How do I get my system RAM to work with VRAM?

Riggsie15

Question

Hi, I thought I'd get back into Skyrim after a couple years.  I'm using STEP to guide my mod installation.  STEP is great for easing me back into the modding circle.

One thing I've noticed on forums and videos is people are getting their System RAM and the VRAM to work together to run the extensive mods.  I see the RAM helps out with like 40% of the work load.  My problem is my System RAM is not doing anything.  I'm only 2/3 of the way through STEP and I'm already getting bad stuttering in my Benchmark, mainly coming into Helgen.  I used Skyrim Performance Monitor and have found that my VRAM pretty well maxes out as soon a I start the game, while the RAM hardly moves.

10869700_10204350152366456_1659147896011

2015-01-04 22:48:00 - TESV
Frames: 10345 - Time: 205625ms - Avg: 50.310 - Min: 9 - Max: 63

My Rig:

CPU: Intel® Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz

System RAM: 16GB

GPU: 2x GeForce GTX 570

VRAM: 1280MB

Resolution: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz

My rig runs BF4 and Dragon Age Inquisition on ultra!  So I would like to know what the go?

The URL's of your screenshots is apparently associated to some sort of malware (Hijacking) according to this source (And many others, try google it). Maybe virus are to blame for your problems? Try to install and run malwarebytes or something similar and see what it reports.

Hey sorry about the screenshots. I don't normally posts screenshots on the net, so I was using facebook to get the URLs. I would upload to facebook and then copy and paste the URL.

You have to be trolling! Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Nehrim, and Oblivion in the Skyrim folder AND the "screenshot" was taken with a camera! :lol:

I'm not trolling honest (though I still don't really now what trolling is). I don't know why the other game files are in there. I took that screenshot with a camera because I could get my computer to take a screenshot of the folder. I ï¸haven't posted screenshot on the net before this post before.

Please do not double post use the edit button.

Trolling: Link

I find it hard to believe someone does not know what a troll is at this point in time. I suppose it is possible.

Interesting situation to be sure...

Thanks, that what I thought trolling was. I was just confuse as to why I accused of trolling when I'm just looking for help with my computers performance.

Still not working? Make sure you've done this as well: https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_Installation#Security_Settings

Hey I followed the directions in the sercurity section, but it's still not coming up in task manager. I can run the game and at 60 frames most of the time. There is a bit of stuttering and the odd crash but it's playable. Thanks for the help. I just think it's a shame all that RAM is just sitting there not getting utilised when others have been able to use it.

You have something interfering with it for it to not be running. First, I would clean up your Skyrim directory and get all that stuff out that isn't suppose to be there (looks like you could have changed your installation directory in Steam to your Skyrim directory). Second, make sure your antivirus isn't blocking it. There should be a way to add exceptions to your antivirus so that it'll ignore the enbhost.exe program. Third, if it still doesn't work, try using the Injector version rather than the Wrapper version.