SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Is anyone running NLA and an NLA based ENB with this? I was originally going to make a post asking for help with some windows being way too bright in Whiterun, but then came across some posts elsewhere about some possible NLA and ELFX compatibility issues and deleted the post. A quick look through TES5Edit doesn't show any issues though.

The main reason I ask is because I'm having an issue with Whiterun window textures being too bright. Not just the windows, but the entire texture.

ENB toggled off: https://imgur.com/utfDtUT

ENB toggled on: https://imgur.com/pFJE5Uo

The middle two windows.

I've had two separate NLA based ENBs show this issue. I'll probably try installing the ENB and weather mods as in the guide tomorrow sometime to see if it is the issue, but I thought I'd post here in case someone else has this as well and can provide an answer sooner.

Or maybe it's just always been like that and I just never noticed in any previous playthrough.

Hahah I'm cracking into a carton and my bottle of tequila here in SE QLD ::D:

Tequila... wince. I had an extremely ugly evening with that once when I was still a teen. It wasn't pretty, believe me. But I did win the drinking contest, at least, so I'm told. All I recall is waking up looking at the diff housing of an F100 Ford.  :rofl:  :sick:

Is anyone running NLA and an NLA based ENB with this? I was originally going to make a post asking for help with some windows being way too bright in Whiterun, but then came across some posts elsewhere about some possible NLA and ELFX compatibility issues and deleted the post. A quick look through TES5Edit doesn't show any issues though.

The main reason I ask is because I'm having an issue with Whiterun window textures being too bright. Not just the windows, but the entire texture.

The middle two windows.

I've had two separate NLA based ENBs show this issue. I'll probably try installing the ENB and weather mods as in the guide tomorrow sometime to see if it is the issue, but I thought I'd post here in case someone else has this as well and can provide an answer sooner.

Or maybe it's just always been like that and I just never noticed in any previous playthrough.

Wish I could help, zerohaste, but I've never tried NLA. Hope someone will poke their head in shortly and help you out.

Edited by Nozzer66

Merry Christmas everyone: Wonder if someone could help with a strange glitch that seems to have crept in game. If i stand too close to a door and activate the door, it seems as though I'm pulled into the door (from camera view) and anything around me i.e books, are knocked off shelves etc...(not using blocksteal redux). Also if i stand in idle pose the camera doesn't have the leisurely 360 spin round, but twice if not three times the speed. If i talk to someone, the face tracking is really quick. I thought it may be Face to face mod and adjusted the speed but seems to have no effect. Has any body encountered this before and a possible solution? I can live with it, just have to keep away as far as possible from doors when activating :confusion:

Do you have MannyGT's permission to host his mods?

No, that's why I didn't publish the links publicly and asked DarkladyLexy to decides about what she wants to do until final MannyGT's decision.

It is my private server, which has no public interface to permits to download them if you don't know the link. It is only a helping hand for guide users until the problem was solved (mods removed or replaced).

Edit: The problem seems to be solved, MannyGT mods are online !

Edited by memnochs

Edit: The problem seems to be solved, MannyGT mods are online !

well there you go problem solved.

In what can be considered nothing short of a Christmas miracle, the discord devteam have released Mod Organizer 2.1.0 for SSE!!! they've fixed a ton of issues. time to start modding SE finally :)

yay finally I will be take a close look over the next 2 weeks and maybe in the new year the time might be right to finally start creating the long awaited and asked for SSE version of this guide :;):.

well there you go problem solved.

yay finally I will be take a close look over the next 2 weeks and maybe in the new year the time might be right to finally start creating the long awaited and asked for SSE version of this guide :;):.

ooh I can't wait, I tried my best to get a loadout following Tech's guide and some references to this guide to get the experience I felt from LOTD. It's close but not the same. 

Got to the end of the guide and on launching to configure all the MCM stuff at the end, I'm getting the main menu bug where it has no music or actual menu options. I searched a little in this thread but only saw that it might have something to do with the CR or ASIS from a few posts around this time last year, but before I start playing with stuff I hardly understand I thought it may be wise to ask for some troubleshooting advice from more seasoned pros.

