ENB, dx9, and New Vegas

duckyhunter

Question

I'm a user of EssArrBee's fantastic Fear and Loathing modding guide, and I've got a question regarding our good friend VideoMemorySizeMb.

I have a very powerful system, with two Titan X's in SLI, adding up to 24 GB VRAM, and 32 GB of DDR3 RAM.  Even without SLI, that's 12GB of VRAM.  And no matter what, my available memory per the dx9 VRAMSizeTest is only 4064 MB.  (With the dx11 version, I get around 15000 fluctuating, which still seems way too low, but it's a hell of a lot better than 4064).

For reference, according to the screen resolution advanced settings window, I have 28605 MB of Total Available Graphics Memory and 12288 MB of Dedicated Video Memory.

Reading through this thread, this seems to be a driver issue that I can't do anything about.  The last post in that thread pretty much echoes my concern about wasted memory.  Has anyone else run into this?  Am I really stuck with using only 4 GB of the dozens available in my system?

2 answers to this question

Firstly, I am sorry to be the one to tell you this but VRAM doesn't stack in SLI. So regardless you still have 12GB of VRAM in total. Which to be honest is still fine for now even at 4K. Other than that I would manually set the VRAM amount in your ENB Local .ini file and completely ignore the test thing if it is not showing the correct amount. According to STEP it would be: 12,228 (12GB) - 350 = 11878. This way you can bypass the autmatic VRAM tester and it will go off of what you put down.

Nope, you're stuck with 4064 for use in the enblocal.ini. It's been reported by dozens of users. I've also talked to Boris and Sheson about it who seem to think the same thing. The drivers for Windows 8/10 are limited to using 4GB for DX9 games and that's it. Windows 7 is the last OS that will allow more, unless a driver update fixes this in the future.