Dynamic Merchants by Atomatic

Roogal

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8502

Note - Not for current use (to watch)

Description:

Merchants from all across Skyrim can now profit from the Dovahkiin's adventures. With this mod the amount of gold that a merchant has depends on how much you trade with them. Buy or sell expensive items and the merchant may have extra gold when you next visit.

Most shops will just receive extra gold when they are profitable, but blacksmiths will sometimes receive extra ingots and alchemy stores can receive extra potions. Some merchants also receive rare items after their store has received high trade volume.This currently works for all merchants in Solitude, Whiterun, Windhelm, Riften, Markarth, Falkreath, Morthal, Dawnstar and Winterhold as well as all Fences, Dark Brotherhood and Trade Caravans.

Roogal's Opinion - Works ok, problem is the decay rate is too high (increased amount of gold decreases with time). Not sure where info is saved so you might need to be careful with saves and this mod but haven't experience problems so far. Hopefully author will release further updates soon.

• 1 year later...

I have used this mod for a very long time. So far, I have not had any problems but until very recently my understanding of how mods can effect the game has been exceedingly limited. Despite this, I felt it would be worth it to add my two cents, considering there is only one post so far and others may come along in the future and wish to know a little more.

Here is what I have noticed:

CTDs: During the entire time I've played Skyrim (almost 600 hours) I have had very very few crashes to desktop and that did not seem to change after installing Dynamic Merchants.

Lag and Freezing: I have not had any significant lag. My game froze once recently and before that, I can't recall if it ever did. There is no reason to believe the freeze had anything to do with Dynamic Merchants.

Save Bloat: I haven't noticed. I don't really understand much about what types of mods can cause that (I'm still learning). If this has been occurring, I haven't seen it. Load time has been, for the most part, the same or at least reasonable. A while back, there were a few times I remember thinking it was taking a long time to load but I believe that was before I had this mod. Now that I am aware of save bloating and some of the problems it can cause, I will keep an eye out for it and update this post if I ever come to the conclusion that this mod causes it. I really really doubt that it does though.

Misc Glitching: I have not experienced any glitches that have recurred, nor have I had any glitches that stood out as possibly being related.

I have noticed the decay rate is a little high for my liking also. It required that I have a couple primary merchants or that I run around to merchants all over the map in order to sell all my loot.

Overall, I love this mod even with the high decay rate. If the way merchants work in the vanilla game just really gets to you (as it did me), this is not a bad mod to use.

I've always thought that the Dovakin gets way too rich too early, so any mod that increases his income I am not too keen on gameplay wise. Although this mod does make sense but seems to make the world revolve around the Dovakin even more, which in a roleplaying sense isn't very immersive.

Before I used Skyrim Unleashed which limits your wealth somewhat (so no other "wealth" mod is needed), I used Trade & Barter to decrease the amounts of money loot sells for and more to buy stuff and put more emphasis on the speech perks.