Load order isn't identical to the one linked at the top of the guide, but it's close and has the correct mod count, assume it's differing master lists in LOOT or the guides list was manually sorted or something. Can link my order if necessary.

ZeroSignalDX Hi! I'm not familiar with this bug..never once encountered it. So i'm just spit balling here:

1. Are you using mods on top of this guide? If you haven't already, try disabling them and first follow the guide exactly. Ensure that your load order is the same as Modwatch...yes Loot gives slightly different, and the guide has hand placed mods to overcome issues. Rerun your FNIS, BASH and Skyproc patches (don't worry dyndolod yet) and see if the game will load with menus etc. If not then you will have to go over your layout, merges etc and verify everything is correct. If all is well then

2. If you wish to add mods on top of this guide, do one at a time...but FIRST download Lexy's Modwatch loadorder text, and place it in your MO profile file...this allows you to set your loadorder easily without having to rerun LOOT and hand move esp again each and every time. When you add a mod on top of this guide, run LOOT and note its load position/no, restore backup(the loadorder modwatch text added, by using the Yellow arrow symbol in MO) and manually place the new mod in the required position. See if the game will load with menus....we are ONLY SEEING if the mod clashes with or is the cause of the bug encountered. Its a painful process but you are slowly narrowing down the issue

3. Any mod added on top of this guide may need to have conflict issues resolved and you will have to make you own CR patch to do so.

4. If you find the problem check conflict issues, run LOOT..note your mods positions, restore backup l/order, hand place mods, rerun all patches and hopefully all is well.

This is my process and others may have easier ways of do so...hope you find the issue..good luck.

Edited by berndaroy

ZeroSignalDX Hi! I'm not familiar with this bug..never once encountered it. So i'm just spit balling here:

1. Are you using mods on top of this guide? If you haven't already, try disabling them and first follow the guide exactly. Ensure that your load order is the same as Modwatch...yes Loot gives slightly different, and the guide has hand placed mods to overcome issues. Rerun your FNIS, BASH and Skyproc patches (don't worry dyndolod yet) and see if the game will load with menus etc. If not then you will have to go over your layout, merges etc and verify everything is correct. If all is well then

2. If you wish to add mods on top of this guide, do one at a time...but FIRST download Lexy's Modwatch loadorder text, and place it in your MO profile file...this allows you to set your loadorder easily without having to rerun LOOT and hand move esp again each and every time. When you add a mod on top of this guide, run LOOT and note its load position/no, restore backup(the loadorder modwatch text added, by using the Yellow arrow symbol in MO) and manually place the new mod in the required position. See if the game will load with menus....we are ONLY SEEING if the mod clashes with or is the cause of the bug encountered. Its a painful process but you are slowly narrowing down the issue

3. Any mod added on top of this guide may need to have conflict issues resolved and you will have to make you own CR patch to do so.

4. If you find the problem check conflict issues, run LOOT..note your mods positions, restore backup l/order, hand place mods, rerun all patches and hopefully all is well.

This is my process and others may have easier ways of do so...hope you find the issue..good luck.

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not using anything on top of the guide, followed it to the letter, or as close to it as I could.

I re-sorted to match the Modwatch list but I'll have to wait to do the rest of the fiddling til after work. What all do I absolutely need to re-run after changing load order?

I know Bash patch, ASIS, FNIS need to for sure, but what about ReLinker or DynDOLOD or the three scripts done after LOOT in the guide? You mention not to worry about DynDOLOD yet, so does that mean I should re run it if I can then get to the menu after running the other patches?

Edited by ZeroSignalDX

The middle two windows.

Well, found the issue. It's ELFX - Exteriors. Here's a forum post on Nexus explaining it and a gallery showing the fix. This post has some additional detail as well. It sounds like it required mesh editing, which isn't something I can really do. Guess I'll need to look into somehow extracting ELFX from the guide for me personally. That super bright window look isn't something I can live with.

Edited by zerohaste