nothing about conflicts

thebigJ_A

Should there not be something in the guide about going through fnvedit when you're done? Not in detail, as that would take forever and only be valid for someone who installed every single mod and wanted things exactly the same as the author. Guidelines or something might be in order, no? I mean, there are *lots* of conflicts. Not all of them are ok conflicts,  just the newer mod overwriting the older. The bashed patch makes some odd choices.

I just spent like an hour making a merged patch (to go along with and after the bash so I can just wipe it if I break anything while changing thing the bashed patch doesn't touch). There are things like some of the smaller mods added later reset the way characters look back to vanilla, or the bashed patch doesn't pick up a change, or things like the VATS shotgun fixes from YUP being overridden by WMX.

Myself I think I've managed most of the npc issues, but I dont know enough about the game's engine to be confident about making other changes, or even to be able to tell what ought to be changed and what ought to be left. Just the fact I've found things even I can tell are wrong means there who knows what else. Like which conflict is givng my character slenderman fingers when I add the long barrel weapon mod to That Gun? I dig around and see lots of red but Idk what I'm looking for.

Unfortunately there are things that the bash patch may not cover well or at all.  The official STEP deals with some of these with the STEP patches requiring Core or Extended.  Currently the Fallout user guides do not have these.  Even if SRB made one, it would require the entirety of the guide (unless he did tiers, but that is still alot of work maintaining multiple versions).  Additionally the merge script can renumber formids, which can make patches impossible (unsure if that's the case with all of the particular merges in the guide).  I know they are looking at the xedit script for better bash tags to alleviate some of the issues, but it will ultimately be up to the user to address alot of the little conflicts for the time being.

Try this, from EssArrBee:

"Run the generate bash tags script on [all of your non-vanilla plugins] with xEdit and it will do it for you.

1. Go to the link, right click RAW, save the file to your FNVEdit/Edit Scripts folder. Make sure it's saved as a .pas (Pascal/Delphi) file.
  2. Open FNVEdit, load only the plugin, hold shift while clicking [OK] on the mod list.
  3. Right click the plugin, apply script, selected the generate bash tag script.
  4. Choose yes to apply to the header and let it run.
  5. Save and close.
  6. Bash will now apply tags automatically."

What this will do is automatically analyze your plugins and generate the appropriate tags for them so that you can create a more effective bashed patch.  Your will have to re-add the Deflst tag manually with Wrye Flash for whichever mods the script removes it from, because supposedly it does not handle that tag properly.  Likely the only plugin that will cause this issue is: "1nivVSLArmors.esp".  The bash tags applied are from a combination of sources though: the header of the mod itself (which the script modifies), LOOT, and manually through Wrye Flash.  If you do a manual edit of the tags for a plugin, your edits will override the other sources of tags.  For "1nivVSLArmors.esp" you will want to do a manual edit since LOOT incorrectly adds a Delev tag.  Your manual edit should include the tags from LOOT and the script-modified header minus the "Delev" one.  I hope that all made sense.

• +1 1

Try this, from EssArrBee:

"Run the generate bash tags script on [all of your non-vanilla plugins] with xEdit and it will do it for you.

1. Go to the link, right click RAW, save the file to your FNVEdit/Edit Scripts folder. Make sure it's saved as a .pas (Pascal/Delphi) file.
  2. Open FNVEdit, load only the plugin, hold shift while clicking [OK] on the mod list.
  3. Right click the plugin, apply script, selected the generate bash tag script.
  4. Choose yes to apply to the header and let it run.
  5. Save and close.
  6. Bash will now apply tags automatically."

What this will do is automatically analyze your plugins and generate the appropriate tags for them so that you can create a more effective bashed patch.  Your will have to re-add the Deflst tag manually with Wrye Flash for whichever mods the script removes it from, because supposedly it does not handle that tag properly.  Likely the only plugin that will cause this issue is: "1nivVSLArmors.esp".  The bash tags applied are from a combination of sources though: the header of the mod itself (which the script modifies), LOOT, and manually through Wrye Flash.  If you do a manual edit of the tags for a plugin, your edits will override the other sources of tags.  For "1nivVSLArmors.esp" you will want to do a manual edit since LOOT incorrectly adds a Delev tag.  Your manual edit should include the tags from LOOT and the script-modified header minus the "Delev" one.  I hope that all made sense.

So I do that to every plugin individually, one at a time? Like, load each in fnvedit one at a time by itelf? Or can I just uncheck all the esms and go down the list running the script on each?

Edited by thebigJ_A