Sign in to follow this  
DrShloickerstein

Antialiasing not working with Fallout 3, no post processor.

Question

I installed ENBoost as instructed on the Fallout 3 STEP guide (https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Kelmych/Fallout3#ENB_Series), disabling antialiasing and anisotropic filtering in falloutprefs.ini and enabling them in enblocal.ini. However, in game there doesn't appear to be any AA. ENBoost is definitely activated. I tried the injector version as well with the same settings, with the same result. I even tried disabling AF and AA in enblocal.ini and re-enabling them in falloutprefs.ini, but it's still absent. Removing all of the enb files brings it back. I want to use ENBoost for its stability but I can't get past this antialiasing problem.

Specs:

Windows 10 64bit

EVGA GTX 980, latest drivers

Using Mod Organizer

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: It might also be worthwhile mentioning that the grass texture seems to break as well, just becomes very low resolution. Am I just missing something obvious?

Edited by DrShloickerstein

4 answers to this question

Well that makes a lot more sense now; thank you very much for taking the time to explain. I guess the software AA looked so bad I thought it was disabled! :D  I'm wondering why this wasn't mentioned on the STEP guide though, maybe I should make a suggestion if there's a way to do that.

Thanks Audley for the excellent summary. A reference to your post was added to the Fallout 3 guide.