SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

we are currently talking about maybe getting rid of all the NPC retextures and only having Windsong + Inhabitants of Skyrim plus Ultimate NPC Overhaul II this should majorly simply things in this section.

I don't think I'm convinced about Ultimate NPC Overhaul II.

The author claims that the goal is to make every NPC different, but by the images posted, it seems to me that many female NPC's have the same face shape and look a lot like each other. The only main differences between them are the hairstyles.

As an example, compare the first 2 NPC's in images, Ysolda and Olfina.

Paul if you will, on the development page(or unstable page), under NPCS Retextures you have one under construction and the other as optional. My question is..is the optional to remain as an option or ear marked to be removed once WSCO etc is buildt and patched & stable?

Berndaroy

Most likely the npc section will be gone when we are finished.

We will keep in the guide like this:

As main NPC overhaul will be WSCO + IOS and as an optional for those who want more than vanilla will be UNO 2. I will make a separate CR just for UNO for now until we finish our modular patches project that jd is working on.

Anyway these npc retextures that are now i will keep the merge on the nexus for those who want it but you will have to install the mods yourself. I posted on nexus the mods you require. Also i made a separate CR just for these npc retextures merge that is also on nexus now.

When i finish the new cr i am not sure could be only next week.

Personally I've been using UNO as a base for over an year..Didn't try UNO 2 but I will as it got rid of the old KS Hairdos 400 thus saving almost 2gb..If you're planing to use it I suggest adding apachii, SG and lovely hairstyles to the faces merged and using the usleep swap master script to change the masters to faces merged.esp

Edited by mavanaic

Follow these instructions - https://forum.step-project.com/topic/11123-tracking-down-missing-textures/?p=177237

That will help you find exactly which texture in which pack is causing this.

That's nice little guide! I have it bookmarked.

If i did it correctly it seems that the related mesh is SolitudeRockArch01 and the textures involved are mountainslab02*.dds

The last mod on the left pane of MO that wins the conflict is Northfires Photoreal Mountains Vanilla Overlay 2K. I disabled it but the texture still has very poor quality.

I have to play a little bit more with it and see if I can find what mod is providing that texture.

That point about BYS and Jorrvaskr is legit.  Totally possible to just use Jorrvaskr No Silver.esp without BYS I believe.

Absolutely.  Jorrvaskr No Silver just replaces object refs, and has no dependency on BYS.  I'm certain because I just installed it and looked at it in detail before merging it, and I no longer have BYS in  my build.

Hiding \Meshes\lod\solitude\sbardscollegetower_lod.nif from Caribou Gone solved the problem with the floating tower in Solitude.

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

While I was there I noticed this low resolution texture for the rock I was standing on

attachicon.gifUntitled1.jpg

There is a mod Enhanced Textures Detail (UV-Tweaks). I don't use the windhelm and fort options because of the excessive tiling but the others should be fine.

we are currently talking about maybe getting rid of all the NPC retextures and only having Windsong + Inhabitants of Skyrim plus Ultimate NPC Overhaul II this should majorly simply things in this section. Paul is at his sister wedding so that why he has been unable to do any testing. I haven't done any either cos i not had time plus  off travelling again tomorrow for work.

Just my two cents but UNO is terrible, they all look like plastic barbie dollhouse dolls :/