 29 to 101 and that wasn't enough to advance one full level. It feels completely wrong, considering that higher level skills shoud give you much more experience than lower levels - I didn't notice any difference between advancing from 29 to 50 or 80 - 101.

I think the custom uncapper is not really well balanced. It does make for a faster start (which is useful with such a hardcore setup) but takes away the fun of building your character as you play when you reach higher levels - and I note that level 45 isn't that high at all. Sometimes I play for a whole day without as much as one level up. Both aspects (faster start + slower mid to end game advance) have drawbacks in my opinion. I'm thinking of tweaking the _uncapper.ini with a different balancing in mind, more vanilla-like - not so fast a start, but keep a good pace later in the game. Will this lead to an overpowered character? I don't want that, so I'll try to keep a target of 120-150 perks possible in a timespan reasonable for a playthrough, like 150 hours or so. With a few added perks coming from the way of the voice, it would allow your character to specialize with about 1/3 of the available perks.

The idea would be to "finish the game" while still having a character advancing. I have the most fun with this game when I'm able to set goals and reach for them, the endgame part doesn't have the same appeal to me. I certainly feel my character is powerful now, but I'm not really after playing like half of the game with a set character, no matter how powerful it is.

Does anybody feel the same way?

(BTW: I'm not using Disparity. Is my problem because the custom .ini is tweaked for that mod?)

I would actually concur though I ihave currentily stopped playing due to other things going on at the moment I am currently only level 23 and really struggling to level up.

If you know how you can tweak the uncapper to your liking as far as I can remember the custom uncapper have nothing to do with Disparity the one we use is geared towards Ordinator.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

as far as I can remember the custom uncapper have nothing to do with Disparity the one we use is geared towards Ordinator.

Just mentioned it because I did a quick search of older posts on this subject and got the idea that Disparity makes its own changes to levelling according to race or class, I don't really know because I'm not using it. So maybe Disparity restores some balance by making some skills advance quicker and others more slowly for different classes of characters?

Just mentioned it because I did a quick search of older posts on this subject and got the idea that Disparity makes its own changes to levelling according to race or class, I don't really know because I'm not using it. So maybe Disparity restores some balance by making some skills advance quicker and others more slowly for different classes of characters?

Disparity does make it so that skills that certain races are better with level faster than others. This is the Starting level and XP setting in the Disparity menu. So it would counter the slow leveling experience somewhat depending one what race/class you choose. If I were you I would just alter the setting on the Uncapper settings, it is not very difficult and there is lots of info on how to do so on the web.

• +1 1

Disparity does make it so that skills that certain races are better with level faster than others. This is the Starting level and XP setting in the Disparity menu. So it would counter the slow leveling experience somewhat depending one what race/class you choose. If I were you I would just alter the setting on the Uncapper settings, it is not very difficult and there is lots of info on how to do so on the web.

I checked the ini and realized there's an idea behind it of making the game more varied: bUsePCLevelNotBaseSkillLevel=1 makes all skill contributions in experience vary according to player level and then each skill has a curve that allows for a slower start, then increasing till usually level 20, then decreasing till level 50 or so, then increasing again and finally decreasing towards level 100. So it seems I'm in the middle of the stalled phase ;) While I understand the underlying logic, I still feel it doesn't suit my play style, so I'll restore the community uncapper's original ini and play with it for a while to see the difference with its default values, then maybe use the custom ini's values as a reference and "spice things up" a bit.

Hey Lexy hi! Nice to see you keep it "in the family" so to speak....in that your vacations last a day or two (Darth's retirement) LOL, LOL ,LOL :rofl:

Berndaroy

lol she is on "Vacation" from playing the game and guide maintenance and I am still "retired" well busy with work this is one of my rare weekends off so I have poking my nose in and catching up on the gossip.  We've got a busy few months ahead of us 3 brithday's (well 2 really) I've got 4 or 5 festivals left on my books before we actaully have 2 weeks away end of August. Plus school holidays will be upon us soon so the daughter will be home and most probably hogging the internet and PC (Really should build her a new one). So I thought it would be easier than having my poor wife stressing about stuff.

I don't understand why people insist on running morrowloot and then totally ruining the purpose of it by stacking tons of unbalanced stuff on top...

Well... I'm willing to make patches for stuff that would be unbalanced, it's even part of why i didn't go for SRLE Extended Reqtified as patches for Morrowloot are way easier to make than patches for Requiem. That being said i can probably make patches for SRLE Extended LoTD if none are available, i was just curious if somebody has already done work in the same direction as it would considerably reduce the amount of time and work i'll have to put on this.