SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I'm intrigued by this mod, as mages are another place where combat is currently way out of whack, IMO. OBIS often puts mages in that starting mine cave, and if one of them throws fire at you, you're doomed. I went down within two seconds, and there was absolutely nothing I could do to get away from it. If they have a limit on their mana (like the PC does) then at least it's a bit fairer. 

Further, I've never agreed with the Bethesda line that enemies level with you (it almost actively discourages leveling up). I don't think that's particularly immersive myself, and wouldn't mind if that was taken out. So on paper this mod seems like a perfect fit for my play style.

That being said, I'm a bit concerned that it isn't being maintained, and further requires a script that the mod author doesn't provide. Seems a bit sketchy.

Still, I think I may give it a shot. I presume it wouldn't work so well with AAE, so I'll likely drop that (unless you guys think otherwise). But I'd hopefully like to keep OBIS and probably the dragon mods (although again that first dragon encounter outside of Whiterun is a story blocker if you can't kill it until your much higher level, but I suppose I could deal with that as long as it's not too unreasonable).

well we could also lower the level of the first dragon just for the shake of story progression or drop the difficulty for that encounter.

I'm intrigued by this mod, as mages are another place where combat is currently way out of whack, IMO. OBIS often puts mages in that starting mine cave, and if one of them throws fire at you, you're doomed. I went down within two seconds, and there was absolutely nothing I could do to get away from it. If they have a limit on their mana (like the PC does) then at least it's a bit fairer. 

Further, I've never agreed with the Bethesda line that enemies level with you (it almost actively discourages leveling up). I don't think that's particularly immersive myself, and wouldn't mind if that was taken out. So on paper this mod seems like a perfect fit for my play style.

That being said, I'm a bit concerned that it isn't being maintained, and further requires a script that the mod author doesn't provide. Seems a bit sketchy.

Still, I think I may give it a shot. I presume it wouldn't work so well with AAE, so I'll likely drop that (unless you guys think otherwise). But I'd hopefully like to keep OBIS and probably the dragon mods (although again that first dragon encounter outside of Whiterun is a story blocker if you can't kill it until your much higher level, but I suppose I could deal with that as long as it's not too unreasonable).

It doesn't need any further updating, the script does just a few things and applies it to every NPC in your order. The mtefunctions.pas script was linked in the original Nexus page, but has since been moved as it's been updated. It's also part of the x-edit merge plugins script. This isn't much different than the Quick Change instructions that used to be on the guide; it's by the same trusted source. 

The Combat Patcher does two things: it has a default settings that are applied to combat styles like Combat Evolved and Wildcat, only you can choose to modify them for your purposes. The other thing is that it sets all offsets for every NPC to zero- except for dragons, where it sets it to about 1/2. Because the guide does have Wildcat, you will be removing the Combat Styles. Checking the results in x-edit will reveal that it just copies over the NPC record and just changes the offsets. 

An example: 

gCAcwdT.png

Don't worry about AEE compatibility, or any other mod for that matter. This script does very few things and does it well, in my experience. If you were to use the Combat Styles, then you'd need to remove the AAE section from the patch, but it's not a huge bother. 

Edited by Skadi

well we could also lower the level of the first dragon just for the shake of story progression or drop the difficulty for that encounter.

This is true. I could even do that in xEdit myself, presuming I could track down that encounter. I'm not a big fan of changing the difficulty in game myself, but I suppose as a matter of last resort, that could work too, hehe. Thanks Lexy.

It doesn't need any further updating, the script does just a few things and applies it to every NPC in your order. The mtefunctions.pas script was linked in the original Nexus page, but has since been moved as it's been updated. It's also part of the x-edit merge plugins script. This isn't much different than the Quick Change instructions that used to be on the guide; it's by the same trusted source. 

The Combat Patcher does two things: it has a default settings that are applied to combat styles like Combat Evolved and Wildcat, only you can choose to modify them for your purposes. The other thing is that it sets all offsets for every NPC to zero- except for dragons, where it sets it to about 1/2. Because the guide does have Wildcat, you will be removing the Combat Styles. Checking the results in x-edit will reveal that it just copies over the NPC record and just changes the offsets. 

Don't worry about AEE compatibility, or any other mod for that matter. This script does very few things and does it well, in my experience. If you were to use the Combat Styles, then you'd need to remove the AAE section from the patch, but it's not a huge bother. 

Cool, thank you Skadi, that makes me feel a bit better. I'll def be checking into this. It may not be to everyone's liking, but the way I like to play, it seems pretty perfect :)

I looked at the code a few days ago because I was curious and I believe MP finds the first mod folder(by order) with a matching plugin then it copies everything(being ignorant about other features like facegen) except the plugin.

From what I found, leaving it tick is handy in most instances. The only time that I unticked it, is with SMC.

Good to know. Thanks, Hishy.

