Elven Weapons for Silence (by Erlioniel)

TechAngel85

Discussion thread:
Elven Weapons for Silence by Erlioniel
Wiki Link

Meant to blend well with CaBal's Book of Silence. These my alter the colors of the vanilla textures but in my personal opinion they are MUCH better looking and closer to what I think of when I think "Elven". Download and will install during my next STEP installation. Along with CaBal's Book of Silence which should also be considered for STEP!

the retexture is well thought out... no fancy modification... no total remakes...a simple but well done recolor...sober and fitting, not overdone or badly tweaked as many other remakes...it works with both version of amb elven....has been a nice surprise .i'm really happy it get to hot files quite soon...

oh it is a "first mod"...let's keep also it in mind....

• 3 weeks later...

I will check it out ... sounds like a great candidate for 2.3 (unless STEP admin want to squeeze in for 2.2.1)

I want to, but there's no other really good weapon skins unless we want to start compiling a few (Millenia's for the "lower tier"), and this may conflict with TC's wishes for consistency.

I will check it out ... sounds like a great candidate for 2.3 (unless STEP admin want to squeeze in for 2.2.1)

I want to, but there's no other really good weapon skins unless we want to start compiling a few (Millenia's for the "lower tier"), and this may conflict with TC's wishes for consistency.
I vote to include this an Millenia, but defer to TC

I vote to include this an Millenia, but defer to TC
I agree as well, I'll toss TC a PM and if he doesn't reply by the time we launch then too bad :P

That said, and this is best discussed in the v2.2.1 thread, but are there any other decent weapon retextures that we can combine to try to over the basics?  I can't recall any others at the moment but I know a few have popped up recently.

Book of Silence's current version includes some Iron and Steel weapons. Cabal plans to do all weapons eventually.

The only comprehensive weapon re-texturing mod I know of is Unique High Definition Textures - UHDT but I don't know if it's up to STEP's standards.

Last time we looked at that it definitely wasn't and the author took our criticism rather personally.  Maybe it's improved since then, but it's hard to tell without some decent comparison screenshots (something I mentioned last time as well).

How should I do it? Create a new thread or just post here?

Yeah, either find or make that mod's thread.  If it existed, it's likely in the Anthology.
It's done

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=776&pid=18027#pid18027

It continues on the next page. Sorry for the multiple posts but the forum only let's me post 10 images at a time.

Let me know if you need more comparisons or if that's enough.