Sign in to follow this  
Reurecdead

Running ENB Manager and Changer as Admin?

Ok, this may be an obvious or stupid question but in the ENB section of the guide it says:

Open ENB Manager and Changer. *Note: Run this as an Administrator.*

I know how to set a program to run as admin in the compatability section of the properties for a file. The issue is that it I'm unable to give a file like ENB_Manager.jar admin privileges. It's not an executable. Now, I am always logged in as an administrator with my windows account. Is that what you're referring to or am I missing something? I've been unable to run the ENB because it CTD's when loading the main menu screen. (I made a different post about it a week or two ago but no one has had any fixes or been able to guide me through this problem so I'm going over every little detail to make sure it's right.)

Thanks in advance for any help...

Try to use it and see if the files and folders in question are moved into the Skyrim folder tree. If they are, then it worked. It worked for me, but I've disabled the UAC stuff for Skyrim, so YMMV.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Similar Content

• By z929669
      Up until a week or so ago, forum members that had never logged into the wiki prior to Feb 12, 2021 were unable to log onto the Step wiki. Why? We had permissions missing after the site move at that time.
      Since nobody mentioned it until @Ruedii did so a couple of weeks ago, we never knew it. It should be fixed now, so that anyone that has forum membership should once again be able to log onto the wiki with same member name and password.
      note that if your member name begins with a lower case letter, it will need to be upper case for the wiki user name. This is just a wiki thing, so no getting around it. Once logged in, simply check the box so that future logins don't require a password (if browser cookies are enabled).
    • By z929669
      Discussion topic:
      ENB Light by 4109
      Wiki Link
      Download ENB Light 0.98 Alpha 2 and install with the following options ... NOTE: need to test these options against mods that they may overwrite (e.g., Leanwolf's, Embers XD, et.). Check conflicts to determine what files to hide when testing.

EmbersXD seems to have built in compatibility for its meshes so ENB Light should not overwrite them (will need to hide or not install this meshes) Battle Ready Candlelight Fixes is completely overwritten by this mod
    • By z929669
      New Topic Biolerplate
      <p> <span style="font-size:14px; font-weight:bold;">Discussion topic:</span><br> <span style="font-size:24px; font-weight:bold;"><a data-ipb="nomediaparse" href="https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/Template:TemplateName" rel="">Template:TemplateName</a></span> </p> <hr> <p> &nbsp;   </p> When creating templates on the wiki, please use the following format, which strictly implements the 'noinclude'/'includeonly' tags and relevant HTML and adds other useful info. Cut/paste EXACTLY and edit in place (please don't add additional line breaks or markup unless absolutely necessary).
      Template code MUST be placed between the 'noinclude'/'includeonly' tags without spaces or line breaks. Spaces and line breaks can lead to unexpected results in certain situations. Any linked templates under "Related Templates" should take the form of {{:TEMPLATE NAME}} (note the colon at front). Available Template Categories
      New template Biolerplate
      <includeonly>__NOTOC__<includeonly><INSERT TEMPLATE CODE HERE WITHOUT ANY SPACES OR LINE BREAKS></includeonly><noinclude>__NOTOC__[[Category:Template Category Name]][https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15978-pagetitle/ '''Forum Topic'''] == Purpose & Usage == Describe what this template is intended to do and how it works. === Required Parameters === <span class="salmontx">'''parameterName'''</span> - parameterDescription : '''Values''' :: Default: [ n/a; <code>parameterName=parameterDefaultValue</code> | <code>parameterName=parameterDefaultValue</code> ] :* ''parameterDefaultValue'' ... :* parameterValue2 :* parameterValue3 :* parameterValueN ... === Optional Parameters === : '''Values''' :: Default: [ n/a; <code>parameterName=parameterDefaultValue</code> | <code>parameterName=parameterDefaultValue</code> ] :* ''parameterDefaultValue'' ... :* parameterValue2 :* parameterValue3 :* parameterValueN ... == Examples == : '''Code:''' <code><nowiki>{{TEMPLATE NAME AND PARAMETERS}}</nowiki></code> : '''Result:''' :: {{TEMPLATE NAME AND PARAMETERS}} == Related Templates == [[:RELATED TEMPLATE NAME AND ARGUMENTS]] </noinclude>