Sign in to follow this  
rootsrat

TES5EDIT error - unable to copy quest Script records to a patch ESP

Question

I have this strange problem with The Heart of Dibella (FormID: 00023B6C) quest in TES5EDIT. 

Whenever I copy over the relevant conflicting entries to my custom ESP patch it seems that the records are copied over correctly, the file is getting saved correctly and yet when I reopen it in T5E the erroneous entries reappear. 

1) The initial state

17aetx.jpg

2) Fixed 

243ngwj.jpg

3) Reopened file

17aetx.jpg

Any ideas...? 

5 answers to this question

Hey there. 

Here's the file

I'm using xEdit 1.75, but it's irrelevant, as I am moving the records manually. I am not merging any files (however my custom ESP does contain some merged mods - mostly patches for other mods).

::EDIT::

OK, have some further info. 

I messed up with the individual rows in this record and here's the culprit I think:

kbog29.jpg

See the highlighted bit. 

So I unticked "Show only conflicting rows", deleted all the conflicting and broken rows, and started to move them over one by one. When I moved the one that's highlighted, I noticed the Bool value in it is False, as in the USKP, however it says "Warning: Expected 1 bytes of data, found 4". 

NOTE: TES5Edit still finds that as a non-conflicting entry - I suspect because the field's value itself is identical to the other ESPs.

Extremely strange, never seen that before. This is obviously boolean, so it SHOULD be 1 bye (1 or 0, true or false), but for some reason, when I drag and drop the USKP (or Vanilla for that matter) entry it's treated as 4 bytes... What's going on here?

-- I type as I dabble in T5E, so here's the update:

When I "Edit" this entry it does only display False as it's value. 

When I click on the entry, I can actually select the value from a drop down list. Selecting True and then selecting False again made the error disappear:

Step 1:

2dqq448.jpg

Step 2:

nfky13.jpg

I guess I'll need to copy the whole VMAD group and then find all the erroneous entries and fix them manually as per the above.

I'll report back. 

As I suspected, this has fixed my issue. Hopefully this will come handy to someone! 

Hey there. 

Here's the file

I'm using xEdit 1.75, but it's irrelevant, as I am moving the records manually. I am not merging any files (however my custom ESP does contain some merged mods - mostly patches for other mods).

It's a bug with tes5edit 3.0.32 (Something with VM if I recall correct). It's fixed in  tes5edit 3.0.33.

mine seems to have saved correctly... 

Is it in a mod folder or the overwrite?

Mine was in the overwrite and it was fine.

and by xEdit, I meant the (Tes5)Edit

Mine is the beta and it seems fine so maybe grab it here

Check the updates in my post above guys, I figured it out finally. 

It's a bug with tes5edit 3.0.32 (Something with VM if I recall correct). It's fixed in  tes5edit 3.0.33.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that I am using 3.0.32 indeed, didn't know 33 was out! Thanks :)

Oh well, at least I learned something new :P

Where can I get 3.0.33? It's not on Nexus.

Nevermind, found it ;)