Need help regarding Fallout 3 crashing

CubicMaestro

Question

Hello everybody I desperately need your help.

Today  I finished the STEP guide and stated playing. Before leaving the vault at the beginning everything seemed fine but when i got outside my game kepps crashing after a while no matter where i go. I can't even reach Springvale before the crash.

As a report i get an BEX error and i am not sure what to do with that.

My system specs are as follows:

Windows 7 64-bit

Intel Core i7 2600k

AMD Radeon HD 7950 (3GB VRAM)

8GB DDR3 1600 RAM

Everything is not installed on C: in case anyone of you is wondering. Also i'm gonna attach my LOOT Load Order just in case.

Fallout 3 GotY LOOT Load Order.txt

Edited by CubicMaestro

1 answer to this question

When leaving vault 101 the game engine is stressed since it is the first time in the wasteland. Run GPUz while doing this and see how much VRAM is used when you leave Vault 101. If the VRAM usage seems high then

• reduce the number of high resolution textures being used, and/or
  • when you ran Fallout Launcher (or fINIp 3) did what graphics option did you choose. If you chose Ultra you might want to redo this (which requires redoing the INI tweaks in MO) or just change the Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini to the values for the High (or a lower) choice. 

You should also monitor CPU use when leaving Vault 101 to see how high it gets.

As also mentioned in answers to a lot of other support questions, it's a good idea to try testing using different MO profile(s) with fewer plugins when leaving Valut 101 (or other times when the game seems to become quite unstable) to test whether there are more plugins being used than the system and game engine can support.