Firefox Performance Declining

TechAngel85

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm...what? Please tell me how they don't. If it takes Google Chrome 1.5 seconds to load from a cold start for me, and it takes Pale Moon 4 seconds to load for me, that means something correct?

If I open the same 5 tabs and always get 300mb of ram used in Firefox, and open the same 5 tabs in Waterfox and it uses 550mb of ram every time then that means something right?

If it takes Google Chrome 1.5 seconds to load from a cold start for me, and it takes Pale Moon 4 seconds to load for me, that means something correct?

Doesn't Chrome have lots processes running in the task manager just so it can be fast to start? I don't have it installed so I can't check this, but I seem to remember that.

Doesn't Chrome have lots processes running in the task manager just so it can be fast to start? I don't have it installed so I can't check this, but I seem to remember that.

Well no, each tab opens as a separate process to make Chrome faster and more stable. Having each tab a different process doesn't really make it start faster though.

Just a little update from me. I had to restart FF the other day. It was still only using ~700MB in Safe Mod; however, it crashed for the first time in...I can't remember when! So it was even less stable without the plugins. With only a select for plugins enabled after the restart,

• Disconnect
  • Super Start
  • uBlock Origins
  • Print Edit
  • Cookie Manager+

The memory shot up to 2GB and I was experiencing UI issues, website display issues, and general slowness. I've disabled Print Edit and Cookie Manager+ and giving it another go with just the three "essential" plugins. I'll report back when I have some results.

Wow, that's pretty crazy Tech. Well something that might help is deleting Disconnect. You don't need it if you have uBlock Origin.

Extensions > uBlock Options > 3rd Party Filters > Ctrl+F: "Disconnect" > Check the 3 Disconnect lists > Apply Changes

Your welcome.

Thanks!

Now I only have two plugins active. The others I can activate if I ever need them and then deactivate them again when I'm done. With only two plugins active, I'm expecting to see normal memory use again unless this is something broken in FF itself.