Questions before I go further with modding FNV...

TaxiGenie

Question

I'm done setting up Mod Organizer and all the required programs listed in F&LNV, but I'd just like to get some clarification on a couple of things before I go any further. Please forgive me if these questions are somewhat dumb, but I want to be absolutely certain I'm doing everything correctly, right from the start! :)

1. When setting up FNVLODGen for MO, the guide says to do the following: [Next to the Arguments text field, type " -o:"C:\FNVLODGenOutput" ", without quotations. Additionally, any location outside of MO's virtual directory can be chosen.]

Now, does "without quotations" mean removing ALL of the quotations in that string, or just the outer ones?

2. When setting up Merge Plugins Standalone for MO, I followed the instructions, and after setting up the mod manager path in the "Integrations" tab in the Settings menu, I clicked OK and received a popup that said: "List Index Out of Bounds (3)."

Is this something I should be worried about? I have a feeling it's harmless, but again, I'm asking just to be sure. After closing Merge Plugins Standalone, I started it up again, and I have not received the popup since.

If I come across anything else I need help with during my modding process, I will update this topic. Thanks in advance to anyone who's willing to offer advice! :)

2 answers to this question

I'm done setting up Mod Organizer and all the required programs listed in F&LNV, but I'd just like to get some clarification on a couple of things before I go any further. Please forgive me if these questions are somewhat dumb, but I want to be absolutely certain I'm doing everything correctly, right from the start! :)

1. When setting up FNVLODGen for MO, the guide says to do the following: [Next to the Arguments text field, type " -o:"C:\FNVLODGenOutput" ", without quotations. Additionally, any location outside of MO's virtual directory can be chosen.]

Now, does "without quotations" mean removing ALL of the quotations in that string, or just the outer ones?

2. When setting up Merge Plugins Standalone for MO, I followed the instructions, and after setting up the mod manager path in the "Integrations" tab in the Settings menu, I clicked OK and received a popup that said: "List Index Out of Bounds (3)."

Is this something I should be worried about? I have a feeling it's harmless, but again, I'm asking just to be sure. After closing Merge Plugins Standalone, I started it up again, and I have not received the popup since.

If I come across anything else I need help with during my modding process, I will update this topic. Thanks in advance to anyone who's willing to offer advice! :)

1. Just the outer ones

2. That's a common error that seems to come up at random. It has no known effects and can safely be ignored.

Thanks!

I have encountered a problem with running the FNV4GB Loader through MO. The game simply crashes immediately after starting it. I followed the instructions in the F&LNV guide and added the "-laaexe .\FalloutMO.exe" line into the argument box, but that did not help. I went on a googling spree about this, and it seems like other people have had issues with it as well, and some have reported that using older versions of MO has helped. But all of these posts are from last year or before, so I'm not sure about how things are right now.

EDIT: Please disregard this post. I decided to completely reinstall New Vegas, and followed Dirty Weasel's F&LNV-based YouTube playlist. It works perfectly, now.

Edited by TaxiGenie