Dreadflopps Modular patches

I supposedly found the issues... 

the patches were updated and so append the rules I list in the guide and it should be all good, hopefully.

Just a report.

I am successfully adding PerMa with 

- Resplendent - Races

- Aurora Doomstone

- Thunderchild (Add to blocklist, Use compatibility patch)

- Apocalypse Spell (Add to blocklist, Use compatibility patch)

- Forgotten Magic Redone (Add to blocklist)

- Spectraverse (Add to blocklist, Use compatibility patch)

- Dwemertech (Add to blocklist, Use compatibility patch)

- Duel (Add to blocklist) ???I am not sure that blocklist is needed???

Playing for the last 1-2 days without any problem

I uninstalled Enchanting Awakened, TTRSO, Stealth Skills Rebalanced, and Smiting Perks Overhaul.

I have a few questions for anyone using PerMa with MMO.

1) Did you exclude merged MMO patches from this pack in Blocklist.txt?

2) Have you noticed any high level loot leaking with PerMa?

Edited by darkside
  • +1 1

The blocklist was updated with the perma patch, you only need to append what I have added. I'll include more for compatibility for other mods.

Perma throws a fit with spell and magic mods by my observation.

I'm not really testing but I'll look through the records. I need to figure out how to do morrowloot patching on my own. So I can add more to the list. There was a list armors in some pack on step. I have a few.

The patch that I am going to do will likely be merging ones. This will be compatible with any esp replacers. The version will be listed in the esp description.

I double checked the patch and any records from and of the DLC are Okay but there would be a need for a different style of patching because the current method isnt going to work.

I cant explain it very well but look at the pics and you might be able to figure out what I am talking about

This one is easy because they patch would work in this case because only Skyrim and Perma are modifying that leveled item.

f26f3e6d94.png

this one is where thing would be interesting. 

As you can see the leveled lists that you modified will overwrite those that are from other mods.

af6d573a1d.png

You may be able to use the patch that you provided at a guide.

Like such...

b4980766fa.png

so that it turns into some like this 

29fffc82a7.png

Down the leveled lists that perma added, everything turns into an error. That is why I brought up the whole FormID change. 

Maybe if we use the same consistency file the error will go away.

8c83ef61f3.png

Or is this really confusing and I was unable to covey the issue at hand?

Do you guys have any guide or article or post how to morrowlooted (Remove high level loot from level list???) mods?

This is stickied in the Morrowloot 4E Edition:

Since people have been asking continuously about making patches and I'm too busy working on the mod, anyone that has a basic knowledge of how the Creation Kit and TES5Edit works can make patches for mods they want. Here's the things you should do:

1) Open Morrowloot and the mod you want to patch on TES5Edit.

2) Open up "File Header" on both mods and edit the Record Flags. Change it to ESM. MAKE SURE YOU EITHER KEEP A BACKUP of the original ESP or CHANGE IT BACK after finishing your patching work.

3) Open Morrowloot.esp and the mod you want to patch on the Creation Kit.

4) Go find your mod's crafting recipes on the "Constructable Object" list

5) Open up vanilla recipes that Morrowloot changed, and see the "Conditions"

6) Copy Morrowloot's crafting conditions to the appropriate item recipes (I.E If your mod has a weapon named Orcish Fork, then use the conditions from Orcish recipes). Make sure you don't have multiple conditions of the same name (only copy the ones Morrowloot added)

7) With that, the crafting part is done.

8 ) Now for leveled lists which takes a bit more effort to do. Open up "Leveled Item"

9) This part only consists of following changes Morrowloot does to the leveled lists.

10) An easy way to do this is just open up the lists containing weapons and armor, then removing the additional stuff your mod added.

11) You can easily tell which leveled list you should edit if all you see are just items that Morrowloot allows to be found in merchants and random loot and the rest being your mod's items. (I.E in leveled list X all items are steel or iron except for your mod's items that has everything from dwarven and above. Remove them and keep the lower tiered ones).

12) Avoid changing things that should be there though. Like for example, Morrowloot removes Orcish equipment from most merchants/random loot lists, but didn't remove them from leveled lists used by Orc NPCs. Another example would be not to change stuff like Dwemer loot, since it already properly contains Dwemer items and only used in Dwemer ruins.

