Dawnguard Sentries Plus (by rms827)

Crimson13

Looks to be an interesting immersive addition to the game; if it didn't add more Danguard NPCs to the castle they have it would explain why it rather empty, haha. I like the fact that it adds Dawnguard guards at the holds and minor cities to help with the vampire spawns that show up, even with When Vampires Attack in my load order I still had trouble with myself going to towns at night on the off chance something happened. With this there's a better deterrent to that.

There's a bunch of things it adds that I think add immersion to the game with the Dawnguard DLC, a more offensive approach than the hardly any on the Dawnguards side. And if you don't like something the author has a MCM menu so you can change things around.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66126/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D66126%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Sounds cool.  What does the vanilla game do with regards to Dawnguard guards - do you ever see them outside of Castle Dawnguard?

This mods sounds like it might add something that greatly improves the game with regards to the game environment evolving in a way that makes sense in light of the storyline.

Sounds cool.  What does the vanilla game do with regards to Dawnguard guards - do you ever see them outside of Castle Dawnguard?

This mods sounds like it might add something that greatly improves the game with regards to the game environment evolving in a way that makes sense in light of the storyline.

I use Immersive Patrols which includes Dawnguard patrols in it so I don't know what vanilla Skyrim is like, I do know that you can run into 3 DG courier like NPCs. You can kill them or pickpocket a note off of them which talks of a cache which you can get. I think that's about it.

I use Immersive Patrols which includes Dawnguard patrols in it so I don't know what vanilla Skyrim is like, I do know that you can run into 3 DG courier like NPCs. You can kill them or pickpocket a note off of them which talks of a cache which you can get. I think that's about it.

I also use a mod that adds patrols - Skyrim Immersive Creatures, which adds factional patrols, including Dawnguard ones.

I like the idea of having some extra city protection.  I have had many times run into issues with "Run for Your Lives" and "When Vampires Attack" not working as intended.  I hate seeing stupid villagers run to their deaths instead of flee (nothing worse than seeing grandma run in, ride the neck of a dragon like a cowgirl riding a bull from hell, and then put the killmove on furnace breath - I mean, it's funny, but it kind of really kills the moment).  I prefer to see warriors and fighter-types - those expected to stand up and put their lives at stake to defend the town - to be the ones to do so.

Anyway, a mod that would make the Vigilants of Stendarr and Dawnguard play a more significant role in protecting the realm sounds like a winner to me.  As long as it's done right, and doesn't add too much to make something seem unbalanced or take away from the intent of the story.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

My questions is WHEN it adds them. I use a mod that delays the DG stuffs, including the recruitment, until I his level 25 or so (Timing is Everything mod, BTW), so if they aren't even recruiting yet, I wouldn't expect to see DG patrols either.

Minor point, and very mod-derived, but still one for consideration for those like me.