Sign in to follow this  
alsedexus

Optimizing mods - nothing happens

Hi.

I'm currently running through the whole F&L and have come to the optimization of mods as in https://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/Fear_and_Loathing_Texture_Optimization

I have copied the first four stipulated mods as the instructions say to "Mods Extracted". When I run 4_FNV_Mod_Sorting_Pre-optimization_2.76.bat the only thing it does is create the folders and that's it. There is nothing in the folders. Only "Mods extracted" contain any files. I get no other error message than ERROR 2 (which is not a real error according to the instructions).

So I'm wondering if there is anything wrong with the batchfile or if I should skip optimizing those mods all together. Optimizing the vanilla textures worked like a charm.

Any one know about this?

Hi, alsedexus!

Have you ran the game and experienced performance issues? If not, it might not be worth the hassle to perform the optimization. 

As for the batchfile, it should work as promised; are you sure you haven't skipped a line in the instructions? Perhaps you forgot to give each mod its separate folder within the "Mod Extracted" folder?

Hi, alsedexus!

Have you ran the game and experienced performance issues? If not, it might not be worth the hassle to perform the optimization. 

As for the batchfile, it should work as promised; are you sure you haven't skipped a line in the instructions? Perhaps you forgot to give each mod its separate folder within the "Mod Extracted" folder?

As of now, I've just ran through the character creation at the Doc and no issues so far, so I might skip the optimization all together.

I have double checked and each mod has it's own seperate folder.

I've read through the batchfile and I'm sad to say I am at a loss as to how to proceed. I can only hope the optimization won't be necessary, or if it is, recommend carefully going through the instructions step by step and eventually checking the batch' logfile for anything that looks out of place.

Edited by MonoAccipiter