OPTIONAL: Place the higher tiered items from your mod into the game's world. Make sure the locations make sense, not blatantly out in the open (make it look natural), and don't put too much stuff out there. Remember, unlike the old Morrowloot you can craft the items, albeit with requirements.

Hope this helps. I'm not THAT knowledgeable in how the CK works either.

Edited by gpthree
  • +1 1

Thanks gpthree. Dreadflopp, Are you using the above guide?

No, in this pack we use the recipes from complete crafting overhaul so there is no need to edit the recipes. I use TES5Edit to fix the leveled lists. Open morrowloot.esp and the plugin you want to fix and edit out stuff from the plugin you want to fix. You only need to edit the lists that morrowloot has changed. No need to patch the sublists. It's a little hard to explain but open up morrowloot.esp and another plugin and poke around a little and see how stuff is connected and how sublists works. If you need to I can post some screenshots of how I do it.

• +1 1

No, in this pack we use the recipes from complete crafting overhaul so there is no need to edit the recipes. I use TES5Edit to fix the leveled lists. Open morrowloot.esp and the plugin you want to fix and edit out stuff from the plugin you want to fix. You only need to edit the lists that morrowloot has changed. No need to patch the sublists. It's a little hard to explain but open up morrowloot.esp and another plugin and poke around a little and see how stuff is connected and how sublists works. If you need to I can post some screenshots of how I do it.

If you will be so kind to post screenshots will be extremely helpful. I know basic ways around TES5Edit, but can't figure out how to do what you guys have been doing.

I am trying to morrowlooted the Wintermyst standalone mod (Not the full PerMa). I am not planning to use the skyproc patcher that comes with Wintermyst. 

My plan is to use TTRSO enchanting with Wintermyst.

I tried full PerMa. but my laptop is not powerful enough.

Edited by darkside

I won't be able to post screens today, but I can explain the process a little better:

If you for example want to remove high level items from lore weapons expansion following the method that morrowloot uses, follow these steps:

1. Make a copy of "lore weapons expansion.esp" and rename it to anything, in this example lwe_temp.esp.

2. Make sure the plugins is sorted in this order: morrowloot.esp, lore weapons expansion.esp, lwe_temp.esp

3. Load these 3 plugins in TES5Edit.

4. Make a filter but do not filter out anything (which means make sure all options in the upper left filter section is ticked.)

5. Make sure you do not hide rows that are identical (this makes it harder to delete stuff)

7. Expand morrowloot.esp and then leveled item. You will see that it contains lots of records. Those that are red is overwritten by another plugin, in this case lore weapon expansion.esp. Open each one of these red records and delete what needs to be deleted from lwe_temp.esp. To know what to delete, check what morrowloot.esp has deleted. Left-click the item you want to delete and click delete on the keyboard.

8. Check lwe_temp.esp to see if it contains any new lists (they should have white background). If it has, these lists need to be edited. Most mods don't introduce new lists (PerMa does though)

9. Close and save. Rename lwe_temp to it's original name. It is now a replacement plugin.

The reason for renaming the plugin is that by doing it this way you can load the original plugin as well as a copy of it that you edit. If you accidentally deletes a record that you shouldn't have you can simply add it back from the original plugin, which is left unedited.

Patching the leveled list is easy, it can be a little time consuming. Patching PerMa's leveled list is harder though since it renumbers formid's. The only way I can think of to patch it is to make a script that deletes stuff from leveled lists. I can not make such a script. I could probably learn but I don't have the time for it unfortunately.

Edited by dreadflopp
  • +1 1

I think if I share my constancy file for PerMa, it should keep the same FormIDs for everyone. I'll look into that tomorrow because it is late.

Good tginking.

That might work. Some things needs to be tested. What happens if you install all mods in the pack, build a consistency file and share it and the user that uses the consistency file doesn't use all mods from it. Will the formids remain in the consistency file or will they be removed. What happens if you uninstall a mod, rebuilds the consistency file and later reinstalls the mod. Will it get new formids?