Bashed Patch, MO and errors

Pandore

Question

Hello (me again)

Have a problem with MO : it says that error message but I don't know if I have to worry about it, what it means, how to fix it ...

DEBUG (23:52:09.0797): remove mod file D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Bashed Patch, 0.esp
INFO (23:52:09.0797): deleting D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Bashed Patch, 0.esp -> D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\data\Bashed Patch, 0.esp
DEBUG (23:52:09.0797): using path from previous deletion: D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\data\Bashed Patch, 0.esp
DEBUG (23:52:09.0797): remove mod file D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Bashed Patch, 0.esp.tmp

ERROR (23:52:09.0797): not a mod directory: D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\data\Bashed Patch, 0.esp
DEBUG (23:52:09.0847): move (ex) D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Bashed Patch, 0.esp.tmp to D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Bashed Patch, 0.esp - 1 (183)
DEBUG (23:52:09.0849): handle opened with backup semantics: D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Bashed Patch, 0.esp
DEBUG (23:52:09.0924): get file attributes: C:\Users\M�lanie\AppData\Local\FalloutNV\plugins.txt -> D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Mod Organizer\profiles\Fear and Loathing\plugins.txt: 20
DEBUG (23:52:09.0924): get file attributes: C:\Users\M�lanie\AppData\Local\FalloutNV\plugins.txt -> D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Mod Organizer\profiles\Fear and Loathing\plugins.txt: 20

Thank you (I feel like a newbie !!)

6 answers to this question

I receive this error sometimes. It's nothing to worry about. If you read line 7 of the log you posted it it says "handle opened with backup semantics". I'm not sure why it doesn't find it the first time, seeing as the file path seems to be identical in all executions, but it get's the job done.

EDIT: Not that it's an issue, just out of curiosity rather, did you rebuild the bashed patch when you got this error? As in you had one before and rebuilt it?

Edited by DrainO

That 'error' occurs when you install Wrye Flash, and it places a copy of Bashed Patch directly into the Data folder, but then when you actually create your own bashed patch you should now have it in a mod inside MO's VFS structure. It's a quirk of the two tools being used together.

The copy in your Data folder should be removed.

Also, nothing directly related but, in your log post above you have your %UserData% folder listed as:

C:\Users\M�lanie\AppData\Local\

Is that actually what you have or is it an error in the text copying in the forum software? I'm assuming your actual folder is:

C:\Users\Melanie\AppData\Local\

If you do have an odd character in that folder you may be looking at issues with other tools that can't see it correctly.

That 'error' occurs when you install Wrye Flash, and it places a copy of Bashed Patch directly into the Data folder, but then when you actually create your own bashed patch you should now have it in a mod inside MO's VFS structure. It's a quirk of the two tools being used together.

The copy in your Data folder should be removed.

Also, nothing directly related but, in your log post above you have your %UserData% folder listed as:

C:\Users\M�lanie\AppData\Local\

Is that actually what you have or is it an error in the text copying in the forum software? I'm assuming your actual folder is:

C:\Users\Melanie\AppData\Local\

If you do have an odd character in that folder you may be looking at issues with other tools that can't see it correctly.

Hi and thank you all for your answers ! Yeah now you say that I see something strange about that folder thing ... Well I have a folder with the strange ? thing, and I thing it is because I put "Mélanie" as user name, because I'm french ... but maybe it causes some trouble ... Look at my screenshots : there is 3 different "Mélanie" folders, one correctly written, the two others like "M;!;:;!,;,lanie" and "M?lanie", and the local folder is in the "Mélanie" correctly written folder ... Is MO finding the good one but can't write it correctly ? And is it a problem to have that 3 folders along ? :/

I usually leave the bashed patch in my data folder so there is one there to work with for every profile. That only really matters if you use lots of profiles. I always at least 3, but I'm a special case. 

So you say that I can remove it but I can keep it too ? Is it safe to remove it ? Only if I don't make any new profile ?

TY all !!!

post-4821-0-36388600-1435078721_thumb.png

post-4821-0-33661300-1435078730_thumb.png

TBH, I am not 100% sure if diacritics in file or folder names will cause any issue with MO, I would imagine that if your OS sees the folders then MO too will see them and everything will function correctly.

Ok so we'll assume it's not wild in my C :D

And thank you for your help !!

Edited by Pandore