VioLens-A Killmove Mod (by Reko)

DoubleYou

These seem to be the features beyond what Dance of Death offered;

- Mace decapitations can be turned on and off.- Left Attack Killmove Triggers allows you to attack with your left hand weapon and trigger killmoves the same way you do with your right.- Alt Werewolf Killmove Triggers makes the 4 werewolf Killmoves work the same way as normal killmoves, using right attacks or right power attacks.

Ranged- Ranged Killmoves can be toggled off, switched to Magic, or switched to Archery. (Read the Things You Should Know section for more about this.)- Ranged Killmove Chance can be set.- Last Enemy Restriction, meaning Ranged Killmoves can only trigger on the last enemy, can be toggled off and on.- Keymapping for Off/Magic/Archery to allow switching between them on the fly.- 2 Camera Views; Vanilla, which is random over the should shots and projectile shows, and Projectiles, which should show the Projectile Following Cam more often than not.

Sounds like exciting additions. I experienced frequent issues with Combat Drama Overhaul entering ranged kill cam mode and becoming stuck in that mode forcing me to terminate Skyrim, hopefully similar issues aren't present in VioLens (unsure whether my experience was typical or due to a conflict unique to my load order).

The thing that always bothered me with DoD is that I really enjoy the killcam for melee combat and bump it up near 80-90%, but the ranged killcams drive me nuts. I've already noticed an improvement in tuning the frequency of those down. :)

This mod is amazing. I love killcams with both melee and ranged, but it's so freaking annoying with spells and makes no sense. Furthermore, these new animations is complete and awesome. There have ever only been 1 killmove for sneak attack, now there is at least two. 

Endorsed x100000

The thing that always bothered me with DoD is that I really enjoy the killcam for melee combat and bump it up near 80-90%, but the ranged killcams drive me nuts. I've already noticed an improvement in tuning the frequency of those down. :)

I feel you there, I set kill moves to 100% & disable last enemy restriction with no forced perspective. Ranged kill cams seem to be sketchy, although it was CDO (with DoD active) that cause the animation failure trap I ran into with them.

It looks like VioLens adds to what was available in DoD, adds more MCM options, and perhaps sorts the specific killmoves better with regard to weapon type. I'm looking forward to trying this and comparing it to DoD, I was looking for an excuse launch another MO profile/character.

I use EGO (epic gameplay overhaul) which obviously includes CDO, and I to had the same problem as Irish did. I got rid of it. Thought about DoD, but never got around to it. But I see this, and everyone seems sure that this is better (feature wise atleast). So I am going to look at this. So, are there any known issues in-regards to step and this mod that I should know about to make sure it works properly? Feel pretty sure there isn't, but I feel inclined to ask, just to be er, more...sure lol.

... you lost me. If you have an idear for fixing CDO I'm game to try in my current profile. I'll be using VioLens in my next over the weekend, so I can do an ongoing comparison between DoD (with CDO for ranged if there's a fix) and VioLens.

I do like EGO; DCO is fantastic, I have high hopes for CWO but haven't had a chance to get my civil war on, FIO is great (well, I turn the ice off cause its weird to have it hanging in the air), eventually I'll set up the custom music for EMO (I've got Conan the Barbarian soundtrack archived somewhere).

I feel the same, I too turn off the ice cause of that same reason, especially at lower levels, and you don't have the dragonrend shout. So you do alot of waiting while firing away with your bow, and nothing more annoying while trying to maneuver around all the solid ice that has formed around you. It looks cool when you first use it, but after that, it's a real bugger. Author should really look into creating a timer for it to fade away. I have set up emo, didn't care for it much further than playing custom music. I understand the authors thoughts on how retarded vanilla combat music (or just music instances altogether for that matter) can get, but in all honesty his mod is just as capable of being retarded. If you kill a hostile to quick (like really quick), the music will carry on for a while after the fact. If you engage, disengage and then re-engage, the music will never come back. Feel like I am nit-picking, but I don't feel it is worth it. for me anyways. And I haven't got my civil war on either, right now I am about to go to kalvengruud, lol, I know that's wrong but whatev's, where you get the jagged crown from. As for the tes5edit error and the bug we are referencing, I am trying to dig into that right now and see if I can find a possible link, I'll post back with what I find.

I am getting a good feeling that there is a link between the null quest error and the ranged kill cam locking bug. After some browsing, the ego thread on nexus has some posts related to this error that looks like the author refuses to address, as with most people coming at him with any problem really. 

Last post on that thread is this

"And to follow up, a check of CDO showed: [00:03] Checking for Errors in [D7] CombatDramaOverhaul.esp [00:03] BulletTimeCamsNearQuickDUPLICATE001XX [CPTH:D70098E7] [00:03] CPTH Conditions Condition CTDA - Parameter #1 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: QUST [00:04] All Done! Which looks bad, as it's trying to access a variable in a null quest, which may be the source of some of your camera path crashes. I can't figure out what the proper quest should be for that camera path, so I look forward to seeing a patch in the next release. "

So, my guess is that fixing this is not going to happen without the author doing so, or informing people of what the quest should be, so they could if they wanted. That quote was recent btw, posted three days ago. Wish I had more to go on, that poster was able to use the ck to fix the errors that are listed for DCO, which he posted just before the one I quoted. But he couldn't for that error, which why I know I for one will not be able to do anything about it, I am noobishly ignorant with the ck.

• +1 1