Sign in to follow this  
bitdman

Does anybody know why enb.272 is not compatible with STEP extended?

Question

I had STEP extended running with enb v.269 and it looked pretty good....I replaced enb with v.272 to see if it made a difference and I wiped out the game.....It started with a bunch of colored triangles of various sizes......If it's not compatible  with Skyrim why is it shown as the newest enb version for Skyrim? or is this just an over sight?

9 answers to this question

I think you should look over your .ini files to make sure you have the correct settings in them.  Maybe you didn't set things right.  It's easy to mess those .inis up by accident or by not noticing something that should be set differently. 

Are you sure you installed the new version properly?  Remember that if you overwrote your old installation directory with the files from the new version that you will have to make sure you re-configure your enb .ini file(s).  If you simply use ENBoost, it will only require modifying enblocal.ini again, but if you use an ENB you may have to remodify more than that.

Any issues with various ENB versions are almost always a result of either drivers, or other 3rd party software at the users end. If a wide spread issue was present with any given version it would have been reported en mass at the ENB forums. So far nobody have reported any such issues. 

If you can eliminate that drivers or 3rd party issues are to blame then you can make a report of your findings over there. Also make sure to try with just the default files first, and then add a preset afterwards.

The game was running fine and for some 'stupid reason' I saw V272....I only installed the d3d9 dll, enbhost,and the enblocal files which I had already made the required changes to......

For some reason ....now I cant even revert back to the V269 I get the same triangular colored forms and large blocks of color........Is there something else that go changed when I upgraded to V272 that doesn't get removed or overwritten when I revert back to V269?

I vaguely remember looking at my game files and seeing a d3d9_34.dll file, but it's not there now. Are there 2 d3d9 files in the game?

There are not - but graphical anomalies like what you describe sound more to me like an impending problem with the card itself, especially since reverting back to the older version didn't fix your problem. I'm running the latest on a modifued version of Extended with no issues (other than occassional CTDs... Oh, Skyrim, how I love thee...). How old is your current card, and what type is it?

Actually, I'm been noticing several posts about issues with v.272. Right now it's just a feature update that can be skipped so don't updated unless you're a screen archer.

I hope it's not the card, but I know what you mean when you say it seems like a card going.....I's an HD7970 not even 2 years old.   what has me confused is if it's a glitch with V272 why won't deleting everything ENB.272 and installing the d3d9 dll ,enb host and the customized enb local set everything back to the way it was......I hate to cry like a baby but I had a real good game going..Dogonit.

I removed everything related to enb and was able to access the Chr. menu   but when I tried to exit the Inn door to go outside the game stops responding....FYI

I think you are right.....I forgot to set them to read only and they got reset.....Thanks for the tip

Mark this solved ::):