There seems to be an overlap between Bring Your Silver and Advanced Adversary Encounters.  The perks created be each mod stack with each other, potentially creating impossible enemies (unless you are using the right equipment).  Does SRLE Extended LotD address this overlap?  I couldn't find anything in the guide about it.

On the topic of difficult enemies, dragons, trolls, mages etc. We still have the problem reported above with vampires. It doesn't seem that the author of AAE will be fixing that soon by what I read in the forum.

Is there a way to have that fixed in the SRLExt conflict resolution?

And just to chime in the topic, I do agree that Vanilla difficulty is way to easy, a nice challenge in combat is appreciated and rewarding, but when it takes the joy of playing and having to win the fight by un-immersive ways like changing the difficulty level during combat, is not ideal.

We want though creatures to be though and possibly requiring the help of NPC followers to defeat them, unless in later stages of character progression when the hero has already become a legendary hero able to take down mythical creatures solo.

Adding to the equation, we have different levels of players, some more proficient in combat then others. Here's were the difficulty level can be adjusted in the game settings in a easy way that can have the game adapt to different players.

So I guess it will take a little tweaking in the guide with the help of the users feedback, to find a good balance.

Edited by edynacio

For some reason my Skyrim keeps reaching 3.2 GB memory usage and crashing, I re-ran DyndoLod at low settings and it keeps happening.  Any ideas?

This is what it looks like: https://imgur.com/gallery/Z35Kx

Also, everytime it crashes a window pops up and says something like: "Skyrim failed to allocate memory in block X, try the following: 

USe ENBoost

Turn off AllocateHeap

And some other settings in Crash Fixes.ini"

Edited by Verazix

For some reason my Skyrim keeps reaching 3.2 GB memory usage and crashing, I re-ran DyndoLod at low settings and it keeps happening.  Any ideas?

Start by using the Performance Version of Noble Skyrim I am now recommending the use of the performance version over the Full version to reduce overall VRAM.

On the topic of difficult enemies, dragons, trolls, mages etc. We still have the problem reported above with vampires. It doesn't seem that the author of AAE will be fixing that soon by what I read in the forum.

Is there a way to have that fixed in the SRLExt conflict resolution?

And just to chime in the topic, I do agree that Vanilla difficulty is way to easy, a nice challenge in combat is appreciated and rewarding, but when it takes the joy of playing and having to win the fight by un-immersive ways like changing the difficulty level during combat, is not ideal.

We want though creatures to be though and possibly requiring the help of NPC followers to defeat them, unless in later stages of character progression when the hero has already become a legendary hero able to take down mythical creatures solo.

Adding to the equation, we have different levels of players, some more proficient in combat then others. Here's were the difficulty level can be adjusted in the game settings in a easy way that can have the game adapt to different players.

So I guess it will take a little tweaking in the guide with the help of the users feedback, to find a good balance.

it's nice that we're into balancing now but that can only come from feedback from the guys that are using it. As for AAE, Bring your silver issue there really is nothing that i can do it needs a patch and that needs to come from the mod authors. Personally i would always make sure you are carry a sliver sword or a silver crossbow or silver arrows pretty much anything silver and maybe enchanted with fire :;): or better yet fiery soul trap

Edited by Darth_mathias

Start by using the Performance Version of Noble Skyrim I am now recommending the use of the performance version over the Full version to reduce overall VRAM.

The weird thing is I'm already using that version. 

This is the message I get: https://imgur.com/nnqHJCg

Im going to try to rerun TexGen at a lower resolution and redo DyndoLod, see you in 3 hours.

Also, thanks for the quick response.

Edited by Verazix

The problem I find with balancing is that while you can balance your game around enemies your level, it gets really tricky to balance the deleveled encounters. It's either game is too easy for 95% of the time and it's OK when you encounter dragons trolls and priests, or the game is well balanced 95% of the time and is impossible (as in : you get one shotted by dragons) the rest of the time... I've been manually editing my stupid encounters for the time being (by setting Heath and attackdamagemumtipliers to decent degrees, but it is tedious and immersion breaking).

My two cents.

I've tried redoing LODs, reordering the left pane of MO, unchecking some texture mods and still nothing, it keeps crashing with the same error message displayed afterwards.

Before this started happening I decided to redo the guide so I could install ELFX properly, and before that, everything worked fine. Now everytime I choose a new start from the Mara statue, during the loading screen it crashes, every single time due to a memory allocation error, I have no idea whats causing this.

Also Darth mathias, how do you fine the soundfx "FINE!" from toccata when she heals ? I find it a bit bad so I removed the file and I find it better, thoughts ?

also has anyone encountered friendly animals like skeevers walking on the road and not attacking you ?

Edited by Monobloc

I've found a couple of possible bugs with this setup, I installed as per the guide but added Wyrmstooth.

Raw Canine Meat can be crafted into Raw Salmon at Cooking station.

I can't temper anything iron, it says I do not have the required perks. Unless there is a minimum level to temper items?