SSAO not working with ENB

Aggrumon

Question

I can't seem to get SSAO to work with enb.

I've used several enbs, and none of them seem to render AO. All the typical steps have been taken when using an enb. I've disabled AA and AF in options. I edited my Skyrimpref.ini to their correct values as instructed by enb presets. I made sure to install the enbs carefully as instructed. I made sure enb.series.ini was set to render AO. 

I've tried upgrading and downgrading drivers also, but no dice

my GPU is a Radeon R9280 3gb 

CPU AMD FX 6300 8 core 5GHZ

Edited by Aggrumon

6 answers to this question

Make sure AO is set to be enabled or app controlled in the drivers. I don't know how AMD drivers are, but I know Nvidia has two options for AO. One sets it to enabled so that games can use it (if the game doesn't use AO, it won't be forced just by enabling it). The other setting actually forces AO on via the drivers. So look for some settings in your drivers to make sure you're not forcing it off.

Make sure AO is set to be enabled or app controlled in the drivers. I don't know how AMD drivers are, but I know Nvidia has two options for AO. One sets it to enabled so that games can use it (if the game doesn't use AO, it won't be forced just by enabling it). The other setting actually forces AO on via the drivers. So look for some settings in your drivers to make sure you're not forcing it off.

Unfortunately, AMD doesn't offer AO in it's drivers. You can only get AO if the game offers it natively (or from another program like an enb from what I understand). RadeonPRO is a thrid party application that's suppose to work like Nvidia's advanced options, but it's unstable for a lot of people, and I haven't gotten it to work at all.