Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival (by Chesko)

Vond

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is where my thread disappeared to. Thanks!

I'm hard at work on the next update, 1.6.1, which will include a host of new features that I think people are really going to enjoy, such as dynamic backpacks, a new weather detection system compatible with most weather mods, a more flexible campfire system, and more.

Left a 7-day trail, so you will just need to visit at least once a week ;)

Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival by Chesko 

Those dynamic backpacks are indeed awesome. Would be sweet if you could drop the backpack to temporarily reduce the weight of what you are carrying. Make a nice way of dropping a lot of items that theoretically would easily fit in there all in one shot. Pick up the pack, and you get it all back.

This really opens a lot of doors with the camping, horse, and realism mods. Convenient Horses allows horse inventory, so this could add all your camping equipment to the horse's back and make it look like you were a real drifter.

Pretty soon Skyrim will be a survival/fantasy sim/rpg.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'd like to comment as I use this mod as well. It really is amazing. However, from what I've read on your mods page (haven't seen in game to verify) is that you say npcs will put on cloaks with Winter Is Coming. Why is there not and option for npcs to put them on when it gets cold with Cloaks of Skyrim? I'd really like to see that.

• 7 months later...

Update 2.5:

Version 2.5

FEATURES

==============

* I have put together a new suite of spells for mages that feel balanced, lore-friendly, and help you cope with the cold in unique ways while still managing to make you feel more powerful in some ways than your spell-less brethren. The link above summarizes the spells pretty well. Click each one to learn a bit more about how it works. Most of them should feel pretty natural and self-explanatory.

* SkyUI: Exposure meter (right) and Wetness meter (left). The exposure meter turns a fiery red when "warm". It depletes to 0 and then climbs back up again in the icy color as your exposure increases. There is a very wide variety of display configuration options available; have fun turning all of the different knobs available.

* SkyUI: New Weathersense Gem indicator; appears at the top of the screen by default. It will change colors depending on the surrounding temperature, so no need to continuously use a power to check it. See this page for details on what each color means.

* SkyUI: New Exposure Protection indicator in the inventory menu.

* Unlit campfires in Skyrim can now be lit with a torch or flame spell or shout, and behave similarly to all other Frostfall campfires. Frostfall is now strictly incompatible with Dynamic Fires by Woodbyte. You cannot put out fires that are already lit in the world. Lit Giant campfires will burn as long as you are near them.

* If you are carrying a waterskin with water in it from IMCN or RND, it will now display on your Frostfall backpack.

* You can now make a campfire with 10 Ruined Books (either type, in varying amounts). It shows an appropriate graphic of a pile of burning books.

* The Survivor's Guide now has a new custom book cover by Doccdr and DanielCoffey of Book Covers Skyrim fame.

* Fallen trees, driftwood found on the northern coast (and other places), and dead trees on Whiterun's tundra can now be harvested for deadwood when using Harvest Wood.

* You can now harvest wood while in interiors. This change, combined with the change above, makes it possible to put together a deadwood campfire in places like Bleakcoast Cave, an interior with fallen limbs inside.

Complete changelog

Sounds exciting!