Skyrim and Skyrimpref.ini files

BuddaBelly

Question

When I start Skyrim in MO the game starts but in about a 4 inch box in the upper left hand corner of the screen.

I thought it might have something to do with the .ini files. I opened the ini editor and I have a Skyrim.ini file but my prefs file is blank.

I seem to recall that if you delete them both and then start Skyrim they will be recreated.

I've looked in the Skyrim, Data, documents/My Games/Skyrim and MO folders and can't find either of them. I know that the Skyrim.ini file has to be somewhere or it wouldn't show up in the editor.

I couldn't find a reference to their location in the documentation.

I'm 62 there is no way that I can play my favorite game in that little box. :^_^:

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Something that never happened to me before is my virus scanner said that modorganizer.exe was a bad file.

Edited by BuddaBelly

2 answers to this question

Run launcher, that's why I was getting the missing audio .dll and had to install DirectX to resolve the issue.

Hey!!!!! I have the files now.

Hopefully I can finally get the game to run.

After a wipe and fresh reload of my HDD, I've been working for two days on getting Skyrim running again. Weird stuff, Update and DLC.esm files in my overwrite folder, the fore mentioned .dll issue, getting an error about nxm files not being recognized by Firefox when trying to download mods (did them all manually) and the .ini files.

That was my last issue, HOPEFULLY.

Thanks loads for your quick response.

When you run Skyrim Launcher the first time to set the resolution and graphics quality options, Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini are created in the C:\Users\\Documents\My Games\Skyrim folder. When you run Mod Organizer the first time or create a new profile, these two ini files are copied to the ModOrganizer\profiles\ folder.