How to get good screenshots with an ENB installed?

Glanzer

Question

I am trying to get good screenshots of Skyrim with Project ENB installed.  The problem is that when I do a PrtScrn it seems to filter out the ENB settings giving me a very washed out vanilla look.  And the same thing happens when I use fraps.So I asked about this in the Project ENB forum and was told I should set up Steam so that it saves an uncompressed screenshot to a folder of my choice:  "go to settings > in-Game and check the box that says save an uncompressed copy. then just f12 in game and it should save the exact image on your screen."Alas, it seems that steam screenshots are not working for me because I can't get the Steam Community Overlay to activate. I found that problem explained here:https://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Take-Screenshots-in-SkyrimWhich directed me for the fix here:https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9394-YOFV-0014Unfortunately I tried everything in the fix but screenshots and the overlay (SHIFT-TAB) aren't working in game. At first I thought it was because I was running steam in standard user mode but MO in administrator mode. So I tried setting both to Administrator mode (didn't work) and setting both to standard mode (didn't work). F12 and SHIFT-TAB do nothing in game for me.Here is how I start the game:1. Start steam.2. Start Mod Organizer.3. Use Mod Organizer to start the SKSE loader which in turn starts Skyrim.

5 answers to this question

@Aiyen:  THANK YOU.  Yes using the ENB shift-insert finally did the trick.  I was pretty sure I had tried that before without success.  But now the screenshots look just like my game.

*edit* still seems just a tad too bright.  lowering the brightness in a picture editory just a bit helps.

Edited by Glanzer

Do you have either Steam or Skyrim installed in User Access Controlled (UAC) directories such as C:Program Files (x86) ? I'm not sure whether this would cause your problem, but having Steam and/or games in UAC folders will cause various problems.

Take your screenshots with ENB Shift + insert by default. Or fraps, or go through the whole setting up steam thing. Many ways to do it. 

I always just use the ENB way since it is 100% reliable and it makes the images as bmp and then you can get the best results with any after effects you might want to do etc. 

Do you have either Steam or Skyrim installed in User Access Controlled (UAC) directories such as C:Program Files (x86) ? I'm not sure whether this would cause your problem, but having Steam and/or games in UAC folders will cause various problems.

No, I was very careful not to install Skyrim or any of the utilities in Program Files. And I'm pretty sure I already tried using ENB screenshots but I will try that again.