Weapons seem to be bugged

Timota21

Question

So I finished installing everything, checking to see if the game would load a clean save at the start of each sub header in guide, but I've run into a problem when I start actually playing.

Some weapons, so far the .22 silenced SMG and the laser pistol, don't shoot anything. They make a sound like they are shooting, and recoil like the COF is blooming but no projectiles come out, and no damage is done to enemies.

And enemies seem to attempt to draw weapons, but immediately put them away and just stare at me. Those with melee weapons eventually switch and start attacking as normal. Some have the same problem I'm having where they shoot at me, I can hear the sound of gun fire, but no bullets go whizzing by and I take no damage.

It's all very odd and quite comical when fighting large groups but I do want to fix it

Edited by Timota21

3 answers to this question

I've done both. And both seem to have the same problems.

It also seems to be affecting both new and old weapons equally. One of the new pistols works for instance, but the varmint rifle and cowboy repeater are shooting blanks.

I'm going to go section by section disabling mods until the problem goes away. I did try this once already, but I got a weird hang up at start. I think that was an ENB bug though. Had to turn off the super sampling which makes me sad but I'll make due haha.

Edit: Worked my way back up to Do you feel Lucky? but weird enemy AI persists. Seems as though weapons work for the most part now.

Edited by Timota21

Start by disabling the merged plugins first. 

Make sure you have the latest versions of xEdit and the merge script. I heard of some people having weird issues with the older versions of xEdit and the latest merge script. You may even track down the beta version of TES5Edit on the iguadons.net (i think that is the name) forums and rename TES5Edit.exe to FNVEdit.exe. Then try to remerge stuff.